Email marketing is one of the pillars of digital marketing. AWeber is one of the most popular email marketing automation platforms in the market. It boasts incomparable features like an autoresponder, split testing, and 700+ email templates.
However, these services come at a heavy price tag that not everyone can afford. Consequently, AWeber alternatives are becoming the preferred choice of the masses.
Image via Campaign Monitor
Choosing an AWeber alternative that performs as well as AWeber can be a challenging task. You can get waylaid by misleading claims on websites or contradictory reviews on the web.
I’ve been there.
To help you make the right choice, you need an unbiased and accurate account of the available tools.
In this post, you’ll get comprehensive reviews of 11 of the best AWeber alternatives with their features and prices.
The 11 Best AWeber Alternatives for 2020
Whether you’re a freelancer or a B2B brand, there’s an email marketing automation platform that’s meant for you. You just need to find it.
The great news is that we’ve made your life easy by evaluating 11 great AWeber alternatives. You can use our insights to compare these tools and select your best fit.
Let’s get started.
AWeber Alternative #1: Sendinblue
While Sendinblue is a full-stack marketing platform, its email marketing module is particularly impressive. This AWeber alternative helps you design professional-looking emails in minutes. By sending targeted emails to the right people at the right times, you can derive better engagement and ROI. Sounds great, right?
- The simplistic drag-and-drop editor makes email designing a breeze.
- You get hundreds of design templates to choose from, or you can build your email from the ground up.
- It lets you personalize bulk emails by adding dynamic content such as recipients’ names. You can also opt for advanced personalization options.
- It allows you to segment your contacts into numerous lists based on parameters like gender and location. Best of all, for each contact list, you can create custom emails for more targeted messaging.
The Free plan allows 300 emails/day and unlimited contacts. For more numbers, you can opt for one of the free plans that cost from $25 to $66 per month. The Enterprise plan’s price is available on a request basis.
Image via Sendinblue
AWeber Alternative #2: GetResponse
GetResponse is a formidable competitor for AWeber. Using the tool, you can generate automated emails, newsletters, autoresponders with action-specific triggers, and blog digests.
And it doesn’t stop there. All messages are perfectly-timed and optimized for maximum visibility.
- Autoresponders generate and deliver follow-up emails to nurture customers and prospects.
- The tool sends automated emails that are triggered by customer actions such as abandoned carts and website visits.
- Segmentation of contacts enables you to send the right message to the right people.
- Its Perfect Timing and Time Travel tools help identify optimal email sending times.
Their best-selling package is the PLUS plan, which costs $49 monthly. At this price, you can build a list of 1000 contacts, five workflows, and webinars with up to 100 attendees.
Sounds good, right?
Image via GetResponse
AWeber Alternative #3: Mailchimp
The next AWeber alternative on our list is Mailchimp. The full-featured marketing platform accelerates your email marketing campaigns. Using the tool, you can generate appealing branded emails at scale. Consider what this can do for your business.
- The simplistic email builder lets you drag and drop design blocks from templates onto your email, Sounds cool, doesn’t it?
- You can organize your images and media files in the content studio and use them as needed in your emails.
- The platform has a wide variety of built-in automation options. To top it off, it also lets you create custom ones.
- As if that’s not enough, you get up-to-date analytics reports to evaluate your campaign performance in real-time.
Mailchimp recommends the Standard plan which costs $14.99 monthly. At this price, you get all email templates, A/B testing, custom branding, and retargeting ads. You also have a Free plan that provides basic templates.
Image via Mailchimp
AWeber Alternative #4: MailerLite
The next AWeber alternative we will review is MailerLite. This feature-packed platform is capable of executing end-to-end email campaigns that never fail to delight with on-target personalized messaging.
Want to know the best part?
Apart from emails, you can generate landing pages, pop-ups, and surveys using the tool.
- The drag-and-drop editor lets you create appealing emails and newsletters within minutes.
- The curated newsletter templates are professional looking and available for free.
- The Rich Text editor lets you make tweaks to a page’s HTML to make minute changes to the email’s look and feel.
- It integrates with tools such as WooCommerce, Shopify, and SendOwl so that you can leverage external data to build better email campaigns.
MailerLite is indeed light on your pocket; it’s free for up to 1,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per day. For unlimited emails, you will have to pay $10 monthly. Their Premium plans are worth $100 monthly and bundle up live chat support 24/7 and MailerPro.
Image via MailerLite
AWeber Alternative #5: ConvertKit
ConvertKit has earned its place among top AWeber alternatives due to its remarkable features and competitive prices.
Here’s the deal:
The tool is loaded with numerous options that can help in growing your email subscribers list and optimizing your email messages.
- An email editor with a clean and uncluttered interface helps you create and format emails in a jiffy.
- The quick content menu lets you add personalized headers, CTAs, dividers, and buttons with one click.
- You get a dedicated image library to store frequently-used images. The integration with Unsplash lets you access hi-definition royalty-free images.
- That’s not all, if you’re a coder, you can modulate or add HTML snippets to finetune your email’s contents.
