With these top picks, you can find the perfect alternative to AWeber that suits your specific email marketing needs. Now, let's explore these and the remaining contenders in detail in the next section.
What Are the Key Features of AWeber?
AWeber has managed to carve a name for itself in the email marketing industry. But what is it about the tool that makes it popular?
In this section, we’ll discuss the key features of AWeber. Before we get to discussing its alternatives, it’s important to understand what AWeber offers so you can compare the features easily.
Some of the main features of AWeber include:
- Email Design: Ability to create attractive emails with the help of Canva without having to leave your AWeber account
- Pre-Built Templates: Access to a huge library of customizable email templates along with special designs for events, holidays, and sales.
- Simple Interface: Ability to drag-and-drop elements to create professional-looking emails quickly
- Automation: Ability to create campaigns and set them on automation, so you don’t have to worry about sending emails all the time.
- Segmentation: Ability to create segmented email lists with groups of similar subscribers to create more effective campaigns
- Tagging: Ability to organize all email subscribers with specific tags to send more targeted emails
- Images: Access to a huge library of free stock images to make your emails more visually appealing
- Auto-Newsletters: Ability to automatically send blog posts out as newsletters
- Reports and Analytics: Get insights into how your subscribers are responding with AWeber’s built-in reporting capabilities
Why Are Marketers Looking for AWeber Alternatives?
There are some reasons why AWeber might not be a suitable solution for your business. First, AWeber may seem too expensive for small businesses. It does offer a free plan but it comes with limited features.
Their Pro Plan starts at $19.99 per month. Note that you can use it only if you have up to 500 subscribers. In comparison to other AWeber alternatives, the price point seems to be a bit on the higher end.
Second, AWeber is a service that is permission-based. If subscribers want to join your email list, they will have to specifically provide permission to get information. In case you haven’t emailed a subscriber for some time, it’s less likely that they will remember you.
In such a scenario, AWeber recommends that you don’t import subscribers if you haven’t communicated with them over email in the past six months. For all businesses, this might not be suitable.
Which Key Features Should You Look For In AWeber Alternatives?
When looking for an email marketing software program, there are key features you should look for. AWeber is a popular email marketing software, but there are many alternatives available. Make sure the software you choose has the following features:
1. Email Sequences
You should find an email marketing software program that has the ability to create automated email sequences.
This is a great feature to have because it allows you to create a series of emails that will be automatically sent out to your subscribers at predetermined intervals. This can save you a lot of time and help you keep in touch with your subscribers on a regular basis.
2. Mobile Optimization
To ensure that your emails are easily readable on mobile devices, be sure to use a platform that automatically optimizes messages for screens of smaller sizes.
Additionally, many platforms provide templates designed specifically for mobile users. This will allow your recipients to skim your email on their smartphone or tablet.
3. Detailed Analytics
Different email marketing platforms offer an in-depth view of different key metrics. These should start with some of the most fundamental email marketing metrics such as open rate, bounce rate, unsubscribe rate, and click-through rate.
4. Multiple Pricing Plans
Email marketing automation can be a great way to improve your results, but it can also be expensive.
It's important to find a platform that offers multiple pricing plans and makes it easy for customers to upgrade their tier as they gain more subscribers. If possible, find an email marketing platform that offers a free trial, demo, or provides you with a money-back guarantee.
This will ensure that you can try out the email marketing software at least once. It will help you gauge if it matches your needs. Be especially careful before committing to a long-term subscription if you haven't used the service even once.
5. Third-Party Integrations
Integrations are key when it comes to choosing an email marketing platform. Look for services that have seamless integrations with your existing software, so you can easily target and segment your audience, report on data, and send social media messages.
Without these integrations, simple tasks like these will take significantly more time to complete. Make sure to prioritize platforms with strong integration capabilities when making your decision.
6. Customer Support
No one wants to deal with glitches or tech issues when it comes to email marketing. But, unfortunately, these things can happen from time to time. That's why it's important to choose a provider that offers great customer service.
A provider that has an option to add live chat support is ideal, as you receive an immediate response to any message. This way, you won't have to wait long for help if you're stuck. And, your workflow won't be slowed down by technical problems.
