People today want to read content that is unique, tells stories, entertains, provides solutions, and creates experiences. So brands, marketers, bloggers, and writers are constantly focusing on creating content that actually provides value to the readers.
It’s important for writers to create high-quality, engaging content that people will love to read and share. For this, you can use content writing tools. They can simplify the job for you and help you write well-researched, easy-to-understand, grammatically correct, and interesting content.
Wondering where to start searching for these tools?
Start right here.
Based on my own testing, I've put together a list of the 20 best content writing tools that can help you become a better content writer. I’ve discussed their features, what makes them unique, and why you should use them.
What Are Content Writing Tools?
Content writing tools are software applications that help writers create content faster, improve content quality, and boost efficiency.
These tools can have a wide range of features that can help you with:
- Checking grammar and spellings
- Suggesting synonyms or similar phrases
- Improving readability
- Conducting detailed keyword research
- Getting access to content optimization analytics
Additionally, content writing applications can help you collaborate on projects in real time with others through shared workspaces. This ensures that all team members are working on the same version of the project.
Why Do You Use Content Writing Software Solutions?
Content writing software solutions can improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of your produced content. They give you the ability to quickly create high-quality content that is optimized for both readers and search bots.
Here are some of the key reasons why you should use content writing software tools:
1. Improve Your Writing Style and Quality
The best content writing tools help you become a better content writer by analyzing your content and providing suggestions on how to improve your content. For example, they can provide feedback on readability, sentence structure, content clarity, and more.
Furthermore, these tools can help you spot and correct grammatical errors, typos, awkward phrasing, and other mistakes in your content.
Some content writing tools provide you with the option to check your content for spelling and grammatical errors in both American English (US English) and British English (GB English). This can help ensure that your writing is consistent with the appropriate language standards or publication requirements.
2. Find Trending Topics
You can use these tools to find trending topics that interest your target audience. With their content research functionalities, you can ensure that you always have fresh content ideas that are most likely to resonate with and engage your readers.
You can also get insights into the content topics and content types that perform well in your industry.
3. Make Your Content Easily Discoverable
SEO content writing tools can help you optimize content for better visibility, engagement, and conversions.
Through content optimization tools, you can research the best keywords to use and then implement them throughout your content at the right frequency for maximum impact.
4. Speed Up Your Writing Process
Content writing tools can help you save the time you spend on content creation. Using these tools, you can research content topics quickly, generate content ideas and outlines, and optimize your content.
Some content writing tools also come with an AI content writing assistant that can generate content for you in real time, if guided in the right direction. But, obviously, it’s your job to ensure that the content is factually correct, original, and adds value.
5. Streamline Your Writing Process
Content writing tools can streamline your content creation process by allowing multiple writers and editors to collaborate in real time. This allows faster and more efficient collaboration, as team members can work on the same document without having to wait for each other to finish.
These tools can also help you build content strategies and save time by providing content templates that you can easily reuse.
6. Easily Manage and Track Your Content Projects
Content writing tools also provide content management features that enable you to easily store, organize, and track content projects. This helps you stay on top of tasks and content deadlines, making sure content gets done on time.
Additionally, they also provide content analytics and content optimization reports to help you understand how well your content is performing.
How to Choose the Best Tools for Content Writing
Choosing the best content writing software solution can be a daunting task, as there are so many tools available out there. To make the right choice, you need to make sure that the tool you pick meets all your requirements.
Here are the factors to look at while choosing a content writing software program for your business:
- Useful features: Look for tools with features that can help your content team become more productive and efficient. These include content research capabilities, content optimization, team collaboration, editing features, analytics and reporting, reusable content templates, and AI content writing assistance.
- Easy integration: Make sure the tools you choose are compatible with your existing content management system, content creation software, and other tools so that you can work seamlessly.
- An intuitive user interface (UI): You should look for content writing tools with an easy-to-use interface. This will allow you to quickly and easily create content without too much technical knowledge. The less time you spend learning how to use it, the more time you can spend creating content.
