Now that I’ve glossed over my top four picks, let's dive into the best email tracking solutions for your business, along with some extra insights.
Table of Contents
Best Email Tracking Software Programs
Before you choose one for your email marketing, make sure you know what features are on offer. To make your research easier, in this article, I’ve researched the best email tracking tools.
Check out this list, it includes all of the features and pricing plans of the best email tracking software programs for your email marketing efforts to choose from.
This email tracking tool will tell you when your lead opens an email and helps you to keep them engaged.
Here are some of the best features of this email tracking solution that can boost your email marketing efforts:
- Check Your Leads’ History: They have an activity stream that is built-in. It automatically logs in the history of each lead in your browser.
- Email Sequences: This feature allows you to run your campaign on autopilot so that you don’t miss out on any leads.
- Email Scheduling: You can schedule emails for a particular date and time. Also, you can take the help of machine learning to deliver emails to your prospects when they engage the most.
- Email Templates: This feature allows you to turn your repetitive emails into email templates.
Pricing and Plans
Image via HubSpot
Mailtrack is one of the best email tracking tools that make it easy for you to get read receipts on Gmail. It adds a double-tick mark on your emails so that you can easily keep track of who has read your emails.
Notable features that can help your email marketing include:
- Check Email Activity: This feature allows you to check how many times your emails have been opened in your mailbox.
- Secure Data: Mailtrack is privacy compliant. They mention on their website that they would never share their client’s data with any third parties.
- Real-Time Notifications: Using this email tracking tool, you can get real-time notifications every time your emails are opened.
Pricing and Plans
Mailtrack’s free plan allows you unlimited tracking, which is a benefit for small businesses. However, if you want access to features like click tracking, email metrics, and reminders, you need to look at their PRO plans.
Here are the pricing details:
- Monthly Pro: $4.99 per month
- Quarterly Pro: $3.99 per month
- Yearly Pro: $2.49 per month
Image via Mailtrack
One of the best email tracking tools, Yesware, also known as sales-centered software, can provide you with real-time notifications when someone opens an email, so you can stay in constant contact with potential customers.
Along with it, you can also know who opened your emails, clicked on the given links, and downloaded the email attachments. The best part is that it allows you to integrate the software with your Gmail account.
Here are the other notable features of this email tracking software program:
- Meeting Scheduler: This feature allows you to schedule meetings with people and create customized meeting links with different time slots.
- Templates For Emails: Yesware’s email templates can save you a lot of time and effort. What’s more, you can also track the success rate of their email templates and A/B test them for the best results.
- Automated Follow Up: With the automated follow-up feature, you can use mail merge and integrate your sales calls with this email tracking software.
- Reminder: To make it easier for you to follow-up on emails, you can set reminders with this feature.
- Phone Dialer: Using this feature, you can call anyone right from the inbox.
- Integration with Salesforce: Yesware can be seamlessly integrated with Salesforce so you can manage your CRM from one platform.
Pricing and Plans
Yesware has five different plans, some for small businesses and some for big businesses. Let’s take a look at the highlights, pricing, and features of each one of them:
Free Plan: Sync with Salesforces, Email Tracking and Email templates
Pro Plan: For $15 per user, you can get access to features like presentation tracking, analysis, personal templates and reports, and real-time email tracking.
Premium Plan: For $35 per user, you can get access to their Pro features, Mail Merge option, as well as role-based permissions.
Enterprise Plan: Priced at $55 per user, the Enterprise plan gives you access to Premium features including Email sync, Google Calendar and CRM Sync.
Enterprise + Phone Plan: Priced at $100 per user, this plan includes access to phone system integration, phone dialer, and other enterprise features.
Image via Yesware
This email tracker software was designed by Hunter to provide their users with a simple, and unobtrusive email tracking experience for Google Inbox.
It’s for casual users who don’t want to spend any money for email tracking. You can directly integrate this free email tracking tool with Gmail through a Google Chrome extension.
Notable features of this software that can help your email campaigns include:
- Ability to enable or disable tracker: What if you don’t want to track every single email you send out? Maybe some of them are for your personal use.
With a single click, you can turn off the tracking option with MailTracker as and when required.
- Get Read Receipts: You can view if your email was opened or not. If it was, you can also see the number of times the recipient opened the message.
Image via Hunter.io
This email tracker software has a host of options for email tracking, email automation, integrating GIFs, Dropbox, and more.
These are the features that make Mixmax stand out as a great tool for your email marketing:
- Person-Based Email Tracking: This feature enables you to see who is opening your emails, what part of it they are reading, and how they engage with it over time.
- Opened Attachment Stats: With this feature, you can check the performance of your email attachments and links from any person. Using these insights, you can boost your engagement rate and open rate.