So, before you choose an AWeber alternative, be sure to investigate the quality of their customer service. This could make all the difference in the success of your outreach campaigns.
7. A/B Testing Capabilities
A/B testing is a valuable tool that can help you improve the effectiveness of your email marketing. When you use email marketing software with A/B testing capabilities, you can test different versions of your email campaigns to see which ones generate the best results. This can help you fine-tune your campaigns and boost your ROI.
8. Pre-Designed Email Templates
When you're looking for email marketing software, it's important to find a tool that has pre-designed email templates. This will make it easy for you to create beautiful, professional-looking emails without having to design them from scratch.
A good email marketing software should also allow you to customize the templates to match your own branding. This way, your emails will always look consistent with your other branding materials.
9. Marketing Automation
Marketing automation allows you to automate certain tasks, such as sending emails at predetermined times, adding subscribers to a mailing list, and tracking the success of your campaigns. This can save you time and help you achieve better results with your email marketing campaigns.
Choosing email marketing software that has marketing automation features can help you get the most out of your email marketing campaigns.
Which Are the Best AWeber Alternatives Out There?
AWeber is a popular email marketing software platform but it’s definitely not the only one. Whether you need to find an alternative that’s easier on the pocket or has different features, there are plenty of choices available.
In this section, let’s discuss seven of the best AWeber alternatives in detail. For each email marketing tool, we’ll discuss the key features, pros, cons, and pricing structure.
Before you commit to a definite choice, make sure you check out what the tool is offering and how it compares to other similar platforms in the same league.
Constant Contact offers a variety of services that can help you get more leads and drive more sales online. You can use the platform to create and send newsletters, announcements, and other types of marketing materials. With the built-in tools, it’s easy to track how well your marketing campaigns are performing.
Features like automated email marketing, easy-to-use templates, and powerful reporting tools, Constant Contact also makes it easy to create and send email campaigns that get results.
Not just that, you can use their all-in-one digital marketing software solution to manage social media ads and run online campaigns.
- Best-in-class email delivery rate of 97%
- Broad selection of templates and designs to create polished emails.
- Smart columns to automatically adjust to new buttons, text, and images.
- Ability to target subscribers based on demographics, interests, or behaviors.
- Real-time insights into how emails are performing so you can make changes as needed.
- Multiple integrations with Shopify, WordPress, and other major apps.
- Ability to find new customers via Instagram ads, Facebook, and other apps.
- Ability to trigger emails based on subscriber behavior.
- Option to group similar contacts to create segmented lists.
- Click-tracking heat maps to help you figure out which links got the most clicks.
- A/B testing to choose the most effective subject line for your emails.
- Built-in image library where you have instant access to professional stock images (Shutterstock partnership) + our Canva integration allows users to create, edit, and customize images then publish to their Constant Contact library (2G worth of storage included).
- Responsive support via phone or chat.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 60-day free trial.
- A free demo so you can understand the key features before committing.
- The interface can be buggy sometimes.
- Digital Marketing Plans
- Core Plan: $9.99/month (approximately)
- Plus Plan: $45/month (approximately)
- Sales Accelerator Plans
- All-in-one CRM platform: $399/month
Pro Tip: If you want to manage your email campaigns on the go and create emails from anywhere, use Constant Contact’s mobile app. They also have a List Builder app to create new lists and manage your contacts from your phone.
MailerLite is an email marketing platform that helps you send email newsletters, announcements, and other types of email content to your subscribers. This Aweber alternative is easy to use, and there are a variety of templates and tools to help you create beautiful email campaigns.
Plus, MailerLite integrates with a variety of other platforms, so you can easily manage your email marketing efforts from one place. If you're looking for an easy-to-use email marketing platform, MailerLite is a great option.
With MailerLite, you can create beautiful landing pages, pop-ups, and embedded forms to capture leads. Plus, MailerLite has tons of powerful features like email automation, A/B testing and segmentation that will help you grow your business.
- A simple drag-and-drop editor that makes creating email campaigns easy.
- Built-in templates that you can customize or start from scratch.
- Automated email sends, including birthday and anniversary reminders.
- Detailed reports that show how your email campaigns are performing.
- Integrations with popular web platforms like WordPress, Shopify, and more.
- Built-in photo editing option.
