Email marketing tools are very useful and cost-effective to market your products and services. They are especially great marketing tools for small businesses that don’t have the technical know-how.
There were more than 3.7 billion global email users in 2017 and this number is expected to further grow to 4.3 billion users by 2022.
Pro Tip: Identify the KPIs for every email campaign right in the beginning. In this way, you can measure your campaign’s performance more precisely.
But, what is email marketing and why should you use it?
Let’s find out.
What Is Email Marketing and Why Do You Need It?
Email marketing refers to the practice where marketers reach out to their target audiences via emails. It can be used for acquiring new customers as well as engaging current ones.
Email marketing allows you to build trust with customers and foster customer loyalty. You can keep them informed about promotions, product launches, discounts, and offers.
This is a direct way of reaching your customers and via a channel that they like.
Why is this?
Well, consumers prefer brands to communicate with them via email over other forms of communication.
Image via SmarterHQ
There are some more things you need to know about email marketing.
You send emails to people who have given you permission to send emails by giving you their contact information. This automatically filters out the people who are absolutely not interested and thus makes email marketing more effective.
Additionally, the ROI of email marketing is also easy to measure with the help of email marketing tools. All of these tools provide basic analytics data on metrics like open rates, click rates, etc.
But how do you determine which email marketing tool is the best?
How Can You Choose the Best Email Marketing Tool?
Email marketing tools can help you manage your email list, connect with your customers, and manage your email campaigns.
So, are all email marketing tools good for you?
Here are some of the factors to consider when choosing the best option for your business:
Does the email marketing service integrate seamlessly with your customer relationship management software (CRM)?
It should also integrate easily with other third-party apps and social media platforms. Seamless integration allows you to handle customer data better and easily view key metrics.
You will also have an easy time determining which campaigns perform better and which ones need improvement.
According to an IBM study, most consumers prefer to read their emails on mobile. 49.1% of all emails in the world are opened on mobile. Compare this to 33.3% read on webmail and 17.6% on desktop.
Image via IBM
Choose an email marketing tool that has mobile-optimized templates. This way, your audience can read your emails clearly both on mobile and desktop.
Features and Functionalities
Before you choose an email marketing tool, consider these:
- Does the service provider allow you to do more than just create drip campaigns?
- Can you use it to run abandoned cart campaigns?
- Can you track orders and tracking info?
- Can you automate newsletters with relevant product promotions?
- Can you customize customer responses based on each request received?
- Can you effectively track, monitor, and analyze campaigns during and after completion?
Choose these options depending on the size of your business, the number of emails you plan to send, and the number of campaigns you need to run.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Email Marketing Tool?
Why should you bother using an email marketing platform?
Well, here are some of the advantages of using email marketing platforms:
You do not have to design a template every time you need to run a campaign. Email marketing platforms provide you with numerous templates that you can customize to suit your brand colors and themes.
These templates work for all email service providers, including Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, and others.
Manage Your Email Lists
You can use email marketing services that automatically manage your email list. They make it easy for you to segment your contacts and track the performance of your campaigns.
You can also send bulk personalized emails to your target audience without getting flagged as spam.
These platforms provide analytics data on who opened your emails and which ones they opened. You can also find out how many links a subscriber clicked on, what subject lines were most effective, and so on.
This information allows you to tweak your strategy for better results.
Follow the Rules and Protect Your Reputation
The providers help you follow set rules and regulations within the email landscape.
Email marketing tools encourage you to provide an opt-out option to your subscribers. They also ensure that your subscribers can see your contact information when they receive your emails.
If you send bulk emails with a Gmail or Yahoo account, you run the risk of having your account shut down for running spammy practices. Email marketing tools, on the other hand, allow you to send bulk emails and not get flagged as spam.
What Are Some Email Marketing Best Practices?
Are you ready to boost your email marketing ROI?
Here are some best practices to take your marketing to the next level:
Know Your Audience
Your audience is more than their first or last name. You must understand:
- Their demographics
- The kind of communication they prefer
- What sets them apart from the general population?
You can get this information from your analytics data that can help you improve your email marketing strategy. It can also help you personalize your communications with your audience.
