Email marketing is an evergreen trend leveraged by brands to boost engagement and generate leads. According to marketers, emails deliver the highest ROI among all channels. As a result, email marketing software systems such as ActiveCampaign have a loyal fanbase.
Image via Campaign Monitor
ActiveCampaign is undoubtedly the most popular email marketing platform. Marketers love its intuitive dashboard, drag-and-drop campaign builder, and sales and CRM integration.
Before we delve into the topic of ActiveCampaign alternatives, let’s understand why ActiveCampaign is the preferred choice of millions.
Here are the standout features of this software solution:
- Campaign automation flowchart for every client’s unique needs
- Email funnels to convert prospects into customers
- Visually-stunning, personalized emails
- Email segmentation and dynamic content
These basic features can help you roll out your email marketing campaigns in no time. But to leverage ActiveCampaign’s advanced features, you’ll need to buy the Enterprise license at a steep cost. SMBs operating on a tight marketing budget may prefer to use one of the many ActiveCampaign alternatives, available at lower prices.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of 10 of the best ActiveCampaign alternatives below. Here we go.
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #1: HubSpot
HubSpot is a great software solution for enterprises of all scales and scopes. Apart from mechanizing your email workflows, you can also automate your sales, marketing, and services systems.
A free CRM underlies all of the processes in HubSpot. You can get insights into your contacts, prospects, and customers from one window. Talk about a one-stop destination.
Here are the highlights of HubSpot’s email marketing solution:
- Dozens of professional-looking email templates
- Personalized subject lines and content to ensure high open and click-through rates
- A/B testing to identify productive email campaigns
- Salesforce integration that helps analyze each email’s effectiveness
- Lifetime free subscription that includes contact insights and email conversion analytics
HubSpot scores over ActiveCampaigns due to its affordable business model. Its free edition bundles up email marketing with ad management, live chat, and reporting dashboards. The paid packs range from $35 to $2,240 per month. Read our HubSpot review for more details.
Image via HubSpot
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #2: Exponea
Exponea is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) that utilizes AI to give businesses a holistic picture of their customers and targets.
It extracts customer data from online and offline sources, centralizes it, and restructures it so that you get valuable insights about your customers. Then, it helps you develop appealing email content and helps you target it to contacts at the right time, in the right form.
These are some of Exponea’s standout features:
- Cloud-powered to host voluminous contact diaries, on-premise and on-the-fly
- Smart delivery of emails in each contact’s optimal time (derived by complex machine learning (ML) algorithms based on stored interaction records)
- Drag-and-drop editor to craft beautiful emails
- Advanced HTML editor to plugin premade codes
- Easy-to-understand dashboard to monitor email performance
If you want intelligent analytics along with email campaign execution, get Exponea CDXP. Get in touch with the sales team for prices.
Image via Exponea
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #3: AWeber
For small enterprises, AWeber is an affordable alternative to ActiveCampaign. You can build emails directly from your blog posts, tag emails according to campaigns, and make slick emails with a high conversion rate.
The software has an HTML and a drag-and-drop editor. It lets you choose from 100+ integrations with CRMs, shopping carts, and social listening tools.
Businesses love AWeber for these features:
- Award-winning customer service for 24×7 assistance
- Smart sign-up forms to build your contact lists and auto-segment them
- Effective subject line analyzer to ensure your recipients click and open your mails
- A/B testing of subject lines, content, and send times for better results
- Campaign hubs for your teams to collaborate on each outreach plan
Registered users can try AWeber for 30 days for free. For 500 contacts and unlimited emails, you pay $19 per month, inclusive of round-the-clock guidance from email marketing advisors and basic automation features.
Image via AWeber
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #4: Constant Contact
Whether you‘re a retailer or a non-profit association, you’ll find Constant Contact’s email marketing solutions highly effective.
It comes with all basic tools – a subject line analyzer, contact segmentation, intelligent analytics, and smart automation. Plus, some advanced capabilities, such as integration with Shopify. Bring down your shopping cart abandonment by sending automated reminders.
Here are Constant Contact’s key features:
- Dynamic content that updates according to a user’s recent online activity
- Event marketing to get customer data using surveys and polls
- Behavioral analysis of contacts to build accurate personas and relevant email content
- 30-day free registration with ecommerce-specific basic and advanced features
The email and email plus packs cost $20 and $45 per month, respectively.
Image via Constant Contact
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #5: Salesforce Email Studio
Salesforce is a sophisticated platform for launching and automating email marketing campaigns. You can opt for simple workflows to send your pre-built emails, or choose smart sending of personalized content to contacts.
By importing data from your CRM and user behavior analytics, Salesforce builds a detailed contact persona. Then, it helps you craft emails that will help convert skeptical prospects into confident customers of your brand.
