Last Updated On:
Is your business looking for apps for video conferencing?
Amid the coronavirus lockdown, all businesses, small and large, are leveraging web conferencing tools to stay connected. While Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing software solutions, it’s popularity seems to be dwindling.
Reports about hackers hijacking professional meetings (aka “Zoombombing”) raised serious privacy and security concerns.
Several Zoom users complained that their meetings were disrupted by uninvited attendees who showcased offensive and objectionable images and videos.
Sounds strange, right?
After the company came under fire, Zoom’s CEO Eric Yuan issued an apology. Even the FBI has released a warning regarding such hijacking cases related to Zoom web conferences.
With the growing concerns, Zoom has now added new security features to their platform. But if you’re still looking for a more secure Zoom alternative, it’s totally understandable.
A lot of marketers are faced with this question:
Which is the best Zoom alternative?
There are tons of options available but not all of them are worth your money.
Not sure which app to choose?
Let me help you out.
Remote Work Edition: 9 Best Zoom Alternatives For Video Conferencing
Before we look at some of the best Zoom alternatives out there, let me add a disclaimer for you. I’ve listed all the apps video platforms specifically keeping in mind professional and e-learning purposes.
If you are expecting FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, or Houseparty on the list, you’re in for a disappointment. Of course, they make everyone’s lives quite easy. But they don’t provide features that remote teams need to collaborate effectively.
With Zoom, you can easily schedule your meetings and even share your screen with your coworkers. But none of the tools designed for personal use incorporate these features.
Now that we’ve got that cleared up, let’s move on to discussing Zoom alternatives that you can use for professional purposes.
On this list, I’ve reviewed the main features and compared the pricing of the tools to help you find the best Zoom alternatives.
Ready to go?
Zoom Alternative #1: Livestorm
Whether you’re looking to schedule an online meeting or want to host a webinar, Livestorm has a software solution to cater to your needs. The best part is that users can get access to online meetings even if they haven’t installed the app. From startups to enterprises, it’s a good fit for all kinds of businesses.
- Automate your webinars with predefined workflows
- Make live webinars interactive with chat, questions, and polls
- Create webinar registration pages and automated emails within Livestorm
- Record video meetings and webinars easily
- Seamless integration with over 1500 apps
- Webinar and Meet Basic Plan: Free
- Webinar Premium Plan: $109 per host per month
- Meet Premium Plan: $39 per host per month
Free demo available here.
Zoom Alternative #2: Zoho
Zoho comes with a suite of products, including a top-class online meeting software solution. In addition to this, they also have an easy-to-use Zoom alternative for hosting webinars. Keeping in mind the varying needs of businesses of different sizes, they offer multiple plans for their software program.
- Get RSVPs for your meetings
- Embed an online meeting link on your website
- Schedule email reminders for meetings
- Lock meetings for increased privacy
- Multiple integrations
- Moderate webinar attendees and record sessions easily
- Let attendees ask questions with the “Raise Hand” feature in webinars
- Meeting Plan: 8 € or $8.63 per host per month
- Webinar 25 Plan: 15 € or $16.19 per host per month
- Webinar 50 Plan: 23 € or $24.82 per host per month
- Webinar 100 Plan: 31 € or $33.46 per host per month
- Webinar 250 Plan: 63 € or $67.99 per host per month
Free sign up available. For a limited time, they also have a Free Plan on offer.
Zoom Alternative #3: GoToMeeting
This video conferencing tool is designed to make remote working a hassle-free experience. Even if you don’t have an ID on their platform, you can attend meetings that are hosted on the platform. It’s accessible to everyone.
- Supports mobile conferencing
- Easy screen sharing
- Built-in drawing tools for better collaboration
- Record meetings in real-time
- Switch between presenters easily
- Integrations with multiple apps
- Professional Plan: $12 per organizer per month
- Business Plan: $16 per organizer per month
- Enterprise Plan: Contact their sales team
14-day free trial available.
Zoom Alternative #4: Hangouts Meet
This Zoom alternative is similar to Google Hangouts, but it’s features are designed keeping in mind the needs of the professional world. This tool, which comes as a part of G Suite and G Suite for Education, can support a maximum of 250 participants and up to 100,000 viewers for live streams.