Send Your Emails at the Right Times
There are numerous studies on when one should send emails, but therein lies the big problem.
If Wednesday 10:00 am is the best time, according to studies, to send an email, then everyone will be waiting to send their emails at that time.
And the result?
Your target consumers get emails from different subscription services at the same time. Your email could easily disappear in that crowd.
So, when should you send your emails?
Choose the best time for your email list. Conduct tests and use analytics to figure out what time your target audience reads your emails more.
What days do you get the most open rates?
Keep testing until you find the best time for your subscribers, then use that consistently. This way, your audience can expect to receive your email on a particular day at a specific time. Consistency in sending emails can also help you improve open rates.
Choose a Sending Frequency
How many emails should you send to your audience and how often?
You may want more traffic for your website, but sending too many emails may put them off instead of increasing sales.
In this case, less is more. Make sure that every email you send to your contacts adds value to their life.
How frequently you send depends on what you have to offer. If you think you can send relevant and useful emails on a weekly basis, then do that. Otherwise, you can go for bi-weekly or monthly emails or newsletters.
Use Great Subject Lines and Clear Calls-to-Action
The best email subject lines are catchy, personalized, and creative.
Your subject line should encourage the reader to open your email. Therefore, it is important to write subject lines that are eye-catching. You can also personalize them and be creative to get more people to open your emails.
You should also have calls-to-action that direct your readers to your website. Let your email recipients know what to do next.
Make sure the call-to-action is clearly visible and has strong action words. You could also include a timer or an expiry date for an offer to create a sense of urgency.
Make it easy for your audience to send feedback after reading your content. It could be an email address, your social media accounts, or any other mode of communication.
Do not use “noreply” email addresses to send emails to your subscribers. Rather, you should open a line of communication between you and your audience.
The many responses you get may overwhelm you. But, it is worth the effort as it shows that you are open for feedback and makes people trust you more.
Test, Track, and Measure
Test your subject lines, calls-to-action, and messages to see which ones drive the best results. Find out if your current tactics are getting the desired results for your campaigns.
Are you achieving your email marketing goals?
Do you need to change some of your tactics?
As you can see, using email marketing opens numerous opportunities for your brand. However, to run effective email campaigns, you need email marketing tools that can help. This week, we bring you 31 of the best email marketing software services, to run successful email campaigns.
Bonus Tool: MailGenius
Before you can choose the right Email Marketing tool for you, we wanted to share a quick free bonus tool.
All of your email marketing efforts will fail if your emails don’t reach the inbox of your subscribers or end up in the spam folder. MailGenius will help you improve your email deliverability.
MailGenius works with ALL email service providers and can be used to optimize your emails BEFORE you hit send.
It’s simple to use, completely free and is a must-have for all email marketers.
What Are the Best Email Marketing Tools for Your Business?
Now that you are convinced that you need a robust email marketing tool for your business, we come to the topic of tool selection.
Want to know the best email marketing tools that you can use?
After considering the tool-selection criteria we mentioned before, we have identified 31 great email marketing platforms and tools for you.
We have highlighted each tool’s key features, pros and cons, pricing, usability, and level so that you can compare these tools side-by-side and find your best fit.
Ready to get started?
Email Marketing Tool #1: Pinpointe
Pinpointe’s ‘Email Marketing for Teams’ is the best solution for companies who have multiple people collaborating to design and deliver their email campaigns. Enterprises and marketing agencies can define specific user roles like campaign creation, database management and reporting, for each team member. Agencies can set up as many as 500 separate team accounts for each customer and define or restrict what each team member can have access to.
Pinpointe provides one of the best drag and drop editors we’ve seen. With hundreds of templates and pre-made blocks, companies can create beautiful looking, mobile friendly emails very quickly and without having to know html.
The smart-segments feature allows you to target your emails to relevant prospects with precision. Overall, this is the go-to tool if you want to do email marketing at scale.
Starting Price: $49 per month.
Email Marketing Tool #2. ReachMail
ReachMail is a feature-packed platform that helps organizations of all kinds connect with their audiences through email. It enables you to create professional, dynamic emails that look good on all devices. You can easily import lists, test your email design before you send, and leverage unlimited file storage.
