Networking on Instagram is all about sharing your profile link. Creators and users constantly share photos and videos, interact with friends and followers, and promote their brand or business.
To share someone's profile or to direct others to your own profile, you need to have the correct link. But how to copy an Instagram profile link?
In this easy step-by-step guide, we will show you how to do just that. Whether you are using the Instagram app or the website, we will walk you through the process of finding and copying an Instagram profile link in a matter of seconds.
Where Can I Find My Instagram Link and Copy it?
Until recently, it was a little tricky to find your Instagram profile link and copy it. The latest app update has made things easier for Instagrammers.
Here’s how you can find your Instagram profile link and copy it:
1. Open your Instagram account.
2. Tap the profile picture icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
3. Tap Share Profile
4. Next, tap Copy Link
Once you have copied the link, you can share it on WhatsApp, YouTube, Instagram DM, or any other social networking platform in a jiffy.
How to Find Instagram URL with the Help of Your Username
You can also find or create your Instagram URL with the help of your username.
Every Instagram profile has a unique username that defines the profile address or URL.
For example, my Instagram username is shanebarker.
An Instagram profile link or URL consists of three parts, in the following sequence:
- The website address, i.e., www.instagram.com
- A slash symbol (/)
Keeping this in mind, my Instagram profile link is www.instagram.com/shanebarker.
So, if you know your username, you can type your Instagram profile link manually to share it with others.
If you’re not sure what your username is, follow the steps below to find it on your phone.
Find Instagram Username on Your Profile:
Here are the steps to find your username on your Instagram profile:
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile Picture icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- You can see your username in the top left corner.
- Now, add your username to www.instagram.com/. This is your profile link.
For example, in the above image, the username is aticutebymp. So, the profile link will be www.instagram.com/aticutebymp.
You can find your profile link the same way and copy it.
Find Instagram Username from the Edit Profile Tab:
You can also find your username by tapping the Edit Profile tab on your account.
Copy the username and add it to www.instagram.com/ to get your profile link.
Yes, it’s that simple!
How To Get Instagram Account Link on the Desktop
If you are using Instagram on your desktop, you can follow the steps below to find your profile URL:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on your Profile Picture to go to your Instagram profile page.
- The URL in the address bar is your Instagram account link.
Now that you know how to copy Instagram profile link from app and desktop, you can share it on different social networking platforms and grow your Instagram account.
Quick Info: Your Instagram username is unique to your profile and no other Instagrammer can have the same username as yours. A new user can take your username only if you choose to delete your Instagram account.
How to Find Instagram URL of Another User on Your Mobile and Copy it
Instagram also allows you to copy the profile of another user and share it with others. Let’s see how it works:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Go to the Instagram profile of the user whose URL you want to share.
- You will see a three-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen. Tap the icon and a menu will open.
- Click on Copy Profile URL to copy the profile link.
- You can paste the copied URL anywhere and share it.
For example, if you want to share Huffpost’s profile link with a friend, go to Huffpost’s Instagram page, copy the profile URL, and then send a DM on Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, or any other social media site.
How to Get an Instagram Account Link from Desktop
Let’s take a look at how can share the link to anyone’s account from desktop.
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to the profile of the user whose link you want to share.
- You will see the profile link in the search bar of your browser. Select the link and copy (Ctrl + C) it. It’s ready to share now. .
How To Find Your Instagram URL on iPhone
Finding your Instagram profile URL on iPhone is the same as finding it on an Android device.
Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Open your Instagram account on iPhone.
- Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
- Check your username above your profile picture on the top left corner of the screen.
- Note down your username and add it to here: “https://ww.instagram.com/[Add username]/”
For example, my username on Instagram is @shanebarker. So my profile URL will be “https://www.instagram.com/shanebarker/”
This is how you can get an Instagram account link on an iPhone.
How To Share an Instagram Link
Now that you know how to create or copy your Instagram profile link, let me show you how to send Instagram profile link(s) within Instagram and on other social media sites.
How to Share an Instagram Profile Link in DM
There are two ways to send Instagram profile link in DM.
Method 1: Copy and Paste Instagram Profile Link
First, follow the steps above to find your or someone else’s Instagram profile link. Once you get the link, do the following:
- Copy the profile link.
- Go to Instagram messages and click on the username you want to send the profile link to. This will open their chat window.
- Paste the profile link in the “Message” field and click send.
Method 2: Share the Instagram Profile QR Code
Instagram has rolled out a feature that can help you generate a unique QR code for your profile.
So, instead of finding your profile link and sharing it with others, you can share this QR code with anyone.
