Using the right hashtags can help you gain more reach and visibility online quickly. It’s a smart tactic to make the most out of your social media marketing strategy.
But using random hashtags isn’t going to fetch you any of these results. You need to use the hashtags that are frequently used by your target audience.
It is pointless to waste your time searching for hashtags in the IG app. You cannot copy and paste or see all the semantically related hashtag ideas.
On the contrary, a hashtag generator is what you need for professional and effective hashtag tracking.
That brings us to the question:
How do you choose the best hashtag tool for your business?
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).
Hashtag Research Tool: Which One Is the Best in 2021?
The best hashtag research tool for you will depend on the specifications that you require as well as the budget you have. In this section, let’s take a look at the most popular picks.
This hashtag finder is special because it allows you to enter several keywords that the system will analyze to include semantically close variants.
Also, you can find related hashtags suggested by Instagram (ones that often appear together in posts) and copy them in several clicks.
If you register on Ingramer, you can use multiple tools like Posting, Direct Desktop, User Search, and Profile Analyzer to take your marketing efforts to the next level.
- AI-based pickup: Find tags by uploading images or via a link to any post.
- Detailed hashtag analytics: Click on a hashtag to estimate the competition, view top, and recent posts, and see the number of daily uploads.
- Multilingual research: You can find many tag ideas for all of the locations you are targeting.
- Advanced search: This feature enables you to find hashtags containing a keyword not only at the beginning of a tag but in the middle and end. This helps you get more diverse results.
- Free hashtag trends for niches: Copy the most popular tags in many sections, like travel, Christmas, nature, etc.
Hashtag Generator Module:
- $14 per account for two weeks
- $22 per account for one month
- $42 per account for three months
- For pricing on other services and toolkits, check out Ingramer’s website.
- Advanced hashtag research with 5 keywords and language support to include many synonyms
- Copyable hashtag suggestions
- Up-to-date database
- Multiple tutorials
- 24/7 customer support
- Long time to scroll in the mobile version
Image via Ingramer
This is one of the rare hashtag research tools that work not just for Instagram hashtag marketing but also for TikTok. You can copy trending hashtags for campaigns across various social media networks.
Additionally, a new feature has become available with this hashtag tool – user analytics. If you buy the Premium mode, you can see in-depth data about public Instagram profiles.
- Targeted hashtag suggestions: The tool will show you relevant tags based on the analysis of your profile and of your competitors.
- Success tracking: Users can track and indicate posts with greater reach and save the thriving sets.
- Live stats: View the data about tags in real-time.
- Accounts tracking: Users can examine up to 5 profiles to get some inspiration.
- Hashtags for TikTok: See how many views and likes a particular hashtag can bring you.
- Regular Plan: $19.99 per week (now $7 weekly)
- Pro Plan: $25 per week
- Dedicated support
- Hashtags are integrated with monitoring and success reporting
- Integration of IG hashtags with TikTok hashtags for convenient cross-channel campaigns
- Some tags are not relevant to the search criteria.
Image via HashTagsForLikes
This service is a universal toolset for social media strategy. It has different tools for Instagram growth, one of which is a hashtag generator tool. The best part is that this tool is free.
- Preview: Check the top posts for a particular hashtag.
- Grouping lists: It's possible to add hashtags in a customized group so that you can save lists for different types of posts.
- Suggestions: The generator will select tags that will go well with the hashtag you indicated.
- Offers the ability to save drafts of tag lists
- It is free
- Doesn’t show volume next to a hashtag.
- You need to click on arrows to see all the hashtags. They don't appear on one screen together.
- No hashtags analytics for each hashtag.
Image via Kicksta
Hashtagify is an all-in-one tool for Twitter and Instagram hashtag marketing. Marketers can organize social media campaigns for both these channels using just a single tool.
- In-depth data for tags: You can see popular hashtags by locations and even misspelled hashtag versions related to your search.
- Monitoring: You can analyze influencers who use specific hashtags or get data about your own performance. You can also track new posts with Twitter hashtags.