This platform also helps you boost your reach and exposure through customized landing pages, sign-up forms, welcome messages, social media posting, and drip campaigns. This will help you grow an engaged subscriber base.
ReachMail’s key strength is working with senders to optimize delivery performance and working with customers to address their specific email marketing issues. Their customer service team is dedicated to getting their customers’ messages delivered.
You get powerful in-depth campaign reports on who engaged with your message, opens and clicks. Keep a close eye on everyone who unsubscribes, reports a message as spam, or bounces. Gain more insights about how users engaged with your email using ReachMail’s engagement scanner and heat map features. Track all these elaborate metrics and more to give you the deliverability advantage to go right into the inbox every time.
Starting Price: $10 per month ($9 credit for the first month). Want to try it first before buying? For free version signup here.
Email Marketing Tool #3: MailerLite
MailerLite is an all-in-one email marketing tool designed to help you create, automate, personalize, optimize, manage, and conquer your email campaigns.
Its drag-and-drop editor allows you to build professional and impressive newsletters without HTML skills.
With advanced targeting features, it becomes easier to personalize your campaigns and deliver the right emails to each subscriber at the right times.
You can track results, experiment with design elements and copy, and improve your engagement metrics using campaign reports, surveys, and click maps.
And what’s the greatest advantage?
You can also grow your audience using its website builder, landing pages, pop-ups, and embedded forms.
MailerLite allows you to choose plans according to the number of subscribers you have. You can send unlimited emails to up to 1000 subscribers for only $10/month.
You can get a 14-day free trial of its premium features.
The platform offers other add-ons too such as MailerPro, Dedicated IP, and SitesPro at different costs. You can check out all of their pricing information here.
Email Marketing Tool #4: HubSpot Marketing Free Email
HubSpot offers a fully-featured email marketing tool that was built to help businesses grow, no matter where they are on their journey.
The tool has a free-forever plan that allows you to send up to 2,000 emails per calendar month. Once the business grows, you can opt for one of the paid tiers and unlock more features and benefits.
The great thing about HubSpot is that it offers all-in-one solutions to help you do more than just email marketing. They enable you to use your website data to run more personalized email campaigns. You can also benefit from their live chat, form builder, CRM, and other features.
Image via HubSpot Marketing Free Email
- Easy-to-use template builder with a drag-and-drop editor
- Ready-made, customizable goal-based templates
- A/B testing and advanced marketing automation features
- Audience segmentation options based on contact list membership and lifecycle stage
- Free plan: send up to 2,000 emails per calendar month
- Paid tiers start at $50/month
- Access to powerful tools such as:
- CRM to personalize emails
- Automation features to save time on menial tasks
- Forms to capture new contacts
- And more
- A simple user interface
- Supports six languages
- Access to countless resources such as HubSpot Academy for you to learn how to use the tool and become a better marketer
- Emails include HubSpot’s branding
- Only basic templates available in the free plan
- Limited support with the free plan
- No A/B testing functionality in the free plan
- Third-party integrations required to benefit from features like abandoned cart notifications
Ideal for marketers who want to manage everything from one place including email marketing.
Pro Tip: Learn from HubSpot’s extensive knowledge base to use this platform in a better way.
Email Marketing Tool #5: AWeber
AWeber is a popular email marketing tool that can help you create and send effective emails. It provides hundreds of customizable, mobile-responsive email templates that you can use to create your marketing emails.
Using AWeber, marketers can easily build email lists, send emails, and connect with their audiences quickly.
The tool can help you track and measure the performance of your email marketing campaigns.
- Pop-ups and sign-up forms for data collection
- Built-in analytics dashboard
- Free email template library
- Easy contact management and segmentation
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Affordable plans
- RSS compatibility
- Follow-up emails
- Monthly fee applies even if you’re not actively using the tool
- Credit card required to subscribe for the free trial
- No free plan
- $19 per month
- Free one-month trial
Anyone who wants to grow their business can use AWeber.
EastVille Comedy Club used the AWeber Smart Designer to create a custom email template that showcased the personality of the visual brand in a great way.
Pro Tip: Take advantage of the tool’s sign-up forms and collect contacts from your social profiles.