- Affordability: Choose content writing tools that are cost-effective and fit your team’s budget while still offering the features you need.
- Customer support: Look for content writing tools that have great customer support and tutorials, so if you ever run into any problems or have questions, you can get help quickly.
By taking these factors into account, you can easily choose the best content writing tools for your content team and start creating content in no time!
List of the 20 Best Content Writing Tools
To improve the content on my website, I use multiple content writing tools to edit and polish my blog posts. Based on my testing, I can tell that these tools can help streamline your content production and content optimization processes.
If you're looking for the best content writing tools to help improve your content quality, performance, and speed, here are the top 20 software applications to consider:
1. ProWritingAid – The Best AI-Powered Content Writing Tool
ProWritingAid is an AI-powered content writing tool that helps you become a better writer.
Just like other grammar checkers, ProWritingAid helps you find and correct embarrassing grammar and spelling mistakes.
It helps you improve the clarity, strength, vocabulary, and style of your writing. With its suggestions, you can make your writing more persuasive and engaging.
Using ProWritingAid, you can check your content for:
- Overused words
- Repeated words and phrases
- Sentence structure
- Sentence length
- Cliches and redundancies
- Vague and complex words
- Consistency of spellings and capitalization
While ProWritingAid’s web editor is quite easy to use, you can also add its Chrome extension. This will allow you to proofread and edit your content across all browser tabs, emails, and documents on Chrome.
ProWritingAid has 20 reports focusing on different aspects of your writing. It also has additional features like articles, videos, and quizzes to keep your editing process fun, interactive, and educational.
Try it for free today and, if you love it, get 20% off ProWritingAid Premium using the discount code: BARKER20
What makes it the best tool for content writers?
With ProWritingAid, your content will never have repetitive sentence starts or passive voice again. It will help you write powerful, persuasive, and engaging content for your readers.
And the best part?
ProWritingAid Premium offers an unlimited-use lifetime license at a one-time payment of $265, so you can use it forever.
- Grammar and spelling check
- Readability improvement suggestions
- 20 in-depth writing analysis reports that highlight issues like repetitiveness, passive voice usage, vague wording, over-complicated sentence constructions, etc.
- Writing style improvement suggestions like better word choices
- Seamless integrations with your favorite work and writing tools such as MS Word/Outlook, Google Docs, and Final Draft
- Valuable reports in the form of easy-to-understand visual charts and graphs
- Free plan: For up to 500 words
- Premium plan: Starts at $13 per month (billed monthly)
- Premium plan: Lifetime license at a one-time payment of $265
To learn more about the unique features and benefits of this tool, read my full review of ProWritingAid.
2. Grammarly – The Best Grammar Checker
Grammarly checks your article for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. You can use this tool to proofread and self-edit your work.
It also provides insights about word count, reading time, vocabulary, and the readability score of your article.
If you choose to go with its Premium version, Grammarly will check your content for additional writing issues, which include:
- Word choices
- Missing prepositions
- Wordy sentences
- Unclear sentences
- Tone of your content, like making it sound more positive and professional
- Plagiarism check
- Human expert writing help
What makes it one of the best content writing tools?
Grammarly is easy to use, and you can access it anywhere. It easily integrates with Google Docs, WordPress, and other content editors. Plus, it’s free to use for basic content checks.
You can also get thorough reports about the quality of your content by clicking on “Overall score” at the top-right corner.
- Error checking – including grammatical errors, typos, missing punctuation, confusing words, etc.
- Writing style and tone improvement suggestions
- Readability and clarity improvement suggestions
- Consistent brand tone suggestions across your team
- Available to use with 500,000+ mobile, web, and desktop applications
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc.
- Plagiarism checker
- Analytics about your writing errors, style, etc.
- Full sentence rewrites with Premium and Business plans
- Free plan
- Premium plan: $12/month
- Business plan: $15/month
You may also want to check out other similar writing tools including the best Grammarly alternatives.
3. Surfer – The Best SEO-Friendly Content Writing Tool
When it comes to content optimization, Surfer is one of my personal favorites.