Here’s how you can find the QR code of your Instagram profile:
Find the QR Code of Your Instagram Profile on Your Smartphone
1. Open your Instagram account and tap on the profile picture icon to go to your profile page.
2. Next, tap Share Profile and you will see the QR Code of your profile.
3. Tap the Share Profile option under the QR code and share it.
4. The receiver can scan the QR code using the QR Code Scanner app on their phone and visit your Instagram profile.
A Quick Tip
You can also take a screenshot of your QR code and share it with others.
How to Find Instagram Profile QR Code On Desktop:
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to your Profile Page.
- Click on the Gear icon next to the Edit Profile tab and a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Click on the QR Code tab.
- Your profile QR Code will appear on the screen with the Download tab on the right-hand side.
- Download the QR Code to share it.
Method 3: Use the Share Profile Option
If you want to send an Instagram profile link to one or more people on Instagram, you can quickly use the share profile option.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Instagram profile you want to share.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen and a menu will open.
- Tap on Share this profile and you will see the names of the people you recently contacted on Instagram.
- There is a Send icon on the right, next to each name.
- Select the person/people to whom you want to send the profile link. You can also use the search bar at the top for a quick search.
- Finally, click on the Send tab next to their name.
A Quick Tip:
You can choose multiple people at the same time and share an Instagram profile link effortlessly.
How to Share an Instagram Link on Stories
Sharing a profile link in Instagram Stories is a great way to boost organic engagement and conversions.
You can use this feature to promote your business account or someone else on this social networking platform.
There are two ways to share a profile on Instagram Stories:
Method 1: Share an Instagram Profile on Stories Using the Share Profile Option
1. Go to the profile you want to share on your Instagram Story and tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. A menu will open. Tap on the last option: Share this profile.
3. Next, tap Add profile to your Story to add the profile you want to share.
4. Tap Aa Create on the left side of the screen to create a new Story.
5. Next, tap Aa at the end of the screen and customize the Story with stickers and effects (optional).
6. Lastly, share it with your followers or close friends.
Method 2: Copy the Link and Share it on Instagram Stories
1. Go to the profile you want to share and tap the three dots in the top right corner.
2. Next, tap Copy profile URL.
3. Come back to your Instagram page and click on the + (Add) icon on the top right side to create a new Story.
4. Next, select Story from the row of tabs at the end of the screen and then tap on the Create tab.
5. This will open a new window with the Tap to type option.
6. Click on the Stickers tab at the top and then on LINK.
7. Paste the copied Instagram link in the URL section.
8. You can also add sticker text by tapping the Customize Sticker Text below. This is the text that will appear on the Sticker instead of the URL. When viewers tap on this sticker text, they will be directed to the URL you have shared.
9. Tap Done in the top right corner, customize the Story and Publish it.
A Quick Tip
You can also create a new Instagram Story by tapping on the + Your Story tab in the top left corner of the page.
How to Share an Instagram Link on WhatsApp
You can quickly share an Instagram profile link on WhatsApp by following these steps:
1. Follow the steps mentioned earlier to copy the profile link of another user.
2. Next, go to WhatsApp and open the chat thread of the person you want to share the link with.
3. Paste the link in the Message section or typing area below and tap on the Send icon.
You can also share an Instagram profile link on your WhatsApp Status. Here are the steps:
- Find and copy the link you want to share and then go to WhatsApp.
- Tap on the Status option at the top of the screen and then on the Pen icon at the bottom right corner on an Android phone. If you use an iPhone, the Pen icon will appear next to My Status.
- You will then see a window where you can Type a status.
- Paste the copied link there. You can select the font style, background color, emojis, and GIFs there to customize your WhatsApp Status.
- Finally, tap on the Send icon to publish it.
This is how you can share an Instagram link on WhatsApp, Instagram Stories, and DM. Profile link sharing is a great way to spread the word about your business account on different social networking platforms.
Apart from sharing links, you can also download and share photos on Instagram using Instagram Photo Downloader Tools. These tools help you download, edit, and share Instagram photos.
The Instagram Reels Downloader is yet another popular feature on Instagram. You can download Reels to watch them offline and share them on different social media sites.
Are You Excited To Use the Link-Sharing Feature on Instagram?
Now that you know how to copy Instagram profile links, you can use this feature and share any Instagram profile in no time.
All you need to do is find the profile link and share it on Instagram or any other social networking platform. If you know the username, you can type the link manually to share it (For example, www.instagram.com/aticutebymp).
Instagram profile link sharing is a great way to promote your Instagram business page and generate new leads. You can also use this feature to promote someone else on this social networking platform.
So, are you excited to try the profile link-sharing feature on Instagram? It’s simple and worth using!
If you have any questions about Instagram profile link sharing, let me know in the comments below.