Here are the winning features of Salesforce:
- Responsive design tools to help you create emails from any device
- Flexibility to use HTML, drag-and-drop editor, or tailored scripting languages
- Customizable templates conceived by the best-in-industry designers
- Scalable campaigns at affordable rates
Subscribe to Salesforce Marketing Cloud to get email marketing, phone messaging, automation tools, campaign manager, journey builder, and smart analytics. Contact the sales team for a free quote.
Image via Salesforce
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #6: Mailchimp
Another great ActiveCampaign alternative is Mailchimp. The email builder has a content studio where you can upload your email content, templates, and media files.
Its super-friendly editor lets you pick and drop components into your email with ease. Like most marketing automation software, Mailchimp has real-time analytics to report your campaign performance.
Check out some of Mailchimp’s exclusive capabilities:
- Integrated marketing tools for end-to-end automation solutions
- Contact segmentation and persona building
- Predictive product recommendations by adding your store’s plugin
- Responsive mobile app and templates that work well across all hand-held devices
- Easy-share options for getting engagement and visibility on Facebook and Instagram
The Free edition allows up to seven marketing channels, selected templates, automation, and basic analytics. The Essentials, Standard, and Premium plans cost $9.99, $14.99, and $299 a month, respectively.
Image via Mailchimp
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #7: Marketo
Marketo is miles ahead of their competitors owing to its robust strategic partnerships and innovation. It’s a tool made by marketers and aligned with modern marketing trends.
Its super-friendly interface lets you launch email campaigns in minutes. Roll out entire campaigns on the move without technical support or programmer intervention.
Here are some of Marketo’s key capabilities:
- Detailed contact profiling using intelligent forms
- Manual and automated testing of email workflows
- Deep integration with top CRMs to arm your sales and customer service departments
- Triggered emails for every progressive interaction of a prospect with your website or landing page
- A proactive customer feedback cell that strives to fine-tune the platform for better performance
Marketo’s email marketing bundle includes a landing page creator, template gallery, marketing campaign calendar, and SEO for emails. Contact the sales team for pricing information.
Image via Marketo
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #8: iContact PRO
iContact PRO beats competitors for its free registration feature and simplistic email editor. You also get to build beautiful landing pages with appropriately-placed CTAs and easy navigation architecture.
Have a look at the best features of this software:
- Coding-free email creation
- A/B testing on sample contacts and scientific evaluation of test results
- Complete automation of routine emails, such as welcome emails
- Creation and hosting of CTA-loaded landing pages for better conversion
- A rich repository of stock images and templates for your emails
- Photo editing tools to transform media content in emails
You can buy the base and pro plans of iContact PRO software for $27.20 and $54.40 per month. The pro plan gives additional tools for creating landing pages and re-engagement email automation.
Image via iContact
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #9: Mailjet
Our next ActiveCampaign alternative is Mailjet, intuitive software for email marketers and API developers. Its editor, Passport, makes mail creation a breeze. Create action-oriented newsletters and appealing emails that your contacts just can't ignore.
You get a real-time preview of how your emails will look in a recipient’s inbox. Easy contact management lets you handle thousands of contacts with a few clicks. Derive your customer insights for each contact segment and leverage them for creating more effective outreach plans.
Here’s how Mailjet can propel your email marketing initiatives to the next level:
- Optional widget to capture customer details while they’re cruising around your website
- Management of access and roles of team members collaborating on a campaign
- Micro-analytics for each email, such as the effectiveness of the subject line.
- Support for multiple file formats of your imported contact lists
The free edition lets you send 6,000 emails a month, limited to 200 emails per day. If you need a higher volume and access to superior features, buy the basic or premium editions for $8.69 and $18.86 per month.
Image via Mailjet
ActiveCampaign Alternatives #10: MailOptin
MailOptin mainly serves WordPress-hosted websites. It strategically partners with top CRMs, WordPress partners, and marketing software providers.
With this software, you can send event-triggered emails to capitalize on each milestone in a customer’s journey with your brand.
Have a look at Mailoptin’s remarkable features:
- A customizable scheduler to launch daily, weekly, event-based campaigns automatically
- Auto-sends emails to announce new content additions to your WordPress website
- Support to all leading email platforms, including Mailchimp and Mailjet
- A dedicated Email Marketing Service (EMS) account for all your personal or client campaigns
The standard, pro, and agency plans cost $79, $179, and $279 a year, respectively.
Image via MailOptin
If you have a startup and a shoestring marketing budget but big aspirations, pick any one of these ActiveCampaign alternatives. They will make your email marketing efforts more productive.
Do you know of any other ActiveCampaign alternatives you think deserve a spot on this list? Let us know your feedback and insights in the comments section.