Are you struggling to engage your Instagram followers?
One great way to do this is to use the Instagram Story Questions Sticker to encourage users to interact with your brand or account.
You can use this feature to get to know your audience better, seek feedback about your products/services, have fun conversations, and much more. Asking the right questions on your Instagram Stories can not only help you increase your account’s reach and engagement but also improve the overall sentiment of your IG content.
Not sure where to start?
Read till the end to:
- Understand how to use the IG Story Questions Sticker, step-by-step.
- Identify the best Instagram questions for your brand or IG profile.
- Learn how to respond to users’ responses to your IG Story questions.
Let’s get started.
What is the Instagram Questions Sticker?
The Instagram Questions Sticker is a feature available in the Sticker tray within Instagram Stories. You can use this Sticker to ask fun and interactive questions from your audience and boost the visibility of your Instagram page.
If you are a business owner or influencer, the Questions Sticker can work as a powerful marketing tool and help you improve your reach and engagement.
You can also use the Questions Sticker to:
- Start a conversation with your audience.
- Keep your followers interested in your Instagram page.
- Receive quick feedback from your customers.
- Invite followers to ask you questions.
How the Questions Sticker on Instagram Stories Works
The Instagram Stories Questions Sticker can grab your audience’s attention and encourage them to respond to your questions. This is a smart way to engage your audience, build new connections, and increase sales.
Here’s an example:
- Suppose you are looking for a way to generate leads for your coffee shop.
- You can create a new Instagram Story, insert the Questions Sticker, and ask your audience: “How do you like your coffee?”
- A follower taps the Sticker and replies, “Hot coffee with a dash of sugar.”
- You can continue this conversation and ask them to visit your coffee shop for the best coffee in town. You can also take this opportunity to mention the different methods you use to brew the perfect cup of coffee for them.
This is how the Instagram Stories Questions Sticker works.
In addition to asking questions about your brand/business, choose some fun and interactive questions for Instagram to encourage your target audience to respond.
How To Use the Questions Sticker on Instagram Stories
It is quite simple to use the Questions Sticker on Instagram Stories.
Create a new Story, select the “Questions” Sticker from the Sticker tray, and type in the question you want to ask. Your audience can type in their responses in the same text box and send them to you.
Here’s the step-by-step process to use the Instagram Questions Sticker:
1. Go to your Instagram page and tap the Add (+) icon at the end of the screen and tap on “Story” to create a new Story.
2. Tap the square icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen to select a background photo or video from your phone’s gallery.
3. Next, tap the “Sticker” icon at the top of the screen to open the Instagram Sticker tray.
4. Tap “Questions” and a white text box will pop up.
5. Next, tap “Ask me a question” and type in the question you want to ask your audience.
6. Lastly, share the Story with your followers or close friends.
This is how you can find Questions Sticker on Instagram, create a Story using it, and share it with your audience.
Here are some points to keep in mind:
- If you don’t want to add a background image or video, select “Create (Aa)” and add the Questions Sticker.
- You can move the text box and position it anywhere on the screen.
- Use the pinch to rotate and resize the text box.
- Use the palette circle at the top to change the text box color.
- Explore the icons at the top of the screen to customize your Instagram Story with Stickers, text, and effects.
- Users can view your Instagram Story question and respond to it within the next 24 hours.
If you are keen to improve your Instagram growth strategy, asking engaging questions in your Story can help.
You can use this tool to interact with your audience, learn about their preferences, and receive quick feedback about your products/services. Work on your business strategies accordingly to maximize your reach.
Best Instagram Questions To Ask on Your Instagram Stories
When you are narrowing down the questions to ask on your Instagram Story, select the ones that are relevant to your target audience.
You can always experiment with different types of questions to keep your followers interested.
Refrain from asking about your brand/business every time. Instead, frame some fun and interactive questions for your Instagram Stories to encourage participation. Connect with them on a personal level and build genuine relationships with them.
Let’s take a look at the Instagram questions to ask your audience to maximize engagement. I will break this down into different categories to make it easier for you.
Interactive and Fun Instagram Story Questions
Fun Instagram questions can be a perfect part of your Instagram engagement strategy and help you make your brand more visible to potential customers.
Here are some examples of fun Instagram Story questions:
- If you had superpowers, what would you do with them?
- If you could be a superhero, which one would you be?
- Which fictional character are you most similar to?
- What is the stupidest thing you believed as a child?
- What is the funniest thing you have ever done?
- What is the strangest habit you have?
- What is that one thing you will never do for a million dollars?
- What do you think you were in your past life?
- If someone read your mind, what would they hear the most?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite rom-com movie?
These are some good examples of fun questions you can ask on your Instagram Stories to keep the responses coming.
Instagram Story Questions for Bloggers and Influencers
If you are a blogger/influencer/celebrity, you can use the Questions Sticker to host a fun and interactive Q&A session with your audience. This is a good way to keep your followers engaged with your page and increase interaction.
