When it comes to business intelligence tools, ZoomInfo is one of the most popular solutions. It offers a comprehensive database of professionals and businesses, which can be used for lead generation, market research, and more.
But is ZoomInfo worth the price?
In this article, I’ll give you a walk-through of what ZoomInfo is, how ZoomInfo pricing plans differ, and the pros and cons of using it. I'll also compare it to some of its alternatives to help you decide if it's the right solution for your business.
Table of Contents
ZoomInfo is a sales intelligence tool with a comprehensive contact database to help your team with lead generation, market research, and insight-driven engagement. It provides accurate B2B intelligence and company contact data to fuel your go-to-market strategy.
You can get access to the direct cell phone numbers and verified email addresses of top professionals and key contacts of companies such as the Chief Strategy Officer or a Senior Sales Executive. You can also create targeted prospect lists for better sales prospecting and greater conversions.
With ZoomInfo’s data-driven insights, you’ll be able to deliver the right message at the right time to the perfect prospect. This will help you increase conversions and get a higher return on your investment (ROI) of time and money, which is why it makes perfect financial sense to choose ZoomInfo.
What Factors Influence ZoomInfo Pricing?
ZoomInfo offers multiple pricing plans based entirely on the solutions your business requires. The pricing options differ depending on:
- The features and functionality
- The number of licenses
- The number of credits
With basic credits, you can get information about traditional demographics and firmographics.
For advanced information such as technographic, department budgets, organization charts, and real-time data on company events like product launches, funding rounds, and partnerships, you’ll need more credits.
Obviously, the pricing will increase as you add more credits to your profile.
What are the other factors that determine ZoomInfo pricing?
Well, there are quite a few of them, including:
Add-On Solutions to the ZoomInfo Platform
For example, the platform offers a Streaming Intent add-on solution, which is useful if you want to get real-time insights into when companies are searching for your products and services.
Other key add-on solutions include Global Data Passport for business expansion, Engage for automated email and cold calling outreach, Website Chat to help you identify your best website visitors, and Data-as-a-Service for more insightful data.
The cost of most add-on solutions is just like ZoomInfo’s credit pricing model, which means that you need to pay for credits based on expected usage. If your actual usage exceeds anticipated use, you can purchase additional credits anytime.
Integrations with the ZoomInfo Platform
ZoomInfo integrates with many sales and marketing platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, and other automation tools.
These integrations come with a basic usage and installation cost and require a minimum purchase of bulk credits for immediate use. If your usage exceeds initial expectations, you can buy additional credits to keep using the integrated solution.
To get a customized ZoomInfo pricing quote based on your company’s credits and solutions requirements, get in touch with their sales team directly.
ZoomInfo Pricing Plans and Inclusions
There are three ZoomInfo pricing plans: Professional, Advanced, and Elite. All three plans include access to ZoomInfo's core features, which include:
- Comprehensive search options to help you quickly find information about professionals and companies by searching for keywords or company/contact names.
- Direct phone numbers and email addresses of professionals and key contacts of various companies.
- Tailored prospect lists and email alerts to ensure that you get notified when new information is added to ZoomInfo that matches your search criteria.
- Detailed profiles of professionals that include their job title, company, and contact information.
- Export data in a variety of formats including Excel, PDF, and CSV.
- View detailed company information such as its revenue, employees, and website when searching for company profiles.
With ZoomInfo’s Advanced and Elite pricing plans, you also get access to features like:
- Location and corporate hierarchy data in organizations
- Department organization charts
- Mobile phone numbers and personal email addresses
With ZoomInfo’s highest-priced plan, called “Elite,” you also get access to features like:
- Purchasing intent data
- Company attributes
- Dynamic data-driven workflows
ZoomInfo: Key Features
Now that I've covered ZoomInfo's pricing plans and inclusions, let's take a look at some of its key features.
- Comprehensive database: With over 500 million businesses and professionals in its database, ZoomInfo is one of the largest sales intelligence tools on the market. This makes it an ideal solution for lead generation and market research.
- Verified emails: ZoomInfo verifies the email addresses of its contacts so you can be sure that you're reaching real people.
- Detailed company profiles: In addition to contact information, company profiles include data such as revenue, employees, and website. This information can be used for market research and insight-driven engagement.
- Search by keyword or name: ZoomInfo's search functionality lets you find information about businesses and top professionals by searching for keywords or company/contact names.
- Email alerts: You can set up email alerts to be notified when new information is added to ZoomInfo that matches your search criteria. This ensures that you're always up-to-date on the latest leads and sales opportunities.
- Export data in multiple formats: ZoomInfo lets you export data in a variety of formats including Excel, PDF, and CSV. This makes it easy to use the data for further analysis or incorporation into your marketing efforts.
- Location and corporate hierarchy data: With ZoomInfo's Advanced and Elite pricing plans, you can access location and corporate hierarchy data in an organization for extensive research of the market.
- Department organization charts: With ZoomInfo's highest-priced plan, “Elite,” you get access to department organization charts. This data can help you understand the organizational structure of companies and identify potential leads for your business.
- Buyer intent data: With ZoomInfo's Elite pricing plan, you get access to purchasing intent data that helps you understand customer needs. Fulfilling your customer’s requirements can then help you optimize your marketing campaigns to increase sales revenue.
In all, ZoomInfo is a comprehensive sales intelligence tool that can help you generate leads, research markets, and understand customer needs. Review websites like Capterra rate ZoomInfo 4.3 with 162 ZoomInfo reviews, which adds to its credibility.
Its key features include a comprehensive database, verified emails, cell phone numbers, detailed company profiles, keyword or name search options, email alerts, the option to export data in multiple formats, and more.