- Pre-built newsletter and landing page templates.
- Click Maps to check how your audience interacts with newsletters.
- Ability to resend mails to subscribers who haven’t opened your email.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Easy to use.
- Affordable, varied pricing plans.
- Some templates may seem too basic.
- Segments and Groups are confusing.
- Customer approval process can be frustrating.
- Free Plan: 0-1000 subscribers: $0/month (Upto 12,000 emails only)
- 0-1000 subscribers: $10 (Unlimited emails)
- 1001-2500 subscribers: $15 (Unlimited emails)
- 2501-5000 subscribers: $30 (Unlimited emails)
- 5001-10,000 subscribers: $50 (Unlimited emails)
Pro Tip: To understand where most of your subscribers are located, check out the “Opens By Location” feature on MailerLite.
GetResponse is an email marketing platform that helps businesses send out email campaigns to their subscribers. It offers a variety of features, such as email creation tools, autoresponders, and landing pages, that make it easy to create and send out email campaigns.
Additionally, GetResponse provides detailed analytics and reporting so businesses can track the success of their email campaigns.
You can use this Aweber alternative to create emails quickly and easily, and you can track how well your campaigns are performing. You can also segment your audience so that you're sending the most relevant content to the right people.
What makes GetResponse a great choice for small businesses is its price. It's one of the most affordable email marketing platforms available, and there are a variety of pricing plans to choose from.
- Easy to use interface.
- Ability to create automated email sequences to nurture subscribers.
- Free stock images and GIFs to enhance newsletters.
- Dynamic content option for personalized messaging.
- Ability to build custom segments on the basis of selected criteria.
- A/B testing for subject lines, images, and call-to-action buttons.
- Free email and landing page templates.
- Ability to send web push notifications.
- Behavior-based emails via marketing automation capabilities.
- Multiple integrations available.
- Easy to use interface.
- Multiple educational resources available.
- Ability to create fully automated email campaigns quickly.
- Limited capabilities with the free plan.
- Very limited customer support unless paying for the Max plan (with custom pricing).
- Free Plan: $0/month (Up to 500 contacts)
- Basic Plan: $12.30/month (Up to 1000 contacts)
- Plus Plan: $40.18/month (Up to 1000 contacts)
- Professional Plan: $81.18/month (Up to 1000 contacts)
Pro Tip: Use the custom web fonts option in GetResponse to personalize your emails and make them look more appealing.
EngageBay is an all-in-one marketing platform that combines the functions of a CRM tool, email marketing platform, and sales software program. With EngageBay, you can easily create beautiful email newsletters, promotions, and surveys.
You can also track the success of your email campaigns with real-time reports. Plus, EngageBay integrates with a variety of other platforms, so you can easily grow your email list and boost sales.
To save time on following up with your subscribers, you can use the email sequences on EngageBay. It’s a hassle-free way to turn your warm leads into loyal customers.
- Simple drag-and-drop email editor.
- Ability to segment lists with multiple filters.
- Multiple targeting options based on source, country, created date, and more.
- Ability to add your contacts’ attributes to your emails.
- Beautiful email templates with multiple formatting options.
- Detailed campaign tracking options.
- Multiple pre-designed email templates.
- Third-party integrations with popular apps and services.
- 500 MB or more file storage in all plans.
- Easy-to-use landing page builder.
- Comprehensive marketing platform.
- Affordable pricing plans for SMBs.
- Dependable customer support.
- Long learning curve for new marketers.
- Free Plan: $0/user/month
- Basic Plan: $14.99/user/month
- Growth Plan: $49.99/user/month
- Pro Plan: $99.99/user/month
Pro Tip: To improve your email click-through rate, experiment with EngageBay’s rich formatting options.
ConvertKit is a tool that allows you to manage your email list and send out automated emails. It's a great tool for bloggers and online entrepreneurs who want to grow their email lists and increase their online income.
ConvertKit makes it easy to create beautiful email newsletters, automate your email marketing, and track the results of your campaigns. Plus, it's affordable and easy to use. If you're looking for a powerful, yet simple-to-use email marketing tool, ConvertKit is definitely worth checking out.
On their website, ConvertKit mentions that they have an open rate of 98%. This means that most of the emails that you send are likely to end up in your subscribers’ inbox, not spam folder.