- Email and Slack Alerts: Using this tool, you can create alerts that are based on email engagement. This can be via text or a message on Slack.
Pricing and Plans
- Starter: This is designed for entrepreneurs and consultants. It is priced at $12 per user per month.
- Small Biz: This pricing plan is great for small teams. It is priced at $29 per month per user.
- Growth: This plan is aimed at teams that are growing rapidly. They are priced at $65 per user per month.
- Enterprise: To know the details of this custom-priced plan, you can get in touch with their team.
Image via Mixmax
This email tracker software makes it easy for you to track your emails individually. With plugins for Gmail and Outlook, it makes it a breeze to track your open rate and engagement.
Another advantage of using Bananatag is that it sends all of the tracked emails to Outlook or Gmail servers that can as a kind of security system. So, you don’t have to sweat it out over your emails ending up in spam or getting blocked.
Notable features of this email tracker software tool that can enhance your email marketing efforts include:
- Email Scheduling: This tool is useful to schedule emails in advance, especially if you need to send emails in different time zones.
- Email Templates: Their email templates allow you to quickly create emails that are used commonly. With their email templates, you can maintain consistency across messages.
- Advanced Email Metrics and Custom Reporting: Their email tracker software allows you to create a heatmap for your emails. This can tell you where users are clicking on your email. In addition to this, you can also get insights into read time and engagement by location with their analytics features.
Pricing and Plans
BananaTag believes in tailoring their pricing to your organization’s needs. From the number of recipients to the features you need, everything can change the pricing. To get a quote, you can schedule a demo with them.
Here are all the plans that they offer:
- Essential: This plan includes features like sending unlimited emails, getting access to their email designer, email click maps, client integration, and more.
- Power: With this plan, you get access to features like survey visualization, embedded pulse surveys, custom email reports, and more.
- Enterprise: With this plan, you get access to features like Single Sign-On, API, and more.
Image via Bananatag
This bulk email tracker software is great if you want to manage your emailing steps and want to set up a quick email marketing campaign. It combines the functionality of a bulk email web service with cloud email tracking options.
Here are some of the notable features:
- Create Email Newsletters: This features comes with a new layout editor, categorized templates, optional HTML “source editing only” mode, new HTML engine, and more.
- Newsletter Customization: Using SendBlaster, you can create personalized emails to your subscribers, use programmable tags, add calendar events to your message, check broken links, and more.
- Mailing List Management: This feature ensures that you can create list segments, unsubscribe replicators, follow up mailings, merge lists, and more.
- Schedule Emails: With this feature, you can create a mailing list and send your emails to them later at any given time or day.
- Analyze Email Campaigns: You can analyze your open rates and reading times using this feature. SendBlaster allows you to integrate your data with Google Analytics, Track Reports, and more.
Pricing and Plans
Their Single Blaster Pro 4 plans is priced at $129. It is for one-time use only. You can get an extended download for an additional fee of $9. The Upgrade is available for $59.
To get access to their Email Templates Collection, you can pay $59. In it, you’ll get more than 300 professional email templates. For more information on their pricing and plans, get in touch with their support team.
Image via SendBlaster
Think of an email tracker software then MailButler is the best personal assistant who keeps track of your email marketing campaigns.
It is designed in such a manner that it can integrate seamlessly with Apple Mail and Gmail. In addition to this, you can also use it with your Flickr account, Dropbox, OneNote, Google+, and other different platforms.
Notable features of this software include:
- Real-time Notifications: Mailbutler sends you notifications right away when your email is opened by recipient.
- Advanced Email Link and File Tracking: This feature allows you to find out how many times your link was clicked and when. Based on this data, you can find out who your most engaged prospects are.
- Schedule Emails: Mailbutler also allows users to schedule emails in advance.
- Custom Signatures: Mailbutler allows you to add custom signatures so that you can add a touch of authenticity to your emails.
Pricing and Plans
Mailbutler’s email tracker software offers monthly as well as yearly packages for their users. If you pay yearly, you can save up a lot of money (worth 2 months of monthly package).
- Essential: For free, you can get access to features like unlimited number of email accounts, attachment reminder, and options to undo send, unsubscribe, and for service integrations.
- Professional: Along with all the features listed in the Essential package, this package allows you to add notes, get access to message templates, select snooze, schedule emails and follow-up reminders, open tracking options, and more. This package is priced at €7.95 per month per user.
- Business: For €29.95 per month per user, you can get access to all the features listed in the two packages above. In addition to those, you’ll also get to use custom signature, track details related to your emails, get email support, analytics, and more.
