As most of the people that frequent my blog already know, I am a huge advocate of social media and how you can leverage it for your business or to improve or maintain your reputation online. It is something that you need to learn and understand to ensure that social media is an allie and not an enemy. It is the Wild, Wild, West online and you need to harness the power.
I have put together, my favorite 15 quotes from some of the industries top influencers. Some are funny, some informative and some are witty! If you have other social media quotes that you want to add, please do so in the comments section (below). Cheers!
1. “Social marketing eliminates the middlemen, providing brands the unique opportunity to have a direct relationship with their customers.”
- Bryan Weiner, CEO at Digital Agency 360i
2. “The qualities that make Twitter seem insane and half-baked are what makes it so powerful.”
- Jonathan Zittrain, Professor of Law at Harvard Tweet This!
3. “You are what you tweet.”
- Alex Tew, Monkey Inferno Tweet This!
4. “The goal of social media is to turn customers into your personal evangelist.”
- Shane Barker, ShaneBarker.com Tweet This!
5. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; what happens on Twitter stay on Google forever!”
- Jure Klepic, jureklepic.com Tweet This!
6. “Think like a publisher, not a marketer.”
- David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist Tweet This!
7. “Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.”
- Jay Baer, Convince & Convert Tweet This!
8. “All one needs is a computer, a network connection, and a bright spark of initiative and creativity to join the economy.”
- Don Tapscott, dontapscott.com
9. “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.”
- Ian Schafer, Deep Focus
10. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is.”
- Scott Cook, co-founder Intuit
11. “Our head of social media is the customer.”
- McDonald’s Tweet This!
12. “Privacy is dead, and social media hold the smoking gun.”
- Pete Cashmore, Mashable CEO Tweet This!
13. “Today people don’t trust companies. One of the things marketers want to do is to humanize their brand. What better way to do it than put a live person in front of them.”
- Jackie Huba, Author
14. “How can you squander even one more day not taking advantage of the greatest shifts of our generation? How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?”
- Seth Godin, sethgodin.com
15. “If content is king, then conversion is queen.”
- John Munsell, CEO of Bizzuka Tweet This!