Email Marketing Tool #6: Leadfeeder
Leadfeeder is a website visitor tracking software solution. Once you know who visits your website, you can get more information on them and then send bulk emails to drive conversions.
This is clearly one of the best email marketing services for small businesses as it allows you to find leads by seeing who visits your website.
You can find the companies that have visited your website, understand how they found you, and their interests. This way, you can send bulk emails to your leads and get conversions.
- Native and two-way integration with CRM and email marketing tools
- Facilitates targeted emails to the right decision-makers
- High-quality leads
- High degree of flexibility
- Excellent integrations
- Easy setup
- Neat user interface
- Costly if you have multiple websites
- Basic filters
- $55 per month
- Free LITE plan
- Free trial of the PREMIUM plan
It’s a great tool for lead generation, especially if you don’t have marketing automation software. Businesses on tight budgets can step up their sales and email marketing by using the verified warm leads provided by Leadfeeder.
Pro Tip: If you want to cut through the noise and reach qualified leads, integrate Leadfeeder with your CRM. You will get customer insights as well as data.
Email Marketing Tool #7: SendinBlue
Sendinblue is a great tool that can help you run effective email marketing campaigns in an automated, seamless manner.
It allows you to create professional-quality newsletters using their drag-and-drop feature and just a few clicks. Even professionals who don’t have any knowledge of coding can easily use their platform to create attractive newsletters.
Its advanced segmentation lets you target narrow audience segments with the right message.
- CRM integration for you to access contact details and insights
- Unlimited contacts
- Support for bulk emails
- Rich email template library
- A/B testing of email subject lines and sending times
- Dynamic content to give your emails a personal touch
- Comfortable pricing structure for small businesses
- Easy to use
Less than perfect customer support.
Free (for 300 emails/day)
Works with Android, iPhone/iPad, and is cloud-enabled.
The France-based platform has added a number of SMB-friendly features to help small companies accelerate their growth through email marketing. They partnered with Vonage to integrate their SMS-platform, Nexmo, with email capabilities.
Pro Tip: If you’re using their Enterprise solution, take advantage of the account management service. You’ll get a dedicated expert who works with you closely to optimize your email campaigns.
Email Marketing Tool #8: Constant Contact
Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing platform that helps you send bulk emails.
This tool allows you to import customer data from email clients and spreadsheets. You can personalize email sign-up forms and embed them on web pages and Facebook. It has real-time reporting features that help you track clicks, email opens, social shares, and more.
- Automatic welcome emails
- Subject line testing feature to optimize your subject lines
- Reliable deliverability mechanism
- Smart segmentation of contacts based on actual metrics like past clicks
- Triggered email workflows based on click events
- Automatic resend emails
- Effective list-building tools
- Affordable plans
- Free trial
- Sign-up forms
- Unlimited emails
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Testing is not very smooth
- Slow-to-load dashboard
- Less granular control over campaign permissions
- $20 per month
- First month free
- 30-day free trial
It’s easy to use. You get wide support options, such as FAQs, help articles, and toll-free coaching. You also get phone support in specified durations.
Pro Tip: Its segmentation feature is legendary. You can break down your contact list into numerous micro-categories and target them with relevant messages.
Email Marketing Tool #9: Clearbit Connect
This is a useful email marketing platform used for finding email ids. Clearbit Connect helps you connect with anyone with an email ID within a few seconds.
If you have been searching for contacts in a company, this tool will provide it to you.
What’s more, you ask?
You can find people by name, job title, or role. It can provide you with other relevant details of the contact person too.
- Widgets for Gmail or Outlook to make things simpler for you
- Additional contact information, such as location, titles, and personal details
- Smart filtering of contacts by parameters like role and location
- Integrates with Salesforce
- User-friendly interface
- Salesforce integration gives you great contact insights
- Lack of data for selected sectors like FMCG and CPG
- Sometimes, their data pool contains outdated information
It’s completely free.
You can add Clearbit Connect to your Gmail or Outlook, and use its email ID finder from there.
Pro Tip: Sign up early to get a forever-free account.
Free trial for 14 days – No credit card required.
Clearbit Connect is one of the best marketing tools for small businesses as its absolutely free to use.
