Last Updated On:
Social media contests and giveaways are a tried-and-tested way to get people’s attention and increase your reach. However, not all such contests are equally successful.
So, what makes some contests go viral while others fail?
Well, there can be multiple reasons, but two common ones are not designing an engaging campaign and not providing the right incentives.
How can you avoid these issues, you ask?
Well, you can use a specialized tool like VYPER to design and run viral contests and giveaways on social media.
Check out how it works in 72 seconds!
VYPER: Detailed Review
VYPER is a tool for creating and running viral social media contests and giveaways. It is also useful in creating rewards and referral programs for loyal customers.
It is a great tool for any marketer who wants a quick way to launch such campaigns without any hassle. It lets you create customized social media contests and promotions in less than a day.
Want to know more about its features? Let’s find out.
The most prominent feature of this tool is its power visual designer interface that allows you to design your promotional content. From color and font to the actual content, you can customize all aspects of your campaign using this.
You can also choose to use a pre-designed template and make changes to it using this tool.
The tool comes with pre-designed templates for different types of campaigns (more details on that later). So, you don’t need to spend too much time designing your campaign or content. You can simply fill in the details specific to your brand and campaign and you’re good to go.
Want to know the best part?
They cover all aspects of your promotional campaign and the social media content templates for each. From a template for launching the contest or promotion to a winner announcement template, they provide it all.
So, you can simply use their templates for all the different social media content that you need to post for the duration of your promotion.
Want to know more? Don’t worry, there’s a lot more that this tool offers.
VYPER provides several integration options that can combine your social campaign with your email marketing. This means that you can also send email alerts and notifications to users about your contests and promotions.
Here are the email marketing platforms that VYPER can integrate with, which includes all major platforms that marketers use:
Overall, it is a great tool for running promotional social media campaigns and loyalty programs. And, it can be used by a startup and an enterprise alike.
Still not convinced?
Let’s take a consolidated look at all its key features, along with the pros and cons of using VYPER:
- Has a visual designer to create engaging social media campaigns
- Provides pre-designed templates for your campaigns
- Templates come equipped with bonus actions that allow users to perform certain actions (share, follow, tag, etc.) to collect points
- Completely customizable campaigns with flexibility to change all design elements
- Cheating detection feature to identify people who are trying to cheat to win your contests
- Allows you to ban specific IP addresses
- Mobile-responsive designs
- 3 different display modes including a website widget, embedded forms, and landing pages
- Comes equipped with an in-depth referral analytics tool
- Automated emails
- Automated prize delivery
- Multiple prize types (placement, random winner, milestones, tiers and redemptions)
- Optional leaderboard
- Helps you start loyalty programs from scratch
- Integrates with all major email marketing platforms
- Allows you to add Google Analytics and Facebook pixel code to track users
- Has a social proof feature that shows users how many others have signed up
- Their visual designer helps you to create campaigns faster
- Templates help with campaign design that saves time and improves engagement
- Integrates social media with email marketing by sending automated emails for your contests and campaigns
- Can be used by brands, agencies, and influencers alike
- Niche platform for creating giveaways and contests; does not cover other aspects of social media marketing
You can try the tool for free initially (250 participants a month) but will need to upgrade to a paid version later once you start getting results. The pricing plans are designed keeping different levels of usage in mind.
If you have a small business and are only looking to generate up to 10k leads per month, then you can go with the PRO plan. This is priced at $49 per month. One additional feature that it provides over the free plan is that it allows you to build and grow your email lists as well.
The next plan is the ENTERPRISE plan that is suitable for larger businesses. It allows you to generate up to 30k leads per month. It has all the features of the PRO plan with the additional benefit of white label services. You can remove all branding of VYPER, use subdomains and create a completely customized campaign with your own branding. This costs $149 per month.
The largest plan is available for $299 per month and is designed for marketing agencies. Agencies have much larger needs as they handle multiple clients, and this plan is designed specifically to meet their needs.
It lets you generate up to 120k leads per month and create up to 10 accounts for different clients. This means that you can use this tool for ten clients and help them run social media contests from one platform.