The right questions can also help you understand your audience better and create content accordingly.
You can also use the Instagram Questions Sticker to crowdsource ideas for your next blog post.
Here are some example questions to ask:
- What should I blog about next?
- Which destination should I cover in my next blog?
- Who do you want to see featured in my next post?
- Describe me in one word.
- Do you have a nickname for me?
- How often should I post on Instagram?
- Which of my Instagram posts did you like the most?
- Which is the best app for editing photos and videos?
- What do you like to watch on Instagram the most?
- Which book should I read next?
- Suggest a good movie.
These IG Story questions also work for those who want to become an Instagram influencer and increase their visibility and reach. You can use the Questions Sticker to connect with your audience on an emotional level and keep them loyal to your page.
Instagram Quiz Questions for Stories
Instead of sticking to the regular quiz questions, plan an interesting Q&A session with your audience. For example, ask them questions about you to add a fun element.
You can use the Quiz Sticker here and add up to four options for each question. Each participant can select one option and see immediately if they are right or wrong.
It will look something like this:
Swipe up the screen and you can see the list of viewers, their answers, and quiz results.
Here are some Instagram quiz questions that you can ask your audience:
- What is my favorite beverage?
- What is my preferred ice cream flavor?
- What is my favorite music band?
- What kind of cuisine do I prefer the most?
- How many tattoos do I have?
- What musical instrument can I play?
- What is my go-to place for shopping?
- How many languages can I speak?
- What is my native language?
- What is my favorite TV show?
- Who is my favorite Instagrammer?
- How long have I been on Instagram?
- What is my hidden talent?
General Questions for IG Stories
If you haven’t had a casual and friendly interaction with your audience of late, use the Instagram Questions Sticker to ask some general questions.
This form of interaction can help you get to know your audience, increase engagement, and boost the visibility of your Instagram page.
Here are some examples of general questions for your IG Stories:
- Which social networking platform do you use the most?
- What do you do to stay healthy?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- Where did you go on your last trip?
- What is the most beautiful place you have been to?
- Which is the best laptop for gaming?
- Are you a tea person or a coffee person?
- Are you a mountain person or a beach person?
- What or who motivates you in life?
- What are the 3 most important things in your life?
- Who is the person you admire the most and why?
- What games do you like to play?
- Which mobile app do you use the most?
- What is your most exciting memory to date?
- What did you aspire to become as a child and why?
- Do you follow a morning routine?
- What are your plans for the New Year?
- What do you do for your mental health?
- What are you grateful for today?
- What are you reading this weekend?
For example, the American actress, Reese Witherspoon, has an Instagram page for book lovers where she often posts IG Story questions related to books and reading.
Best Instagram Story Questions to Promote Your Brand/Business
You can also use the Instagram Story Questions Sticker to promote your brand/business. It can also be a medium to understand the buying patterns and preferences of your customers.
Here are some questions to ask on your Instagram Story as a brand/business owner:
- What kind of products do you prefer to buy from our store?
- What was the last thing you bought from us?
- Did you purchase anything from us in the past 2 months?
- What would you like to buy next?
- What new product should we add to our product line?
- Is there a product you would like to see improved?
- Would you recommend our brand/business to anyone?
- Do you like our new brand logo?
- Guess our best-selling product for this month.
- Suggest a name for our new [category] product.
Here’s an example of a Story by the mobile accessories brand, KaseMe:
Instagram Stories questions are perfect to excite and engage your followers, create better leads, and increase revenue.
You can shortlist the best Instagram questions and post them every few days.
While fun questions and quizzes are good for a causal interaction, those related to your brand/business will make your followers feel heard and connected.In addition to asking questions to your audience, you can also use the Instagram Questions Sticker for the following:
- To let people ask questions to you: This is a wonderful way to connect with your audience. Instead of you asking them questions, invite them to ask you anything.
For example, Jo Johnson Overby, a popular lifestyle influencer from Arkansas, holds a chat session every weekend in which she invites her followers to ask her questions.
You can answer the questions and share them on your Instagram Story. Or you can tap “message username” and reply privately.
- Get feedback on your products/services: You can also use the Questions Sticker to get quick feedback from your customers regarding a product or service.
If a customer has a question regarding the products you sell, they can use this answer box to ask those questions here. This will save them from the hassles of contacting your customer support.
You can also get experts to answer the questions asked by your audience for increased credibility.
Here’s an example where the skincare brand, Glossier, invited Dr. Shereene Idriss to answer their audience’s questions:
- Create buzz around a new product: If you are launching a new product, use the Questions Sticker to create a buzz around it.
And if you have launched a product recently, use the Questions Sticker on Instagram Stories to ask your audience if they are keen to try it or have already tried it.
You can also add a link to your Instagram Story to direct users to your website or a particular product page. This can help you increase the product sales.