Email Marketing Tool #10: BombBomb
BombBomb is a video email service. It helps you send personalized video emails to your prospects. This makes it one of the best email marketing software.
Still not convinced?
Videos in emails boost its engagement rates. BombBomb allows you to send video emails right from your inbox. You can record and send videos easily, or do screen recording for the video. You can also get an animated preview of your video so that customers can see it right away.
- Integration with Gmail, Salesforce, and Outlook
- Allows sending video emails and previews right from your email inbox
- Android and iOS app versions let you take videos from your smartphone and embed them in emails with one click
- Efficient email tracker
- Weekly podcasts for explaining video marketing best practices
- Webinars for troubleshooting the tool
- Live chat support
- The editor is a bit clunky
- Not very easy to use
- $468 per year per user
- 14-day free trial
- No credit card required
If you use email marketing for nurturing customer relationships, BombBomb is the right tool for you. It can humanize your brand generating delectable video emails that tell your brand’s story effectively.
Pro Tip: BombBomb is not just a video emailing tool that you use once in a while. Use its CRM-like capabilities and tracking to create end-to-end email marketing campaigns.
Email Marketing Tool #11: Cakemail
Cakemail is one of the finest email marketing platforms for small businesses because it provides a hassle-free email designing experience. It lets you send beautiful emails to multiple contacts at scale.
It has all the basic and fundamental features that you need in an email marketing tool. Easy import of contact list, easy to use email editor, testing, scheduling, personalization, tracking, this tool has you covered in all aspects.
- Appealing responsive emails with optimized fonts, colors, and layouts
- Ready-to-use email templates and content blocks
- Dynamic content and personalization
- Efficient contact management and segmentation
- Consent management to secure opt-in and opt-out from contacts
- Analytics and reporting
- Easy to use
- Efficient list management
- Sluggish performance when sending bulk emails
- Free trial
- No credit card required
- $8 per month
Best for freelancers and small businesses
Pro Tip: Use Cakemail to craft beautiful newsletters with personalized content and great layouts.
Email Marketing Tool #12: ConvertKit
ConvertKit is a powerful email marketing platform that has email automation capabilities. This email marketing tool can help you use your email list to grow your business. Bloggers can use easy-to-embed, customizable opt-in forms for readers.
- Customizable opt-in forms to get more subscribers
- Advanced segmentation based on interests and activities
- Automated emails to increase your conversions
- Time-sensitive broadcasts for bulk emailing
- Easy integrations
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Easy tagging and segmentation
- Great educational tutorials
- Users need technical knowledge to use this platform
- Migration from multiple lists to single list can be tricky
- $25 per month on annual basis
- Free plan for up to 500 subscribers
- 14-day free trial
This tool is great for online creators and businesses.
Pro Tip: Users will enjoy the flexibility that this tool offers. You can create a single consolidated list of contacts and then tag and segment them like you want.
Email Marketing Tool #13: EmailOctopus
EmailOctopus is an email marketing platform that helps you manage your email marketing campaigns with the help of Amazon SES.
You can also use pre-designed templates, analyze and optimize campaigns, and automate them. Store the details of your contacts and send bulk emails with no effort, within an automated workflow.
Want to know more of its features?
- An intuitive editor that lets you put together sleek emails
- Efficient automation to send bulk emails and drive conversions with ease
- Real-time analytics to capture granular metrics like clicks, opens, bounces, and unsubscribes
- 500+ integrations through Zapier
- Code-free collection of subscriber information through the WordPress plugin and embedded forms
- Pocket-friendly price
- Non-gimmicky features
- Limited features for collaboration
- Free Starter plan with 10,0000 emails a month
- Pro plan for $20 monthly with a cancel-anytime option.
It’s good for small and new businesses
Pro Tip: Use the savings calculator to find out exactly how much you will save after subscribing to this tool. In this way, you will be able to plan your marketing budget better.
Email Marketing Tool #14: FeedBlitz
FeedBlitz is an all-in-one email marketing service that helps you manage email marketing, RSS feeds and social media. It helps you convert your feed and blog updates into newsletters which are then delivered to your subscribers via emails.
You can segregate and manage multiple mailing lists, filter by content preferences, schedule and send bulk emails. It also enables social media sharing.