- Join meetings directly via an email invite or a digital Calendar event
- Native apps for Android and iOS users
- Allows a dial-in from a phone
- Secured meetings
- Smart screen sharing
- Basic Plan: £4.14 or $5.19 per user per month
- Business Plan: £8.28 or $10.38 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: £20 or $25.06 per user per month
Free trial available.
Zoom Alternative #5: BlueJeans
BlueJeans is a cut above the other video conferencing Zoom alternatives because it brings business intelligence to the forefront. It is a tool that makes it easy to schedule and manage your online meetings and live streaming events.
- Automated transcription
- Host livestream events
- Dynamic meeting summaries
- Real-time alerts along with live meeting control options
- Automated ROI analytics
- Get in-meeting analytics
- Seamless integration with multiple apps
- BlueJeans Standard: $9.99 per host per month
- BlueJeans Pro: $13.99 per host per month
- BlueJeans Enterprise: Contact their sales representatives
Free trial available.
Zoom Alternative #6: WebinarNinja
If you are looking for a webinar-focused Zoom alternative, WebinarNinja should be your go-to tool. This all-in-one webinar software program can help you run different types of webinars, including live webinars as well as pre-recorded ones.
Using this Zoom alternative, you can host multiple sessions simultaneously. It comes with a set of comprehensive marketing tools to help you grow your business.
- Run polls and Q&A sessions
- Display multiple offers in webinars
- On-demand webinars
- Set up drip campaigns
- Get webinar insights
- Built-in webinar marketing feature
- Starter Plan: $49 per month
- Pro Plan: $95 per month
- Plus Plan: $159 per month
- Power Plan: $249 per month
14-day free trial available.
Zoom Alternative #7: Newrow
Newrow has a clear mission — They want to help educational institutions and corporations distribute knowledge easily and in a personalized manner.
From creating online courses and virtual classrooms to managing webinars, this Zoom alternative is great for educators and professionals alike.
- Digital whiteboard with collaborative features
- Cloud recordings for virtual classes and webinars
- Screen sharing
- Broadcast notes for session participants
- Create online tests and multimedia quizzes
- Upload and share files with secure cloud storage
- Meeting 15 Plan: $32 per month
- Meeting 25 Plan: $51 per month
- Custom Plan: As per your requirements
- (Extra) Recording Plan: $20 per month
Free trial and signup available.
Zoom Alternative #8: Cisco Webex
Cisco Webex has been recognized as a leader in the video conferencing space by Forrester and IDC. What makes it stand apart from the other Zoom alternatives is that it has an extremely intuitive interface that makes it provides a smooth user experience. What’s more, this tool leverages the latest technologies to bring in innovation.
- Interactive sessions with chat, screen sharing, polling, and Q&A
- Screen and file-sharing options
- Add quick sketches
- Get hands-free help via Webex Assistant
- Face detection and noise cancellation
- Real-time analytics
- Instant AI-powered transcripts
Contact their sales teams for details on pricing plans.
Free sign up available.
Zoom Alternative #9: LiveWebinar
If you’re looking for an alternative that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, you can try LiveWebinar. It offers all of the advanced functionalities that other webinar software solutions have to offer. With their easy integration features, you can also embed this tool directly on your site.
- Drive participation with chat, polls, and prominent calls-to-action
- Arrange surveys, events, and forms into automated events
- Send invitations via text and emails
- Add branding and customization for your LiveWebinar sessions
- Provide integrations with multiple marketing tools
- Easy recording options along with storage space
- Free Plan: $0 per month!
- Pro Plan: $11.99 per month
- Business Plan: $95.20 per month
- Custom Plan: Contact their sales representatives
Ready to Pick a Zoom Alternative?
There’s no doubt that Zoom is easy-to-use and makes it easy to collaborate with a remote team. But if the recent controversies related to Zoombombing are leaving you anxious, there are multiple Zoom alternatives that you can choose from.
Not only do they match Zoom’s advanced features, but some of them also provide a sweeter deal. I hope the list of Zoom alternatives above helps you find a solution that is well-suited to your business’ needs.
Did I miss any Zoom alternatives that are worth covering on this list? Please mention them in the comments section.
Also, feel free to reach out to me if you need help with your content and SEO strategies.