- Exclusive tags suggestions: You can get hashtag suggestions based on your niche.
- Bookmarks: You can bookmark the best tags on Hashtagify to find them quickly.
- Plugin for browser: Keep tabs constantly on hashtags using Hashtagify’s plugins.
- Personal Plan: $29/month
- Business Plan: $86/month
- Enterprise Plan: $311/month
- Offers deep analytics.
- You can analyze hashtag performance.
- You can track social media trends.
- Hashtagify has fewer features for Instagram marketing compared to Twitter.
Image via Hashtagify
Tailwind is a toolset for IG and Pinterest curation. It includes scheduled posting, a bio service, a planner, and a hashtag finder.
You can quickly sign up with your Insta and try this service free of charge.
- Exclusive recommendations: You will get hashtags ideas for every new post.
- Post automatically: The hashtags you pick will be automatically posted as a comment.
- Make your own hashtag lists: You can keep the sets as hashtag lists and paste them quickly.
- Detailed analytics: Monitor the analytics and choose hashtags from various groups – niche, best, competitive, and other criteria.
- $9.99/month per account
- Offers a free trial
- Has an extension for Chrome
- Some hashtags may not be relevant
Image via Tailwind
Sistrix offers software solutions for content marketing, including free services like hashtag generation. On it, you can perform up to 25 inquiries daily without registration.
- You can see the popularity of each hashtag.
- Gives you a set of 30 copyable hashtags.
- Has an extensive database of 7.7 million hashtags
- User-friendly interface
- Doesn’t have advanced features for analytics.
Image via Sistrix
Display Purposes offers two modes for hashtag selections – manual and automated, and this makes it a perfect fit for newbies and pro marketers. On their site, they also have educational resources to help you polish your hashtag strategies and level up your overall performance.
- Search results based on multiple hashtags: You will get related ideas to all the hashtags you type in the search field.
- Has two modes: Auto mode will choose the hashtags for you, or you can pick them manually by checking the boxes.
- Check popularity: The tool shows the percentage of relevance and popularity which helps you narrow down the manual search.
- Deep stats for free: In their report, you can see hashtags with details about the top locations it was used in, the total number of posts, and more.
- Offers advanced analytics for free.
- You can estimate hashtag usage in various locations.
- You may find some irrelevant hashtags in the results.
Image via Display Purposes
TagsFinder allows you to discover fresh hashtags you type in as search criteria. What’s more, users can exclude particular words they want to avoid among the hashtag suggestions.
This tool also shows you the best suggestions in various countries. So if you work in a certain region, it can be a helpful tool to find hashtags popular in that area.
- Three options for hashtag results: You can choose if you want similar, related, or both hashtag ideas in your set. Similar will include your exact keyword.
- Easy option for copying hashtags: You can remove hashtags from it and copy them to the clipboard.
- Search hashtags by location: The tool has an option which makes it possible to choose a country and find local tags.
- Get hashtags stats by location: Pick a county on the map and go to the Statistics section to see which hashtags are hot in certain cities.
- Location-specific hashtags can help you gain more visibility locally
- Set a language for searching hashtags
- The tool is free
- Rich functionality
- Can’t see hashtag volume
- Some suggestions are irrelevant
Image via TagsFinder
Photerloo is primarily a service for selling images online across different channels. It also offers a free hashtag generator, which can help marketers boost organic impressions on Instagram. This tool uses machine learning algorithms to find the best hashtags for you.
- Photo-based hashtag suggestions: It will find the best hashtags according to your photo.
- Set the level of popularity: You can adjust with the slider how popular tags should be in the set.
- Exclude irrelevant keywords: You can exclude any keywords that don’t seem relevant to your search results.
- Free tool
- Does not show hashtag analytics
Image via Photerloo
Toolzu is an AI-based hashtag finder with a huge database. They have over 12 million hashtags that are frequently updated.
- Photo-based suggestions: This AI-based tool suggests hashtags automatically by just uploading your photo.