It can help you analyze the content of pages ranking at the top 20 SERP positions for your target keyword. You can identify the points to cover and the phrases to use along with their frequency.
Surfer also suggests the number of words you should write for your post to outrank others on a specific keyword.
For example, if I want to write a post on, “The best ecommerce platform for SEO,” I’ll create a Content Editor query for the same.
It will create an editor for you that shows:
- The number of words you should write on the topic
- The headings you should include
- The number of images your article should contain
- The words and phrases to include and in what frequency
- The questions your article should answer
- Links to articles competing for rankings on the same keyword
You can also connect your Google Docs file with the Surfer query and optimize your content as you write.
For this, you’ll need to add its Chrome extension.
Once done, you’ll be able to see Surfer’s interactive editor within your Google Docs. It will help you keep an eye on your content’s keyword density, word count, headlines, and readability as you write it.
What makes it the best SEO content writing tool?
In one go, Surfer can inspect 500+ data points and weigh your content against organic competitors. This way, you can create content that outranks the competition on search engines and attracts tons of organic traffic.
You don’t need to switch windows or copy-paste lengthy content to use the tool. Just connect your content document to the tool, type your target keyword, and watch your progress in a nifty pane on the side.
The tool also generates a Content Score for each piece that you type, which helps you assess your content quality instantly.
To watch the tool in action, sign up for their 7-day trial for just $1.
- Built-in outline builder with appropriate headings and questions
- Real-time keyword suggestions for better content optimization
- Plagiarism checker
- Keyword research tool
- SEO audit feature
- Integrates with Google Docs, WordPress, Jasper, etc.
- Basic plan: $59/month
- Pro plan: $119/month
- Business plan: $239/month
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
4. HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator – Free Content Ideas Generator
If you find it challenging to come up with fresh topic ideas, check out HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator. This tool can help you find content ideas in any niche quickly.
Simply enter up to 5 nouns related to your content topic, and this free content writing tool will generate hundreds of content ideas instantly. It’s a great way to jumpstart your content creation process.
With this tool, you can get 5 ideas for free. However, you'll need to share your details to unlock a year's worth of content ideas.
It will let you download all content ideas for your blog as an Excel sheet.
Additionally, you can also use this tool to build your blog strategy, plan your content calendar for the entire year, and publish articles with engaging, catchy titles that will draw in your readers.
What makes it the best tool for content writing?
This tool is perfect for content writers who need help getting content ideas or breaking writer’s block. It's also cost-effective, as you can get a year's worth of content ideas for free.
You can also get tips on how to get your content to rank first on Google or other search engines. And with content ideas up to a year in advance, you can plan ahead and stay on track with your content strategy.
- A year’s worth of blog content ideas
- Tips to optimize your content to get it to rank first in search engine results pages
- Absolutely free to use
You may want to use other HubSpot tools as well such as their CMS Hub, Marketing Hub, and HubSpot CRM, each of which comes with different price points.
5. Copyscape – The Best Plagiarism Checker
Picking content ideas is one thing, but copy-pasting content from other websites is a content-writing sin. Plagiarizing content can get content creators into serious trouble, both legally and ethically.
This is where content writing tools like Copyscape come in.
Copyscape is a content writing software that scans the internet (including documents, articles, and web pages) for content that’s identical or similar to your content. You can use this tool to detect content that’s been plagiarized.
With its content uniqueness score, you can find out how unique your content is compared to content found on other websites.
If you are serious about content writing, this tool is a must-have. It ensures content authenticity and helps you maintain credibility.
That’s why content writers of all levels use Copyscape to ensure their content is 100% original and unique. This implies that your content doesn't contain fragments from other sources.
- Plagiarism checker
- Duplicate content checker within your own content
- Detection of unauthorized copies of your content
- Plagiarism reports with all source URLs
- 3 cents per search for up to 200 words
- Plus, an additional 1 cent per extra 100 words
6. Semrush’s Writing Assistant – The Best Tool for Search-Optimized Content
If you want an easier method to optimize your website and blog content on the go, Semrush’s Writing Assistant can be of great help to both your writers and SEO professionals.
