Want to build an ecommerce store? Have an ecommerce website that needs a new look? Then you might be interested in checking out some of the best WordPress ecommerce themes for 2022.
WordPress ecommerce themes are a great way to start your ecommerce business as they have a lot of advantages, including flexibility and cost-effectiveness. You can easily edit the templates according to your liking so that your ecommerce web design is unique and user-friendly.
In this article, I will list 11 of the best ecommerce themes that are available on the market. But first, let's take a look at what a theme is and what makes a great ecommerce theme.
Table of Contents
What is a Theme?
A theme is a template that controls the look and feel of your website. It can be used to change the appearance of your website’s header, footer, sidebar, and more.
You can simply install a theme and utilize its functionality instantly. If you want to sell products through your website, you can use an ecommerce WordPress theme, which comes with built-in ecommerce features.
Advantages of Using a Theme for Your Online Business
Themes can help you build and manage your online store with ease as they have a lot of advantages. I’ve listed a few of them below.
- WordPress themes are an easy solution for website building. You get access to a drag-and-drop page builder, fully responsive design, menu options, color schemes, and ecommerce features. You can easily use pre-designed pages to get your website up in no time.
- Ecommerce themes integrate well with ecommerce platforms like BigCommerce and WooCommerce, which make it easier for businesses to sell their products online. BigCommerce will also host your website for you, whereas, using WooCommerce will require you to buy a hosting plan.
- Themes are cost-effective. Many of them are free, while others come at a nominal price. Using themes can help you save time and money that would have been spent on hiring and working with a web developer.
- Most themes offer automatic updates, which help you stay on top of modern design standards and the latest technology.
- Most WordPress themes are SEO-friendly, which means that they come with features that can help your ecommerce website rank higher in search engine results.
Now that you know why you should use an ecommerce theme to build your online store, let’s find out how to choose the right one.
You may also like:
What Should You Look for in a WordPress Ecommerce Theme?
To design an ecommerce website, you need a WordPress theme that meets ecommerce standards. There are some features that ecommerce themes must have in order for them to be fully functional.
When you're choosing an ecommerce theme for your business, there are a few things you should consider, such as:
Does the theme have a responsive design?
- Is the theme SEO-friendly?
- Does it have all essential product page functionalities such as cross-sell and upsell features, fast loading time, and guided navigation and search features?
- Does the theme have drop-down menus to help users navigate the site easily?
- Is the theme secure? Does it use SSL encryption for secure card transactions?
- What UX (user experience) features and customization options does the theme have?
- Is the theme similar to competitor websites?
- How much does the theme cost?
The Best WordPress Ecommerce Themes Reviewed
It's not easy to find an ecommerce WordPress theme that is both aesthetically appealing and functional but these 11 themes combine style with substance.
I’ve picked them for this post on the best ecommerce WordPress themes as they all meet ecommerce standards and can help you create a great ecommerce store.
Let’s check them out, one by one.
Flatsome is a fully responsive ecommerce WordPress theme with a modern and clean design. It's perfect for online stores of all sizes and it comes with a ton of features, including a drag-and-drop page builder, unlimited colors, WooCommerce support, Revolution Slider, and more.
- Mobile and speed optimized theme
- Compatible with the latest WooCommerce and WordPress versions
- Product variation swatches
- Automatic new badge for products newer than x days
- Sticky column option
- Mega menus with custom dropdowns
Pricing: Starting from $59
Divi offers some of the most popular WordPress themes for different use cases. Their child theme, called “Divi Ecommerce” comes with ecommerce functionality and free updates.
Divi Ecommerce theme for WordPress integrates well with BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and other ecommerce platforms, which makes it easier to add advanced ecommerce features.
It also offers interesting layouts, shop pages, and product pages for different types of ecommerce businesses, including a photo marketplace, a pharmacy, a furniture store, and an online beauty store.
- A drag-and-drop builder and visual editor
- Custom CSS control
- Global elements and styles
- Modules for all essential website elements including calls-to-action (CTAs), blogs, sliders, testimonials, and more
- Easy-to-build product page layouts with custom WooCommerce modules
- Custom shape dividers for your web pages
- Advanced code editing option
- Custom user roles and permission settings
- Ecommerce, lead generation, built-in split testing, and powerful conversion insights
- 24/7 premium support
Pricing: Starting from $67/year
Cornerstone is one of the best ecommerce WordPress themes that comes in three variations – Light, Bold, and Warm. This ecommerce WordPress theme is integrated well with BigCommerce and optimized for sales and discounts, large catalogs, multi-purpose usage, and responsiveness.
