You may have heard of influencer marketing, and the value influencers bring to your business. But have you heard of micro-influencers? These influencers may not have massive followings like other influencers, who have millions of followers. But they have the ability to generate higher levels of engagement with a relevant audience, which could give you more value for your money.
How Can You Benefit from Micro-Influencers?
There are several ways you can benefit from working with micro-influencers:
- Relevance – A micro-influencer has a reputation for being an expert in a specific niche. So their follower base is also highly specific, comprised of people who are interested in that niche. When you work with a micro-influencer, you will be able to get your message across to a highly relevant audience.
- Cost-effectiveness – The cost of hiring micro-influencers isn’t as high as the cost of working with mega-influencers. A micro-influencer on Instagram might charge around $75-$250 for one post, while you might have to spend as much as $500-$1,000 per post with top-tier influencers. And since you’ll be able to reach a highly relevant audience, it means you’ll be getting more, while paying less.
- Trustworthiness – According to an Experticity study, 82% of consumers are highly likely to make a purchase decision based on a micro-influencer's recommendation. This suggests that consumers trust the recommendations made by these influencers, whom they consider to be experts in their respective niches.
- Better engagement – Micro-influencers tend to have a higher engagement rate compared to mega-influencers. Markerly conducted a study of 800,000+ Instagram users and found that the more followers an influencer has, the lower their engagement rate. So if your goal is to drive more engagement, your best bet is to work with micro-influencers.
What are the Best Ways to Work with Micro-Influencers?
For your campaign to be successful, you need to apply some of the best practices for working with micro-influencers. Although there are many steps involved in an influencer marketing campaign, these best practices should be able to give you a better idea how to go about your planning:
- Your first focus when looking for potential influencers should be on relevance.
- Instead of looking for influencers with massive reach, look for influencers with high levels of engagement.
- Try to look for micro-influencers who have similar values as your brand.
In addition to these three tips, there are several more ways to work with micro-influencers. If you’re interested in learning more, be sure to check out the micro-influencers guide gifographic prepared just for you.
If you still have any questions to ask or need help with your influencer marketing, I am here to help. Got any questions or any experiences to share? Feel free to leave a comment below.