Image via VYPER
Types of Campaigns You Can Create Using VYPER
Now that you know how useful this tool is, let’s explore a bit more about its use cases and what you can do with it.
Here are the different types of campaigns that you can run using VYPER:
Create a social media giveaway to generate leads and improve your follower count. This usually involves inviting participants to like, follow, and comment on your post for a chance to win a reward. You can go one step further and ask them to tag their friends for extra brownie points.
Contests and giveaways like these usually get high engagement rates and result in increasing your brand reach.
This kind of social media campaign aims to collect user-generated content (UGC) from your customers and followers.
It usually involves some kind of incentive for people to create UGC for your brand. This incentive could be an actual reward or simply a chance to be featured on your page or to get a shoutout from you.
Combo Reward/Referral Program
As the name suggests, this combines rewards and referral programs into one. This means that you reward your customers for buying from your brand as well as referring it to their friends.
A referral program aims to turn your existing customers into brand ambassadors. Using such programs, you incentivize your customers to promote your brand and refer it to their friends.
This is your typical rewards program where you reward people for buying from your brand. They collect points with each purchase and can redeem those points later for rewards. These rewards could be anything from actual products to discount coupons to invites for events.
This is the perfect campaign to run if you are about to launch a new product or app. You can create buzz about your launch and get people to join the waitlist even before the actual launch.
This is especially a good way to get more app downloads during the testing phase of an app, before it is officially launched.
This is another kind of rewards program that aims not just to encourage purchases but also other forms of engagement with your brand.
You give points to people for performing certain actions like following you on social media or making a purchase. These points accumulate over time and can be redeemed for rewards. You can set milestones so that the rewards increase as a user crosses each milestone.
The gamification of a rewards program like this encourages users to engage with your brand more and earn more points to reach the next level. You can think of this as a rewards program on steroids.
This is another example of the gamification of a rewards program. However, instead of encouraging people to reach the next milestone you ask them to compete with each other by creating a leaderboard.
Users who climb up the leaderboard will get better rewards than those at the bottom. This creates a sense of competition among your program members encouraging them to do more.
You can take a look at some example campaigns here.
How Can You Create and Run a Contest Using VYPER?
Now you know more about VYPER and its use cases and might even be interested in using it.
Next comes the part where we look at the practical aspect of it and learn how to actually use it to design and run a campaign.
For this purpose, we will use the example of social media contests and how you can run one using VYPER.
Here’s the step-by-step process:
- Create your free account and log into your account.
- Click on the option to create a new campaign.
- Choose the type of campaign and the template for it from the list provided (viral contest/giveaway, in this case).
- An editable template will open containing different sections.
- Fill in the campaign details and customize the messaging for your campaign.
- Click anywhere to open the visual editor, as shown in the image below.
- Use this to customize the color, font, and other design aspects of the template.
- Once you are done customizing the sign-up template, move on to the “thank you” tab.
- There, you can add or delete bonus actions.
- Bonus actions are the actions that you want participants to take to get higher chances of winning.
- These could include tagging friends, liking your post, following your account, etc.
- You can also add or edit the rewards for your contest or giveaway and add relevant details here.
- Once you are done customizing the options on this tab, move on to the “settings” tab.
- There, you can modify your overall campaign settings.
- This includes selecting the email integration options, cheater security, and email settings, etc.
- You can also add tracking codes or pixels from there.
- It also has advanced features like add social proof and favicon.
- Once you have modified all the settings, you can save and launch the campaign.
- The launch tab will provide you with a checklist of things that you need to do before launching the campaign.
- Mark these complete one by one and select the campaign promotion options.
- Once you’re done, you’re ready to go.
If you are more of a visual learner, take a look at these video walkthroughs that show you exactly how to use the tool.
Video Tutorial – How to set up a viral giveaway or contest
Video tutorial – How to set up a referral or loyalty program
Ready to Try it Yet?
Now that you have learned all about VYPER, it’s time to actually start using it for your social media campaigns. It is competitively priced, easy-to-use, and an extremely effective way to boost your social media promotions.
So, what are you waiting for? Try it now.
You can also take a look at past demos and free training on their YouTube channel. It covers everything from email marketing to Facebook ads.