- Insert several words in the search bar: You can list up to 5 keywords or synonyms to get more targeted results.
- URL-based suggestions: The tool also generates hashtags based on any URL that you enter.
- Grouping of hashtags: All the hashtag versions are classified as Difficult, Medium, and Low so that users can understand the level of competition.
- Hashtag analytics: Each hashtag is supplied with stats like top posts, recent posts, difficulty, and others.
- Free trial
- Contact their sales team for further details
- Clean and easy-to-use interface
- Shadow-banned hashtags are automatically excluded
- Offers three different modes for getting hashtag suggestions
- You need to register on the platform to get access to advanced features.
Image via Toolzu
BigBangram aims to take the pain out of the process of hashtag research. All you need to do is enter a keyword on the platform. In a matter of seconds, you can see 30 hashtags that you can use for your post.
- Multiple ways to generate hashtags: You can find the best hashtags by entering keywords, URLs, or photos.
- Find related hashtags: The tool gives you a list of similar and organic hashtags related to your search.
- Analyze hashtag popularity: You can analyze the number of posts for each hashtag and analyze its popularity level.
- Real-time hashtag analytics
- Option to check trending hashtags
- Doesn’t show hashtags that can get you shadowbanned
- Can show limited results for some keywords
Image via BigBangram
Q1. How does a hashtag generator work?
A. A hashtag generator is a tool that has an online database of hashtags for social media. They may include hashtags for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
They detect hashtag ideas based on your search criteria (keywords) or based on what is depicted in a photo.
Once the search is complete, you can get a list of hashtags that you can use on Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms. Hashtag generators can help you boost your visibility while saving time on hashtag research.
Q2. How can I hide hashtags on Instagram?
A. You don't need to hide hashtags from your caption, but if you want a cleaner look, you can add spacing and dots to divide them from the primary copy. Also, you can publish hashtags as a comment. This way, you can still increase your reach.
Q3. How do I create a branded hashtag?
A. Any hashtag that is related to your brand, tagline, or a specific campaign can be called a branded hashtag.
Such hashtags can help you boost your brand awareness easily. Additionally, they can help you organize giveaways and contests more effectively.
Before using such a branded hashtag, make sure no one else uses it. After you’ve created it, mention it in your bio or highlight it to get maximum visibility.
Q4. How do you follow hashtags on Instagram?
A. Instagram allows users to follow any hashtag to see content related to it. For this, all you need to do is to tap on any hashtag that you see on the platform. Next, click on the “Follow” option.
It's a good idea to keep an eye on the hashtags that your target audience follows. Through this, you can find keyword ideas for further research.
Q5. Do hashtags work in the comments section?
A. Yes, you can use up to 30 hashtags in post captions and comments. With the latter option, Instagram may not show the reach you get via hashtags. If you want this data in the Insights, you should include hashtags in the caption.
Q6. Do hashtags work in Stories?
A. Yes, you can add hashtags in Instagram Stories. Here are the steps you should follow to add them in Stories:
- Tap the Sticker icon while publishing your Instagram Story.
- Choose the hashtag Sticker.
- Type the hashtag that you want to add.
- Resize, move, or rotate the hashtag as you want.
Alternatively, you can also add hashtags as simple text in your Instagram Stories. For this, you can add the hashtag after tapping on the text icon on the screen.
Q7. What happens to Instagram pictures when you hashtag later?
A. When you add hashtags later to a photo after it was already posted, Instagram doesn’t seem to respond to the change. Your photo will appear on the results page according to the hashtags that you had posted originally.
While choosing the best hashtag research tool for your business, you need to figure out what your promotion goals are.
If you run a business, focus on all-in-one toolkits that also include an advanced hashtag searcher. On the other hand, if you only need hashtags for personal usage, you can choose a free tool for beginners based on image scanning.
In either case, don't delay using hashtags in your marketing strategy. It can take your Instagram marketing strategy to the next level.
Do you have any questions related to picking the right hashtag research tools? Please feel free to ask them in the comments section.
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).