Instead of creating complex guidelines Docs and ensuring each checkpoint is met, you can help your team do semantic SEO in a way that’s easier and smarter.
This content writing tool helps you:
- Optimize your content for user intent to gain higher search rankings.
- Improve your content’s readability.
- Ensure that your content is original (free of plagiarism).
- Maintain a consistent tone of voice across your branded content.
It gives an overall quality score for your content, ranging from 0 to 10, and highlights issues with actionable insights for improvement.
And the best part?
You can use it to analyze your content where it’s most convenient for you.
In the video above, I used Semrush Interface to edit my content.
I love the interface and find this content writing tool to be a perfect combination of the Hemingway Editor (readability check) and Surfer (the right keyword and phrase inclusion).
However, Hemingway Editor also helps identify passive voice usage and Surfer also helps with outline generation. So, each of these tools has its own advantages.
But Semrush’s Writing Assistant also highlights other SEO issues, including the links to fix and the missing Alt text from your images.
Overall, it offers a more comprehensive analysis of your content quality and helps increase your chances of ranking higher in the SERPs.
You can also use it to paraphrase your copy with the help of an AI-powered writing assistant but I personally don’t recommend this. It’s best to have human writers and editors improvise your copy for originality and value.
- SEO-friendly content checker for recommended keywords, avoiding keyword stuffing, fixing links, and taking care of image alt text
- Readability checker based on the Flesch reading-ease score formula to help you identify and fix all complex words, phrases, and sentences
- Tone of voice analyzer to help you stay consistent and build deeper relationships with your audience
- Plagiarism checker in 100+ languages to ensure the originality of your content
- Paraphrasing tool to help you overcome writer’s block and improve your copy
- Start using it for free for 7 days.
- Pro plan: $119.95/month
- Guru Plan: $229.95/month
- Business plan: $449.95/month
- You can save up to 17% if you pay annually.
7. CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer – Test Your Post Titles & Headings
If you want people to read your articles, you need a content writing tool that helps you write engaging headlines. This way, you write headlines that create interest and compel people to read the entire post.
That’s where CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer comes in handy.
This writing tool analyzes your headlines on their type, word balance, use of emotional and power words, and character length. It helps you write powerful headlines, which are very important to grab your target audience’s attention.
And it’s super easy to use. Just enter your headline and click on the “Analyze” button.
It will give you a headline score from the readers’ and search engine’s points of view, and also provide suggestions to improve your headline.
Here is how the headline I tested stands against my search competition:
With this content writing tool, you can optimize your headlines to drive more traffic and shares, and rank higher in search results.
- Headline analyzer – check for word balance, sentiment, skimmability, readability, and clarity
- SEO score – check for keyword density, search preview, headline competition, and keyword variations
- Headline score – check for word count, character count, headline type, and sentiment
- Free to use
8. Wordtune – An AI-Powered Writing Assistant
Wordtune is an AI-powered writing assistant that helps you rewrite sentences for better clarity and improve your tone of writing. Using it, you can spot and fix grammatical and spelling errors, and get suggestions for better word choices.
It also lets you shorten and expand your sentences to make content more readable and to fit different content formats.
For example, I wrote a tweet to promote this post. I can easily expand the post to share it on another social media channel using the Wordtune Editor.
In all, Wordtune is helpful for beginners as well as professional writers.
Plus, Wordtune seamlessly integrates with your favorite content editors like WordPress, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and more. This means that you can quickly access the content writing software without leaving your preferred word processing program.
- Content editor – spelling, grammar, missing words, punctuation, clarity, fluency, and other writing issues
- Sentence and paragraph rewrites
- Casual or formal – tone correction suggestions
- Shorten or expand your text
- Smart synonym suggestions
- Integration with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Gmail, Chrome extension, Slack (web version), Outlook (web version), etc.
- Premium support
- Free plan up to 10 rewrites/day
- Premium plan: $24.99/month
- Premium for Teams plan: Custom pricing
Read my full review of Wordtune to learn more about its features and use cases.