Image via Mailbutler
This free email tracker software enables you to switch between different Gmail accounts. You can also switch it off whenever you want in the Google Chrome extension.
Here are the best features of this software:
- Real-Time Notifications: With this email tracker, you can get live desktop notifications whenever your messages are read.
- Email Opens: This feature enables you to see the full history of your email opens and the activity taken by users.
- Follow-Up Reminders: This tool gives you reminders so you don’t ever miss out on following up with your customers.
- Email Scheduler: This feature allows you to schedule your emails beforehand.
Image via Snov.io
SalesHandy is email tracker software that has an intuitive interface and is easy-to-use. If you do a quick Google search, you’ll see that most SalesHandy users are satisfied with its services. Some of the features that make it a great tool include:
- Email Templates: SalesHandy allows their users to insert email templates right from Gmail Compose Box or even Outlook.
- Email Scheduling: Using the Email SalesHandy Plugin, you can also send your emails when your recipients are most likely to respond.
- Mute notifications: Once you’re done tracking a particular campaign, you can mute the notifications. You can also stop receiving read receipts for emails that aren’t very important.
- Automated Follow-up: You can automate an email follow-up by creating sequence templates and attaching them to your emails. SalesHandy allows you to do all of this from Gmail compose box.
- Mail Merge: Using this feature, you get to send your mail merge campaigns using any email account. In addition to this, it also includes options so that you can use personalized automated follow-ups.
Pricing and Plans
SalesHandy has four different plans that you can choose from:
- Free: The Free Plan is available for a trial period of 14 days and gives you access to unlimited email tracking.
- Regular: For $7 per month per user, you can get access to document tracking and Mail Merge features.
- Plus: For $16 per month per user, you can get access to Mail Merge With Auto Follow-ups and all the features in the Regular Plan.
- Enterprise: For $40 per month per user, you can get access to all the features to the Plus plan and access to High Volume Campaigns.
Image via SalesHandy
GetNotify is the perfect email tracker software for small businesses or startups who don’t have a huge budget for email marketing. And it gives you access to some great features absolutely free. All you need to do is to send your emails by adding “.getnotify.com” at the end of the recipient’s email addresses.
By doing this, you can get access to features like:
- Free tracking of emails
- Keep a track of links in your emails
- Keep a track of how long your email was read for
- Get access to your recipient's location, IP address, OS Name, and browser.
- Get notifications every time your email gets read.
Image via GetNotify
Focused on improving sales, this email tracking tool can give you insights into when your email was opened, on what device, and where.
It’s a handy tool that can give you insights into the right times to contact your prospects. They also have plug-ins for Google and Outlook that you can download from their website or the app store.
The best part is that Intelliverse is absolutely free for a limited period of time. Till they get 50,000 users, they’re offering their service for free. So, if you sign up now, you won't have to spend a penny for email tracking.
Notable features of this software program include:
- Real-time notifications: Every time someone opens your email, you get a notification.
- Follow Up: It allows you to track the number of times an email was opened and to figure out the best time to send it.
- Privacy: While Intelliverse sends your email, it doesn’t read the contents of it. It’s an email software that values your privacy.
Image via Intelliverse
This email software allows you to track your newsletters, email campaigns, individual emails, and other digital mailings.
It has features that allow you to track email opens, email clicks, and identify website leads and customers by email.
Pricing and Plans
LeadBoxer has comprehensive plans ranging from $79 to $399 which include much more than just email tracking. For specific details about email tracking, you can get in touch with their sales team.
Image via LeadBoxer
Autoklose is one of the email tracking tools that can change the way you track your KPI opens, rates, clicks, and more.
Notable features include:
- Real-Time Analytics: Using this feature, you can access all your campaign stats instantly. You can also track your click-through rate, delivery rate, bounce rates, and more. With these analytics, it becomes easy to even predict engagement patterns.
- Email Campaign Management: Manage your emails and craft personalized ones with engaging content.
- Email Sequence Templates: This feature allows you to A/B test and save the sequence that is best for you.
Pricing and Plans
Here are the pricing details for Autoklose’s plans:
- Starter: This is priced at $49.99 per month.
- Small Business: This is priced at $149.95 per month.
- Enterprise: To know the pricing of this package, please get in touch with their sales team.
Image via Autoklose
This free email tracking software is great if you are a basic user. Using this tool, you can get read receipts, modify your sent emails, delete sent emails, and keep track of email attachments.
Here are some of the notable features of this software:
- Email Tracking: Using this email tracker, you can check who has opened your emails and the time period that they read it. In addition to this, you can track forwards, device on which emails were opened, and more.
- Edit Your Emails: We’ve regretted sending emails that we weren’t supposed to send. Pointofmail allows you to modify the emails you’ve sent or update them. What’s more, it allows you to edit your email content even after it is read.
