According to Smart Insights Global Social Media Research, with over 1,870 million users, Facebook leads in the total number of active users worldwide. But every social media platform is responsible for gathering like-minded audiences together.
For example, brands are using referral marketing techniques to promote their product on YouTube by connecting with YouTube influencers that can bring them their target audience. Similarly, Instagram is helping brands to promote their products directly through influencers.
With the increasing number of users of all the social platforms, it is necessary for the developers to keep coming up with updates in order to maintain security and interest of their users.
Some of the recent updates on social media platforms were commendable. Whether it was the increase in maximum number of characters of tweets from 140 to 280, or Facebook's recent security update to minimize harassment.
Here I have come up with a list of recent social media updates that you'll need to know for successful marketing this year.
21 Social Media Updates You Need to Know
- Facebook Launches New Tool To Minimize Harassment by Jane Danes
- New Twitter Rules Against Hate Speech Take Effect by John Beckett
- How to Use Instagram Stories Highlights and Story Archive by Guiding Tech
- YouTube unveils new measures to tackle abuse of platform by saferinternet
- LinkedIn opens video uploads to all as part of a bigger video push by Ingrid Lunden
- RIP, Facebook News Feed for Publishers by Larry Kim
- YouTube exploring a ‘new approach to advertising’ in wake of disturbing content by Julia Alexander
- LinkedIn Introduces a New Update to Sales Navigator by Kevin O'Nell
- Facebook introduces new features for groups to help build communities by CIOL Writers
- Twitter Doubles Character Limit to 280, Says Longer Tweets Drive More Engagement by Matt Southern
- Instagram testing GIF search for Stories by Nick Statt
- Facebook makes it easier for advertisers to reach people internationally by Tim Peterson
- YouTube is launching its own take on Stories with a new video format called ‘Reels’ by Sarah Perez
- Facebook’s Ticker Is Finally Gone for Good by David Cohen
- Instagram Update: Now You Can Follow Instagram Hashtags by Abbas Alidina
- Snapchat Rolls Out Conversion Tracking Snap Pixel by Steven Kunevich
- Facebook Expanding AR Studio, Instagram Hashtag Following and WhatsApp Updates by Grace Duffy
- Twitter adds updates about interesting links, trends by Sarah Perez
- Facebook launches new tools for video creators by Yourstory IANS
- How to Use Facebook Domain Verification After December 2017 by Michael Kamleitner
- Twitter’s latest white nationalist purge is predictably unpredictable by Bryan Clark
Have you learned any other useful social media updates recently? If you’ve come across any more insightful articles about recent update on any social media platform, please feel free to share them below.