- Run a contest: You can also use the Instagram Questions Sticker to run a giveaway contest and distribute prizes to winners.
Contests can power up engagement and benefit your brand’s overall exposure.
These are some smart and effective ways to use IG Stories Questions Sticker to engage your audience. Get creative with the Questions Sticker to maximize responses.
How To View Responses to Your Instagram Stories Questions
When you post an Instagram Stories question, you can check the views and responses in a jiffy.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap your Instagram profile picture and go to the Story question you have shared.
- Next, swipe up the screen to view the responses received.
If you want to view the IG Story and the responses any time later, turn on the “Save Story to archive” feature in account “Settings.”
Here are the steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile page and tap the hamburger icon at the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the list and then tap “Privacy.”
- Select “Story” from the options.
- Scroll down and toggle on “Save story to archive.”
This feature will automatically archive the Stories you share. You can view them even after they disappear from your IG Feed.
A Few Tips
- Do thorough research and ask the best Instagram questions for maximum responses. Select questions keeping your followers and target audience in mind.
- For higher engagement, find the best times to post on Instagram.
For example, according to a study conducted by CoSchedule, B2C businesses should post on Instagram at 9 AM, 1 PM, and 9 PM. On the other hand, software businesses should schedule Instagram posts for 11 AM, 1 PM, and 5 PM for better engagement.
How To Reply to the Answers Received to Your Instagram Story Questions
When your followers reply to your Instagram Story questions, respond to as many as you can with a short message or reaction. This is a simple yet effective way to connect with your audience and grow your following.
You can either reply privately via DM or publicly by sharing the response on your IG Story.
Method 1: Respond to an Instagram Story Question Privately
Here are the steps to reply to an Instagram Story Question privately:
- Tap your Instagram profile picture to see the Story.
- Swipe up the screen to open the “Responses” and “Viewers” lists.
- Under “Responses,” tap the answer you want to reply to and then hit “Message [username].”
- Type a reply in the message box and hit “Send.”
A Quick Tip:
You can also tap the arrow next to the respondent’s name under the “Viewers” list and send a DM to them.
When you choose to reply privately, you can respond to only one question at a time.
Method 2: Respond to an Instagram Story Question Publicly
Here are the steps you can follow to reply to a Story question publicly:
- Follow the steps above to open the IG Story Question Sticker options and check “Responses” and “Viewers.”
- Tap the specific responses you want to share with your audience and hit “Share response.”
- Customize it with a background image, text, and effects (optional) and share the Story with your audience or close friends.
A few points to keep in mind:
- The response to your Story Questions Sticker will be shared without the name, username, or photo of the respondent.
- Instagram will notify the user when you share their answer.
- Once you have shared a response publicly, you will see “Replied” under their response. This will help you manage multiple responses effortlessly.
- You can respond to the “Ask me anything” questions the same way. Tap “Share response,” type your reply under the Questions Sticker (tap to type), and hit “Share.”
Replying to responses and sharing them publicly tells your audience that you are listening to them. This will make them happy and encourage them to engage with your brand’s content more often.
Method 3: Share Multiple Responses Publicly
Instead of sharing each response separately, you can share multiple responses to your Story question in one Story. Here’s how:
- Tap the 🛈 button next to “Responses” to see all answers.
- Next, take a screenshot of the Responses page.
- Create a new Story and add the screenshot from your phone’s Gallery.
- Lastly, add text, stickers, and effects to your Story and share it with your audience.
Method 4: Share Selected Responses to Your Instagram Story Question
If you want to share some selected responses to your Instagram Story question, you can do the following:
- Tap the ? button next to “Responses” and take a screenshot.
- Crop the ones you want to share with your audience and save them to your phone’s Gallery.
- Next, go to your Instagram page and tap the Add icon (+) at the end of the screen to create a new Story.
- Select “Story” and then tap “Create (Aa).”
- Hit the “Sticker” icon at the top of the screen to open the Sticker tray and tap the “Add Photos” Sticker.
- Select a cropped response from your phone’s Gallery and place it in the Story.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add more cropped answers to your Story and then share it with your audience.
Here’s an example:
A few tips:
- Pinch to rotate and resize the cropped images (optional).
- Add text and effects to the Story (optional).
All Set To Ask the Best Instagram Questions on Stories?
Asking the best Instagram questions on Stories can help you engage your followers, learn about their preferences, and boost your brand’s reach and visibility.
The Questions Sticker, which looks like a little white box, is a smart tool where you can type a question and share it with your followers on Instagram Stories. Your followers can submit their answers in this same white box and send them to you.
So, if you are keen to build your brand/business on Instagram, start using the Instagram Questions Sticker right away. You can ask questions every few days to keep your followers interested in your Instagram page and business.
Have you used the Questions Sticker on Instagram Stories? Did it help boost user engagement? Do share your experience with us in the comments below.