- Disable Forwarding: Want to keep an email confidential? Using Pointofmail you can disable email forwarding, copying, and printing.
- Link and Attachment Tracking: Using this feature, you can track how quickly a link was opened after the email was read. You can also find if a link was forwarded and from which device.
- Instant Notifications: You can get the tracking information for your emails in real-time. It is presented with options for grouping, searching, and sorting.
Image via Pointofmail
Bonus Tool: Veloxy
Don't settle for mere open and click rates. Use this email tracking software solution that helps you reach the right contacts at the right times and on the right devices.
Veloxy's email tracking feature was designed to help marketers get greater visibility into buyers' inbox behavior.
Using this, you can instantly find out each time an email is opened, a link is clicked, where it was opened and on what device, and when your email is forwarded to a new contact.
The most popular feature among sales professionals is Sales Artificial Intelligence. It sends automated follow-ups based on your buyers' inbox behavior.
Veloxy's software solution features:
- Salesforce Integration & Inbox Sidebar: View and drill down into your buyers’ data directly from your inbox or smartphone.
- Gmail Inbox Extension & Outlook Inbox Plugin: Use email tracking for two of the most popular email applications.
- Email Tracking by Day, Time, Device, and Location: Get deeper, real-time insights into each email your buyer interacts with and forwards.
- Email Campaign: Create and schedule emails and choose Salesforce Prospects or contacts or opportunities within Veloxy (no need to export from Salesforce). Create follow-up campaigns based on the performance of the original campaign.
- Geo-Targeted Email Campaign: Going somewhere to meet your prospect? Great! Create a geo-targeted email campaign and book additional appointments to utilize your time and close more business deals.
- Email Templates: Create rich email templates and share them with your team members to maintain consistency in your brand’s email campaigns.
- Sales Artificial Intelligence: Receive smart follow-up signals based on your buyers’ inbox behaviors to improve engagement and conversion rates.
- Leadfinder: Generate new leads and accounts based on your subscribers’ email forwards.
- Veloxy Mobile App & Web Portal: Access email tracking data on the go from your smartphone, anywhere you have internet access.
Pricing and Plans
Veloxy Lite: $25 per user, per month. 15+ sales features in addition to email tracking. Five-star onboarding and customer support are included.
Veloxy: $50 per user, per month. 30+ sales features in addition to email tracking. Five-star onboarding and customer support are included.
Q1. What is email tracking software?
A. Email tracking tools allow you to track actions taken on emails once you send them to your contacts. It offers you insights into open rates, opening time, click-through rates, downloads, etc., for your email marketing.
Q2. What is the best email tracking software?
A. These are some of the best email tracking software options:
- Free Email Tracking Software by HubSpot
- MailTracker by Hunter
Q3. How can I track an email?
A. Use the following steps when tracking emails:
- Choose and install your email tracking software.
- Compose an email.
- Locate and check the “Track” checkbox on your email.
- Have guidelines on how to contact recipients of your email once you receive a read notification.
Q4. Is Mailtrack legal?
The software provides email tracking services, which are legal under the GDPR.
Q5. Is Mailtrack for Gmail safe?
Q6. How can you tell if someone read your email?
A. Install tracking software. This way, you get notifications showing you when someone opened the email and how many times they did it.
The email tracking software also tells you when recipients opened emails and whether they took actions like downloading or clicking on a link you sent. All of which can help improve your email marketing.
Q7. How do I turn off email tracking?
A. One of the easiest ways to turn off email tracking is by blocking the auto-displaying of images in emails.
For example, if using Gmail. Head to settings, general tab, and then at the image setting, click ‘ask before displaying external images.’
If you don’t use Gmail, head to settings from your email provider, and choose the option that requires you to give consent before they can display images.
Another option is to use Gmail extensions like PixelBlock and Ugly Email to identify and block trackers.
Remember to disable this setting on third-party email service providers you use too.
Q8. How does email tracking software work?
A. Most email tracking software use tracking pixels and trackable links.
With tracking pixels, the software attaches tiny pixel transparent images to emails that remain invisible to recipients.
Each pixel has a tracking number, which marks an email read when a recipient loads the message. They can also tell how many times the recipient opened it.
With trackable links, the email tracking software encodes your links so that you can track click-through rates that are important to your email marketing.
Email tracking can help you keep your email marketing campaign on track. With the help of these email tracking tools, you can save time and boost your efficiency.
With the help of email insights, you can capture leads more easily as well. I hope the list above has helped you find the right email tracking tool for your business and email marketing.
Have you used any of these email tracking software programs before? Please share your experience with us in the comments section.