9. Hemingway Editor – The Best Tool for Improving Readability
If you want to refine your writing, The Hemingway Editor is a great pick. The app highlights lengthy, complex, and hard-to-read sentences, asking you to shorten them.
It provides suggestions to replace difficult words and phrases with simpler ones and omit unnecessary adverbs. And it highlights the use of passive voice as well.
Here’s an example of the kind of suggestions this writing app gives:
You can edit your article for improved readability and also enhance your writing style over time. This can help you write stellar content for posting on social media as well.
What makes Hemingway Editor different from other content writing tools is its use of a “grade” system. This grading system helps you determine the complexity of your content.
I used the suggestions to improve the quality of the content shared above. Now, my Hemingway Editor dashboard for the same content looks like this:
If you are a content writer looking for an easy-to-use content writing tool that helps you develop your content skills, Hemingway Editor is a perfect choice. It simplifies content writing and ensures content clarity and readability.
Here is how to use Hemingway Editor to effectively self-edit your content:
- Readability score
- Passive voice detection
- Hard-to-read, complex sentences identification
- Simpler alternative suggestions for complex words
- Word counter
- Reading time analysis
- Free to use
10. Readability Test by WebFX – Free Readability Checker
Did you know that an average American adult reads at a 7th to 8th-grade level? It is important for you to keep your blog posts within that range to maximize readership. This writing tool by WebFX allows you to check the readability of your blog post.
You can either input the URL of your published blog posts or copy-paste the entire text directly.
WebFX’s Readability Test will help you analyze how readable your blog post is so that you can fine-tune it for enhanced readability. Additionally, it can help you check the readability of the content you’re posting on social media.
- Readability check using different indicators
- Flesch Kincaid Reading Ease
- Flesch Kincaid Grade Level
- Gunning Fog Score
- Coleman Liau Index
- Automated Readability Index (ARI)
- SMOG Index
- Word counter
- Percentage of complex words in your content
- The average number of words per sentence
- Free to use
11. Portent’s Content Idea Generator – Topic Generator for Your Blog
This popular writing tool helps you find topics for your future posts.
Having used this tool a few times, I can tell you that some of its suggested titles are funny or shocking. But it is still a great tool to get your creative juices flowing and write a blog post about them.
All you need to do is to input a keyword and hit “Enter.”
In most cases, you should be able to tweak their topic suggestions to get an appropriate one.
If the topic suggestions don’t make sense, you can always refresh your search to look for more options.
- Topic ideas generation
- Option to save the topics or titles you like
- Free to use
12. WordCounter – The Perfect Tool to Identify Repetitive Words & Phrases
Every writer has their own set of favorite words, which they sometimes tend to overuse. This powerful writing tool lets you identify the most frequently used words in your content.
You can use this tool to identify and eliminate repetitive terms from your content and refine it to match the highest quality standards.
It can also help you detect grammatical and spelling mistakes and improve your overall writing style by suggesting better word choices.
In the right sidebar, you can see the number of words you’ve written along with your content’s readability level, reading time, and speaking time.
- Word counter
- Readability check
- Most-used keywords identification
- Grammar and spell check
- Reading time analysis
- Thesaurus for better word choices
- Title case and sentence case
- Download your content in “.txt,” “.doc,” and “.pdf” formats or save it as Google Docs
- Free to use
13. Ulysses for a Distraction-Free Writing Space
Ulysses is an ideal distraction-free content writing tool for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. With a clean interface and an excellent selection of distraction-free modes, it helps you write more.
With this content writing tool, you can set writing goals, track progress, organize your blog posts, and publish directly to WordPress.
Write from anywhere, anytime, as your content library automatically syncs between all connected devices through iCloud. You can always continue where you left off.
In the absence of a lot of buttons and menus, you can concentrate on writing. It is a perfect writing app for those who believe in the “less is more” theory.
Moreover, this writing tool for content comes with a built-in proofreader and editing assistant that lets you find and fix errors as you type. From punctuation fixes to spell check, semantics, redundancy, and other checks, Ulysses can help you write better and faster.