- A clutter-free and intuitive user interface
- Complex search filtering options
- Customized one-page checkout
- Mega navigation
- Google AMP
- The ultimate element library with dozens of new elements, templates, and third-party tools
- Image and video support
Pricing: Starting from $49
WoodMart is a premium ecommerce WordPress theme optimized for building an online shop that provides the ultimate user experience to shoppers. It integrates well with WooCommerce and comes with a super-fast interface.
- 70+ demo layouts and 370+ ready-to-use templates
- Elementor and WPBakery page builder support
- Unlimited header layouts
- Full AJAX shop, pagination, filters by color and size
- Optimized for page speed to improve search engine optimization
- Advanced variable products with swatches
- AJAX full-screen search option
- Built-in mega menu
- Highly-customizable product pages, elements, and images
- AJAX quick shop option for all products
Pricing: Starting from $59 (regular license)
Porto is a fully responsive ecommerce WordPress theme that comes with a modern and clean design. It comes with a complete set of tools that ensure high performance and easy customization for your ecommerce site.
Porto follows the latest trends in website design and the best practices of code to make sure your ecommerce site stands out from the crowd.
- 45+ pre-built, ready-to-use, niche demos created by usability experts and modern design standards
- A drag-and-drop editor
- Full support for Elementor and WPBakery
- Optimized for page speed performance
- Several header and menu options
- Various filtering options for products
- Functionality to notify users
- Professional support – online documentation, videos, and forum
- Lifetime regular updates to keep your ecommerce site up to date
Pricing: Starting from $16
XStore is one of the most customizable WordPress themes with WooCommerce, Elementor, and WPBakery compatibility.
It provides unparalleled performance, ultra-fast loading, and everything a user might need to shop online. All of this makes it one of the best ecommerce WordPress themes in the market.
- Simple and intuitive, one-click installation
- Mega-menu lazy loading to boost your online shop’s performance
- Built-in product page builder
- AJAX search, product filters, load more products, mini cart, and mini wishlist features
- White label branding plugin
- Built-in AMP for faster page loading
- $510 worth of premium plugins for ecommerce websites
- Professional world-class support
Pricing: Starting from $39
Razzi is a multi-purpose ecommerce WordPress theme with a clean and minimalist design. It is a great theme with lots of features, including a mini cart, unlimited color schemes, a slider with smooth transitions, and more.
- 20+ pre-built demos
- Various product card styles
- AJAX products filters, add to cart option
- Built-in coupon system and order tracking system
- Easy shipping calculator
- Mega menu supported
- One-click installation with demo content
Pricing: Starting from $59
Rey is one of the best ecommerce WordPress themes for fashion, clothing, and furniture stores. It is an innovative, appealing, and rich-featured WordPress theme with multiple niche-specific demos and pre-designed shop and product pages.
- Font preloader
- SEO-friendly WordPress theme
- Developer-friendly ecommerce WordPress theme for those who love coding
- Compatible with Elementor page builder and WPBakery page builder for those who want to drag and drop website elements
- Compatible with WooCommerce plugin to power your online store with pre-built product grid layouts, gallery layouts, quick views, AJAX search, product variations, and other functionalities
Pricing: Starting from $69
Sober is a fast, unique, and minimal WooCommerce WordPress theme powered by Elementor page builder and WPBakery page builder. This premium theme is perfect for your hi-tech store, clothing store, cosmetics shop, furniture store, and more.
It integrates well with WooCommerce and other ecommerce platforms and plugins to help you add a lot of features to your ecommerce store.
- Custom widgets
- Unlimited color schemes
- Slider with smooth transition effects
- Menu with multiple column styles
- Drag-and-drop visual editor powered by popular page builder plugins like Elementor and WPBakery
- WooCommerce compatible
- 16+ pre-built demos
- Lots of product pages, shop pages, and other generic page templates for your every need
- Portfolio functionality for artists, photographers, and other professionals
- Premium plugins like Elementor, Variation Swatches for WooCommerce, and Mailchimp included
- Fast ecommerce performance
- Multi-currency supported
- Sticky header options
- Clear documentation and reliable support
- Lifetime updates
Pricing: Starting from $59
The7 is one of the most customizable ecommerce WordPress themes in the market today. It gives you immense creative freedom and tremendous power to control the look, feel, and functionality of your online shop.