Wondering if this is the right tool for you?
Check out its features and pros.
- Fully-customizable email campaigns
- No cap on the volume of delivered messages
- Email subscription SmartForms
- Integrations with third-party apps
- Support for workflows related to ecommerce
- Real-time reporting
- Compatible with most CMS
- RSS-to-email feature
Limited number of templates
- $7 monthly or $49 annually
- Discounted plans for RSS-only users
- Branding of RSS feed at concessional rates
It can be used by bloggers, ecommerce vendors, small and mid-sized businesses, and agencies.
Pro Tip: If you publish posts on your website or blog regularly, use their RSS-to-email feature to share your posts via email with your contacts. You can also schedule them for later.
Email Marketing Tool #15: GetResponse
GetResponse is primarily an email marketing software solution. It imports, hosts, and captures data of mailing lists. It helps you create newsletters that can be sent to the subscribers on your mailing lists.
You can schedule and send bulk emails with the help of autoresponders. It provides you detailed analytics and other stats like click-through, open rates, and other metrics for your email marketing campaigns.
It’s also the best email marketing service for those who want to create landing pages as well.
- Workflow automation
- Autoresponders for automatic follow-up emails
- Advanced segmentation
- Unmatched delivery with the Perfect Timing feature
- Split testing of emails
- Drip campaigns on readymade funnels
- 24/7 live support
- Scalable pricing
- All-in-one solution
- Free email marketing courses
- Complex navigation
- Limited customization options
- $12.30 per month
- 30-day free trial
- No credit card needed, cancel anytime
Technologically-challenged users can also use this tool with ease. Marketers can create end-to-end funnels.
A case study published on their website states how an ecommerce client, LandCafe.pl, earned 54% sales through an educational email campaign which they made using GetResponse.
Pro Tip: Enroll in one of the free courses on the platform to improve your email marketing skills.
Email Marketing Tool #16: Infusionsoft
Infusionsoft automates the different sales and marketing processes including email marketing with the help of their platform.
It keeps all of your customer information in one place along with your communication history with them. You can personalize and send bulk emails. The email marketing integrates natively with your CRM processes. You can A/B test your emails to optimize your email marketing.
- Automate your workflows to ensure timely delivery of emails
- Unified dashboard to view all your interactions from a single place
- Personalized emails to both new and old subscribers
- Built-in CRM
- Content risk services to avoid spam filters
- All-in-one marketing platform
- Live coaching
- No free plans
- Long waiting period to access coaches
- $99 a month
- Free trial
- The first month is free if you purchase before April 30, 2020
It’s a good fit for SMBs that want functionality at par with Salesforce and Zoho.
Presidential Pools from Arizona, USA generated 4X leads using email campaigns that they made using Infusionsoft.
Pro Tip: You might find the tool’s user interface a bit overwhelming at first. If you feel overwhelmed, take advantage of the live coaching feature to learn how to use the tool in the best way.
Email Marketing Tool #17: Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a powerful email marketing tool for email automation.
Why, you ask?
Their easy to use drag-and-drop email builder and professionally designed templates help you execute email campaigns with ease.
You can schedule your emails and keep your customers engaged. Personalize and segment to send super-relevant emails. You can also use behavioral data to build relationships. And you’ll have a full analytics suite to track your email campaign’s performance.
- Visual journey designer to set up personalized customer journeys. This way, you can create more timely emails and drive revenue automatically.
- Segmentation features to create highly-targeted segments that increase email relevancy
- Hundreds of readymade email templates
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Countdown timer to create urgency
- Sign-up forms to build your contact list
- Feature-packed analytics suite
- 250+ seamless integrations with platforms like Shopify, Magento, and Facebook
- Can be used without coding/designing experience
- Suggestive tips for email formatting
- Affordable pricing
- Some features can be hard to find in their GUI (graphical user interface)
- Templates have restricted formatting options
- $9 per month
- Pay per campaign option also available
- Free trial but only for less than 5 contacts
It has a responsive interface that looks good on all devices and screen sizes.
The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation in Australia used Campaign Monitor to accelerate their email marketing. They saw an increase of 50% in their subscriber base. They found the tool to be 2X more productive than the other tools they have used for the same purpose.