- Building custom forms to collect subscribers' information.
- Automated email sequences that can be triggered by different events (like subscribing or buying a product).
- Creating custom emails with drag-and-drop editors.
- Integrating with other tools like Google Analytics, WordPress, and Shopify.
- Inline styling options to include multimedia, buttons, images, or videos in your emails.
- Create subscriber groups based on location, tags, custom form fields, and other criteria.
- A/B testing for subject lines.
- Smart filters to control which product pitches you send to which subscribers.
- Ability to add tags based on a subscriber’s action.
- Third-party integrations with Bonjoro, Shopify, and other popular apps.
- Robust system to add tags.
- Modern, professional-looking email templates.
- Super specific options for targeting emails.
- Detailed email metrics to understand how your campaign is performing.
- Minor errors or technical issues can happen.
- Can't modify forms.
- A/B testing and reporting are very limited (no bounce rate data, etc.)
- Free Plan: $0/month (For 300 subscribers)
- Creator Plan: Starting at $15/month (For up to 300 subscribers)
- Creator Pro Plan: Starting at $29/month (For up to 300 subscribers)
- Free trial available
Pro Tip: If you already have a rich existing email list, opt for their Creator Pro plan. It has advanced features like deliverability reporting, subscriber engagement reporting, and free access to a special newsletter referral tool called Sparkloop.
6. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is an email marketing service that helps businesses send out newsletters, announcements, and other types of emails.
Campaign Monitor makes it easy to create beautiful, responsive emails that will look great on any device. You can also track how well your emails are performing, and see who's opening and clicking through your messages.
Campaign Monitor is a great tool for businesses of all sizes. It's easy to use, and you can create beautiful emails without having to design them from scratch.
You can also track the performance of your campaigns, so you can see how well they're doing and make adjustments as needed. And if you need help getting started, Campaign Monitor offers a wealth of resources including tutorials, webinars, and ebooks.
What’s more, Campaign Monitor also offers a number of integrations with other popular platforms, so you can easily add it to your existing tools.
For example, you can connect Campaign Monitor with Salesforce, Shopify, and WordPress, among others. This makes it easy to get started with Campaign Monitor and start seeing results quickly.
- Simple but powerful email editor that has a drag-and-drop interface.
- Easy options for customization and mobile optimization.
- Ability to lock certain sections of your email template designs for future use.
- Interactive analytics dashboard to track transactional emails, email campaigns, and more.
- A/B testing options to test images, subject lines, and content.
- Easy to connect campaigns to third-party analytics tools.
- Segmentation options to send highly targeted emails to your subscribers.
- Marketing automation to make your email campaigns more effective.
- Comprehensive analytics suite to check email performance .
- Ability to exclude segments from campaigns.
- Robust email templates.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Comprehensive automation options.
- Split testing is only limited to two variants.
For up to 500 contacts in your list, here are the pricing details:
- Basic Plan: $9/month
- Unlimited Plan: $29/month
- Premier Plan: $149/month
- Free trial available
Note that the price increases as per the increase in the total number of subscribers. If you have more than 500 contacts in your list, then their plans start from $29/month. For more than 3000 contacts, the pricing plans start from $49/month.
Pro Tip: For time-sensitive emails, you can use the special settings for time-zone in Campaign Monitor. With it, you’ll be able to send your emails at the same local time in different nations.
Mailchimp is one of the most popular web-based email marketing services out there. This AWeber alternative allows businesses to create and send newsletters, promotional emails, and other types of automated emails. The service also helps businesses of all sizes to create and send newsletters, promotional emails, and other types of automated emails.
Mailchimp is a great tool for managing your email lists and sending out newsletters, but it can also be connected to other apps and automated workflows to help you save time and get more done.
For example, you can connect Mailchimp to your CRM system to automatically add new subscribers to your email list. You can also connect it to your social media scheduling tool so that you can automatically post your latest newsletter on Twitter or Facebook.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface.
- A/B testing for optimizing your email campaigns.
- Detailed analytics so you can track your progress.
- Automatic list segmentation to target specific customers.
- Integrated payment processing so you can sell products and services directly through your emails.
- Ability to design personalized customer journeys based on conditional logic.