You can even easily turn your chunks of text into impressive PDFs, ebooks, and blog posts, with proper images, formatting, tags, and excerpts.
To learn more about its features, watch this quick video:
- Distraction-free writing interface
- Built-in proofreader and editing assistant
- Suggestions for fixing spellings, grammar, punctuation, redundancy, capitalization, semantics, and more
- Manage projects of all sizes from blog posts to PDFs to full-fledged novels
- Available for over 20 languages
- Styling and live preview of your text as PDFs, ebooks, etc.
- Seamlessly publish to WordPress, Medium, etc.
- Track writing progress, word count, custom writing goals, etc.
- Sync your writing across devices
- Try for free
- $5.99/month or $39.99 per year
14. 750 Words to Make Writing a Habit
If you want to add more discipline to your writing routine, 750 Words can be a great pick. This tool encourages you to write 750 words a day.
You can write about anything that comes to your mind as it is a completely private space. Be it blog posts, regular articles, or journal entries.
The tool rewards your writing efforts by assigning points for the number of words you write and how consistent you are. I would recommend this tool to anyone who wants to develop a regular writing routine in a distraction-free zone.
At the same time, you get to learn about yourself as 750 Words analyzes your feelings and mindset through the words you write. Writing here can be therapeutic, which can improve your quality of life.
Initially, it was free for everyone, but now they have started charging a small monthly subscription fee to pay for their server maintenance and support costs.
- Distraction-free writing interface
- Private writing space
- Reports about writing time, typing speed, writing consistency, and more
- Identify your mindset and feelings while writing – a type of meditation that also helps improve your writing quality over time
- A 30-day free trial
15. Power Thesaurus – The Best Tool To Improve Your Vocabulary
Sometimes you want to say something but the right word doesn’t come to your mind. This powerful tool in this list of the best content writing tools can help you in such situations.
When you search for a word in Power Thesaurus, it provides you with a lot of related information. You can look for synonyms, antonyms, and meaning with appropriate examples. This can help polish your articles and increase your vocabulary as a writer too.
You can also select whether you’re looking for a verb, noun, or idiom.
- Synonym suggestions
- Antonym suggestions
- Definition finder
- Use of a word in a sentence
- Look for words, phrases, or idioms related to the word you search for
- Free to use
16. Unicheck Plagiarism Checker to Ensure Your Content is Unique
People want to read unique and authentic blog posts, and this is why you need a content writing tool that allows you to check your blog posts for duplication issues.
The must-have Unicheck Plagiarism Checker tool checks your blog posts against a real-time database of over 91 billion web sources and open-access databases.
It highlights lines and paragraphs that show potential plagiarism issues and gives you a list of matching sources. It also understands your citations and references.
This plagiarism checker is trusted by many academic institutions in the USA, Australia, Spain, and Belgium.
- Plagiarism checker
- Reliable similarity score
- Full report with clickable similarity sources and adjustable citations and references
- Free plagiarism checker for up to 200 words
- $15 for up to 100 pages
- $600 for up to 10,000 pages
- Custom plan for plagiarism checking of more than 10,000 words
17. TitleCase for Capitalization of Headings in AP Style
TitleCase helps you capitalize your titles and headings for different publications. Whether you’re writing a blog post or a magazine article, it is important to get your titles right.
This tool automatically capitalizes blog titles, news headlines, and other titles in AP style, APA style, Chicago style, or other different styles. It also comes in handy for creating social media captions and image copy (when you want the text written in the title case).
What I love about this tool is that it’s simple to use.
Like most publications, we prefer to write titles and headings in AP style. All we do is add our headline to the box below, select “AP style,” and click on “Convert.”
TitleCase changes the text into the title case.
You can copy the text to your clipboard and paste it in your document or WordPress editor.
- Title case conversion
- Uppercase conversion
- Lowercase conversion
- AP style title case conversion
- Free to use
18. Google Docs for Collaborative Writing & Editing
Google Docs is a popular online document editor that lets your team create, edit, and collaborate on online documents in real time across devices. You can use it for free with your Google or Gmail account.