ConvertKit comes in four plans starting from $25 per month (paid annually). If you have over 5000 subscribers, you can request them for a custom quote via their website.
Image via ConvertKit
AWeber Alternative #6: ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is the choice of email marketers around the globe. It’s a full-stack software solution that is loved by businesses of all scopes and sizes.
Broadcast, triggered, targeted, or scheduled, whatever be your email category, ActiveCampiagns is a pro at creating and delivering them on-target.
- Email autoresponders let you create welcome emails and lead magnets that drive ROI.
- Email funnels allow you to automate the entire process of email marketing so that you need not devote time to day-to-day operations.
- Scheduled emails are sent on birthdays, anniversaries, and festivals to boost engagement and personalization.
- And the best part? Dynamic content lets you pull content from your internal database and integrate it into your email content to give a more personal touch.
For a fully-loaded tool, ActiveCampaign is priced quite comfortably at $9 per month (Lite plan). At this price, 3 users can send unlimited emails, subscription forms, and newsletters. You also get live chat support and email marketing automation.
Image via ActiveCampaign
AWeber Alternative #7: Marketo
If you’re looking for cutting-edge technology and new updates, Marketo should be your email marketing platform. It’s way ahead of its peers in terms of innovation and strategic collaborations with third-party tools.
Why does Marketo matter? Its easy-to-use interface lets you execute campaigns without IT support and coding skills.
- Intelligent forms that extract and maintain customer details.
- Thorough testing of email content and workflows using manual and automated testing.
- CRM-integration that aligns customer relationships and communications.
- Triggered emails that are set off after particular customer actions.
- Proactive customer support to solve your queries instantly.
Get in touch with their sales team for a quote.
Image via Marketo
AWeber Alternative #8: iContact
The next AWeber alternative is iContact, a platform where you can build not only emails but also landing pages and Salesforce mass emails.
Here’s the catch:
Its email automation minimizes your marketing effort and maximizes your productivity.
- A super-friendly email editor to create emails without coding knowledge.
- Split testing on sample contact segments and precise evaluation of results.
- Detailed performance reporting of email marketing campaigns.
- Multi-user accessibility through one license so that the entire team can collaborate.
- List segmentation on parameters such as demographics, location, and buyer journey stage.
The software solution is available in two plans, BASE and PRO. iContact recommends the PRO plan since it includes scheduled emails and non-opener segmentation.
Image via iContact
AWeber Alternative #9: Salesforce Email Studio
Salesforce is a sophisticated marketing platform that can execute mass emailing as well as dynamic 1:1 messaging. The Email Studio lets you pull data from your CRM to create perfectly-segmented contact lists. You can refine the list using built-in user behavior analytics.
- Device-agnostic tools let you build responsive emails.
- The choice of a drag-and-drop editor, HTML, or custom scripting languages let you choose the composition medium that best suits you.
- You can opt for curated templates created by professional designers and industry experts.
- The tool lets you build scalable campaigns at reasonable prices.
If you want just promotional email marketing, the Basic plan is your best match for $400 per organization per month. Although the price point is higher than other AWeber alternatives, you get cloud enablement and CRM integration in your package.
Image via Salesforce
AWeber Alternative #10: Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a robust email marketing solution that is replete with basic and advanced capabilities. Its integration with Shopify allows you to build ecommerce-specific campaigns that can be boon for retailers.
- The tool provides dynamic email content that is always updated and fresh, according to users’ latest activities.
- You can generate surveys and polls to gather feedback and drive engagement.
- It builds accurate contact personas by using behavior analysis.
- It has a relatively long free registration period of 30 days that allows users to assess the tool’s performance.
The tool comes in two pricing plans, EMAIL, and EMAIL PLUS, priced at $20 and $45 per month, respectively. In the EMAIL PLUS plan, you get email marketing automation over and on top of email creation and contact segmentation.
Image via Constant Contact
AWeber Alternative #11: Mailjet
The last AWeber is in our line up is Mailjet, which has a loyal user base that swears by its powerful features. Its email marketing features are built for marketers and entrepreneurs from all industries and domains. Apart from email creation, Mailjet offers analytics and email API.
- You can integrate the Mailjet widget that captures customer details and interactions while customers browse through your website.
- Its email editor, Passport, has an intuitive interface that can be used by beginners with ease.
- The tool lets you assign and manage roles to team members who are collaborating on a campaign.
- You can import contact lists in varied formats.
- SMTP relays help you set up your SMTP servers and relay millions of messages in minutes.
The FREE plan allows 6,000 emails monthly, limited to 200 emails in a day. For higher numbers, you can purchase their BASIC, PREMIUM, or ENTERPRISE plans.
Image via Mailjet
Which of These AWeber Alternatives is Best?
If you aim to derive maximum results from your email marketing campaigns, one of these tools can help you achieve the desired results. The best part about these AWeber alternatives is that they come with full-featured trial periods that are free of cost.
To find the best tool for your needs, you can sign up for a few of these tools and compare their performances before investing for the long term.
Are you using any of these platforms? Please let us know your honest feedback in the comments below.