- Comprehensive contact and company database collected from multiple sources
- Good data quality
- ZoomInfo makes cold calling prospects easier to do with its contact finder and direct dials.
- When you visit a website and hit the ZoomInfo extension, you will get a list of contacts sorted by their job titles.
- Easy-to-use interface
- The customer support takes some time to respond.
- It takes time to set up as you need to choose and set up credits for different features.
- ZoomInfo is a bit more expensive than some of the other popular sales intelligence platforms on the market.
ZoomInfo vs. Alternative Sales Intelligence Platforms
ZoomInfo has helped over 20,000 small businesses and corporate enterprise customers identify, connect with, and engage buyers. Many big and small businesses vouch for the platform’s ability to provide contact and company data.
For example, the popular landing page platform, Instapage reported a 192% increase in its year-over-year bookings after implementing ZoomInfo.
Similarly, Speakap, which is an internal communications app, found a 50% increase in pipeline growth and a 25% increase in engagement rates after the adoption of ZoomInfo.
So is ZoomInfo the right solution for your business?
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular sales intelligence tools on the market other than ZoomInfo to help you decide on a solution.
HubSpot Sales is a free sales intelligence tool that offers some of the features of ZoomInfo such as email alerts and company profiles. It's a good solution for businesses that are looking for a low-cost sales intelligence tool.
- HubSpot Sales sends you an email notification when new leads are added to an account that matches your search criteria.
- In addition to contact information, company profiles include data such as the website URL, social media links, number of employees, and location data.
- You can easily search for leads by keywords or company/contact names.
- HubSpot Sales makes prospect outreach easier with pre-defined email templates, email sequences, canned snippets, and documents.
- If you’re based in the U.S., you can improve customer experience with built-in CRM-powered payments for B2B commerce.
- Additional features include meeting scheduling, sales automation, live chat, and 1:1 video.
HubSpot Sales is free to use. However, HubSpot's Sales Hub Enterprise package starts at $75K for one year for 50 team members.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a paid sales intelligence tool that offers detailed contact information and insights into companies' social media presence. It's a good solution for businesses that are looking for a comprehensive sales intelligence tool that does everything from sales prospecting to closing deals.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a great ZoomInfo alternative trusted by marketing professionals worldwide.
- LinkedIn utilizes its 300M+ member network to help sales executives find and build relationships with prospects and customers.
- With LinkedIn Sales Navigator, the leading sales leaders get 15% sales pipeline growth, 42% larger deal sizes, and a 59% boost in total revenue.
- Get real-time insights for warm outreach so that there is no need for cold calling.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator offers two pricing plans – Core Edition for individual sales representatives and Advanced Edition for sales teams. With both plans, you get a free trial option.
3. D&B Hoovers
D&B Hoovers is another well-known sales intelligence tool with a large database of businesses and professionals. It offers a free trial so you can test out its features before deciding to purchase.
- A comprehensive database of more than hundreds of millions of business records.
- Get verified emails and detailed company profiles by searching for keywords or contact/company names.
- Deliver relevant customer communications with advanced insights.
- Get real-time alerts and active buyer intent information to accelerate your sales team’s productivity and efficiency.
- Leverage D&B Intent models to beat your competitors and drive more sales.
D&B Hoovers offers a free trial. Info on their pricing plans is available on request.
Swordfish is a paid sales intelligence tool that offers detailed contact information, advanced search capabilities, and email alerts. It's a good solution for businesses that are looking for a comprehensive sales intelligence tool.
- Get cell phone numbers and email addresses of professionals and companies.
- Find top professionals from multiple sources including LinkedIn, Facebook Groups, Twitter, GitHub, and Stack Overflow.
- You can find contact data of individual social profiles by hitting the Swordfish Chrome extension.
- It also offers bulk upload and data list enrichment features.
You get 5 free searches as a new user. Swordfish pricing plans start from $3.19/day billed monthly for 150 credits. Higher-priced plans with more credits cost more.
Also check out: Other ZoomInfo Alternatives and Competitors
1. How much does ZoomInfo cost?
The cost of ZoomInfo is based on the features and functionality, the number of credits, and the number of licenses you need. ZoomInfo add-ons and third-party platform integrations come with additional costs.
You can request ZoomInfo cost by entering your business email address and other information on the ZoomInfo pricing page.
2. What is the cost per contact on ZoomInfo?
ZoomInfo does not charge per contact cost. You can look up as many contacts and company profiles as you want to within the platform.
ZoomInfo credits are used when you export a contact or company profile from the platform to a CSV file or Excel file.
3. Is ZoomInfo a CRM?
No, ZoomInfo is not a CRM. It's a sales intelligence tool that can be used to find leads and gather market research. However, it provides third-party integration with popular customer relationship management (CRM) solutions.
4. Can I export data from ZoomInfo?
Yes, you can export data from ZoomInfo in a variety of formats including Excel, PDF, and CSV.
5. What type of data can I export from ZoomInfo?
You can export contact information, company information, email addresses, website URLs, targeted prospect lists, and more useful data from ZoomInfo.
Is ZoomInfo Worth the Pricing?
ZoomInfo is a comprehensive sales intelligence tool with a large database of businesses and professionals. It offers verified email addresses, detailed company profiles, and access to core features such as search and export ZoomInfo data.
Whether you’re a growing startup, a mid-market-sized company, or a large enterprise, the key features of ZoomInfo make it an ideal solution for lead generation and market research.
Other alternative sales intelligence platforms include HubSpot Sales, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and D&B Hoovers.
Have you tried ZoomInfo for sales prospecting? Be sure to share your experiences with us in the comments below.