Collaboration has never been easier. Be it comments, suggestions, or assigning something specific to someone, you can do it all, right on your Google Doc.
You can easily add images, create charts and graphs, and mention people and files (using the “@” sign) in any Google Doc. Watch the video below to discover 5 helpful features of this free online content writing tool.
- Writing, editing, and real-time collaboration on online documents
- Faster writing with built-in Smart Compose feature
- Grammar and spell check and suggestions
- Voice typing
- Import PDFs for easy editing
- Secure data
- Free to use for up to 15 GB Google Drive secure storage
- Business Standard plan: $12 per month per user for up to 2 TB storage per user
19. Weava for Content Research & Organizing Information
Research is the most important and time-consuming part of content writing. This content writing tool helps you research efficiently.
You can organize all of your research materials in one place, highlight what’s important, and add notes. Weava also allows you to categorize your highlighted content sections from different web pages into specific folders.
With cloud syncing, you can even collaborate with your team to conduct research and organize the collected information. This tool is extremely helpful for those who work on extensively curated research papers or dissertations.
Plus, its Google Chrome extension is free and super-easy to use.
- Highlight important researched data on different websites and PDFs
- Add notes to the highlighted content to jot down your thoughts
- Organize your researched data into folders
- Share folders with your team
- Free Chrome extension
- Free plan up to 100 MB storage
- Premium plan for $3.99/month for unlimited storage limit
20. Free Title Generator by The HOTH for Engaging Titles
The HOTH’s free Title Generator tool helps you find the perfect headlines for your blog posts so that you don’t need to rack your brains.
It makes the process of creating a headline absolutely simple. All you need to do is enter a keyword and provide details about the desired outcome your audience may be looking for, a problem they face, your industry, and who your target audience is.
Once done, just click on “Generate Headline Ideas.”
This title generator will weave its magic and give you a list of headlines that can help you rank higher in search results and catch the attention of your audience.
- Title generator
- Free to use
Comparison of the Top 10 Content Writing Software Applications
While these content writing tools provide you with everything you need to create content that really shines and stands out from the crowd, let me compare the top 10 tools for their features and pricing to help you pick the right tool for your team.
Grammar, Spelling, Readability Check
Topic Ideas and Research
Analytics and Reporting
Free up to 500 words
Premium plans: Start from $13/month
Yes (20 in-depth reports)
Premium plans start from $12/month
Starts from $59/month
HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator
Free to use
3 cents per search for up to 200 words
Plus, an additional 1 cent per extra 100 words
Semrush’s Writing Assistant
Try free for 7 days
Paid plans start from $119.95/month
CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer
Free to use
Free plan up to 10 rewrites/day
Premium plans from $24.99/month
Free to use
Readability Test by WebFX
Free to use
Get the Best Tool for Content Writing
In this article, I introduced you to a variety of content writing tools, ranging from spell checkers to readability checkers and topics ideas generators. These tools can help you make the content creation process a smoother one.
You can improve the overall quality of your writing and self-edit your work to ensure there are no errors. Many tools allow you to optimize your headlines and body content for higher search rankings and better user engagement.
The key to success is to pick tools that help you save time and improve efficiency as well as content quality. So, pick wisely.
If you need help optimizing your content for user intent and search engines, consult me.
23 Useful Content Promotion Platforms and Tools
21 Awesome Ecommerce Content Marketing Examples for 2023
7 B2B Content Marketing Tactics You Need to Start Using Today
Short Form Vs. Long Form Content: Which is Better?
20 Best Content Writing Tools to Help You Become a Better Writer
11 Best Grammarly Alternatives That a Smart Writer Needs to Know
Very well explained!
Hey Rena, thank you so much. I’m so glad that my post on content writing tools was helpful to you.
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I certainly loved every bit of it.
Hi Shantel, thank you so much. I’m glad you loved reading my article about content writing tools.
Comments are closed.