- Smart recommendations and predictive insights .
- 100+ pre-designed landing page and email templates.
- Real-time feedback on email subject lines.
- A/B testing option to pick the best version of your email.
- Rich functionality.
- Multiple pricing options.
- Easy-to-use template editor.
- No option to schedule emails in the free version.
- Charges users to host unsubscribed contacts on their account.
- Can be difficult to use.
This AWeber alternative has different pricing options for all its different products. This way, you can bundle up products that are complementary and useful for you.
- Transactional Email
- Free Plan: $0/month
- 1 to 20 blocks: $20/block for 1 to 500k emails
- 21 to 40 blocks: $18/block for 500k to 1M emails
- 41 to 80 blocks: $16/block for 1M to 2M emails
- Marketing Platform
- Free Plan: $0/month on 2000 contacts
- Essentials Plan: $11/month on 500 contacts
- Standard Plan: $17/month on 500 contacts
- Premium Plan: $299/month on 10,000 contacts
- Websites and Commerce
- Plus Plan: $29/month + 0.5% transaction fee and Stripe fee
- Core Plan: $10/month + 1.5% transaction fee and Stripe fee
- Free Plan: $0 + 2% transaction fee and Stripe fee
Pro Tip: Use the Surveys option in Mailchimp to gauge customer interest and get feedback.
1. Is there a free version of AWeber?
Yes, you can use AWeber for free. Their AWeber Free Plan has the following features:
- You can add up to 500 email subscribers.
- You can create landing pages.
- You can send web push notifications.
- You can use a drag-and-drop builder.
- You can access professional-looking email templates.
- You can create sign up forms.
- You have special features related to ecommerce.
… and more!
You can sign up for AWeber’s free plan here.
2. Which are the main AWeber competitors?
The main AWeber competitors include:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
3. Which are the best email marketing software programs for marketers?
There are many email marketing software programs available out there. The best one will depend on your requirements. Some of the most popular choices include:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
4. Is AWeber a good email marketing software solution?
Yes, AWeber is a great email marketing software. Some of its key features include easy automation, effective email segmentation, free stock images, easy-to-use email designer, and more.
5. Which are the best AWeber alternatives for small businesses?
The best AWeber alternatives for small businesses include Constant Contact, GetResponse, Mailchimp, MailerLite, EngageBay, and others.
For more information on these email marketing software solutions, check out the detailed listings given in this blog post.
6. Why should you consider looking at AWeber alternatives?
There are a few reasons why marketers are looking for AWeber alternatives. The tool’s Pro Plan is priced at $19.99 per month. It allows you to add up to 500 subscribers.
When you compare that price point to other AWeber alternatives, it may seem a bit high. For small businesses who don’t have a big budget, it may not be feasible to opt for AWeber.
Also, AWeber is a permission-based service. When subscribers want to join any emailing list, they are required to give permission to be able to receive emails or information. If you haven’t sent any email to subscribers in a while, they might have forgotten about you.
For such a case, AWeber suggests that you shouldn’t import these subscribers onto your list if you haven’t sent them an email in six months. Businesses that are not comfortable with it may start looking for more suitable AWeber alternatives.
7. Which features should you look for in an email marketing software program?
Before you finalize any email marketing software program, make compare all the options on the following criteria:
- Marketing automation
- Email sequences
- Pre-designed templates
- Mobile optimization
- Third-party integrations
- Customer support
- Pricing plans
- Detailed analytics
- A/B testing capabilities
8. Which AWeber alternatives are free?
Some AWeber alternatives that offer free trials or free plans include:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
For more information on their pricing plans, please check out the previous sections of this blog post.
Are You Ready to Pick the Best AWeber Alternative For Your Business?
Granted that AWeber is one of the first names that pops up when you look for email marketing software programs. That’s because it is efficient and convenient. However, the price point may be a deterrent for many marketers who are on a tight budget.
The good news is that there are many AWeber alternatives out there that are as rich in functionality and have different pricing plans. Check out the key features and compare the pros and cons in this post thoroughly before you make a final decision.
Do you have any questions about the AWeber alternatives mentioned above? Please feel free to reach out to us. Leave your queries in the comments section below, and we’ll answer them for you.