This ecommerce WordPress theme has a very modern and stylish design that will make your online shop look great.
- One-click demo installer
- WooCommerce compatible
- Drag-and-drop page builders powered by Elementor and WPBakery
- Elementor Pro and PRO Elements integration
- 50+ The7 elements
- Theme options panel
- Product widgets and shortcodes
- Free lifetime updates
- First-class support
- SEO-friendly and mobile-friendly multipurpose WordPress theme
- Multilingual and translation-ready theme
- Mega menu option
- Custom storefronts
- Product grids and carousels
- $174 worth of premium plugins
- 40+ pre-made websites, which can act as a great foundation for every project
Pricing: Starting from $39
Shopkeeper is one of the best ecommerce WordPress themes that offers everything you need to sell online.
This premium theme helps you design beautiful online stores in a hassle-free way with its pre-designed product page layouts, product galleries with zoom functionality, and modern blog layouts.
- Easy installation
- One-click demo import options
- Fully responsive theme for your ecommerce store
- Free lifetime updates
- Code-free customization
- Drag-and-drop page building with the inclusion of WPBakery page builder plugin
- Unlimited header styles
- Infinite scrolling option
- Portfolio functionality to showcase your best work in its best light
- Fast loading to ensure high performance of your online business website
- Adjust the number of products per row and per column
Pricing: Starting from $59
1. What is the best theme for ecommerce?
There is no definitive answer to this question since what may be the best theme for one ecommerce website may not be the best for another.
However, some of the best themes for ecommerce include:
- Divi Ecommerce
Each of these WordPress themes can help you set up a successful ecommerce store.
2. What is a WordPress ecommerce theme?
A WordPress ecommerce theme is a pre-designed template that allows you to quickly launch ecommerce shops to sell digital or physical goods.
Most popular ecommerce themes are designed with ecommerce functionality in mind, including a robust order tracking system, content management system, custom widgets, SEO features, shipping options, visual composer, and other online shopping features.
Many ecommerce themes include support for popular payment processors like PayPal. They also allow integration with popular ecommerce platforms such as BigCommerce.
3. What makes an ecommerce theme good?
As with any WordPress theme, an ecommerce theme should be evaluated based on a few key factors:
- How easy is it to use?
- Is the design modern and professional?
- Does the ecommerce WordPress theme include features that are important to ecommerce stores (like product pages, cart integration, etc.)?
- How is customer support?
When looking for a good ecommerce theme, it's important to consider these factors.
I’ve put together some of the best ecommerce WordPress themes that meet most of the criteria for building a successful online store. Scroll up to check what features they have.
4. How do I build an ecommerce website from scratch?
To build an ecommerce website from scratch, you need to:
- Identify a niche for your ecommerce business.
- Get a domain name and hosting plan for your ecommerce WordPress website.
- Choose your ecommerce platform. BigCommerce and WooCommerce are two of the most popular ones.
- Plan the structure, elements, and functionality of your online store.
- Pick the right theme for your ecommerce website.
- Add products, pick payment processors, and set up a shipping process.
- Put together a robust marketing strategy to promote your store.
Check out the process of building an online store in detail here.
5. How can I make my ecommerce website more attractive?
You should choose the best ecommerce WordPress theme for your online shop. Then, use the customization options available in the theme options panel to design the look and feel of your store.
Here are a few tips to make your ecommerce website more attractive:
- Keep it simple.
- Use high-quality images to show your products in their best light.
- Leverage colors to your advantage.
- Add strong calls-to-action (CTAs) that stand out.
- Use social proof.
Ready to Pick Your WordPress Ecommerce Theme?
Ecommerce themes are a great choice for website owners who want to sell products online quickly and easily, but building an ecommerce website requires a lot of technical know-how.
So, if you're not too tech savvy, I recommend hiring a web design company to help you with your ecommerce website. You can always reach out to my team and me for expert tips and professional services.
If you're looking for ecommerce themes, look no further! This article lists 11 of the best ecommerce themes that are available in the market today.