Pro Tip: The tool’s scenario handling capability helps in smart contact segmentation. Use it to drill down upon narrow audience segments.
Happy with the options provided so far?
Read on to find more amazing tools for your business…
Email Marketing Tool #18: Litmus
Litmus is a comprehensive email marketing, design, and testing tool. It enables marketers to build, preview, test, and track their email marketing campaigns.
It’s the best email marketing service for those who want to build engaging emails quickly. Marketers can leverage it to catch errors and improve email performance as well.
Want to know the best part?
HTML changes can be applied and viewed at the same time. You can test and track the performance of your email campaigns with ease.
- Email creation and testing to ensure maximum deliverability and open rates
- Real-time tracking of sent emails
- Drag-and-drop web-based email editor
- Customizable, ready-to-use email templates
- Guided check of critical elements before you send your emails
- Collaboration feature to shorten your email review cycles and accelerate your campaigns
- Efficient HTML editor
- Robust spam tests
- Integrated dashboard
- Limited previews
- Hefty price tag
- $79 a month if paid annually (for 1 user)
- 7-day free trial
Litmus is meant for multi-user teams where collaboration and teamwork are required. For a single user, the tool doesn’t give value for money.
Pro Tip: Make use of their pre-send testing to see how your emails will render in different inboxes.
Email Marketing Tool #19: Mailgun
Mailgun is a transactional email API integration—a cloud-based service to send, receive, and track emails. It has excellent features for intelligent inbound routing, storage, and email validation.
It simplifies the process of sending transactional or bulk emails. It has searchable logs. You can scale quickly. You can use tracking and analytics to manage emails.
- Email ID validation
- Burst sending of up to 250,000 emails every minute
- A/B test of data
- An email API that sets up the platform in minutes
- Inbox placement to predict deliverability issues so that you can remediate on priority
- Generous threshold of 10K free emails
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.99% uptime SLA for high deliverability
- Lacks a responsive app
- Complicated navigation if you use multiple domains
- Free for 10K emails per month
- Paid plans start from $79 monthly
It’s best for developers who are looking for a simple email API.
Quantum Response Business used Mailgun to uplift their email marketing performance. According to a case study on Mailgun’s website, the mega-brand has recorded a 95% increase in their email sessions, which has boosted their website traffic.
Pro Tip: If you face any issues while using the platform, don’t hesitate to get in touch with their customer care team. They respond really quickly.
Email Marketing Tool #20: MotionMail
What’s unique about MotionMail?
MotionMail offers free countdown timers – an impressive email marketing tool for your emails. You can easily integrate the timer with your email marketing software and leverage the fear of missing out (FOMO) in your audience.
Countdown timers help you increase engagement, conversions, and sales from your emails. They help your subscribers take action by a certain date or time by creating a sense of urgency. And they can help marketers foster anticipation for upcoming events.
- Code-free application of countdown timers by using code snippets
- Visual and customizable countdown timers
- Timers compatible with different time zones
- Support for multiple languages
- Accurate tracking of timer impressions
- Free edition with a liberal view limit
- Unlimited timers
- No immediate testing feature
- Weak customer support
- Free version for 20K views
- 20% off on annual plans
- $10 per month
It’s a good resource for marketers who rely heavily on email marketing to drive sales.
Pro Tip: Use the countdown timer in transactional emails that promote limited-time sales and offers.
Email Marketing Tool #21: NewsletterBreeze
This is also a very handy email marketing tool for businesses that want to curate and send newsletters to their contacts, but do not have the time and resources to do it manually.
NewsletterBreeze generates content for newsletters by automatically gathering and curating content. It collects the best industry news from the web.
Want to know the best part?
You can integrate NewsletterBreeze with any email marketing software easily.
- Automated gathering and content curation feature
- Option to manually add content to your newsletters and send bulk emails via Mailchimp, Sendinblue, etc.
- Support for ecommerce stores
- News button
- Crated content
- Affordable price
- Efficient automation
- Limited features
- $17 a month
- Free for the first 15 days
It can be used by content marketers and small business owners.
Pro Tip: Embed the News Button in your browser to access the latest news at your fingertips and use it in your newsletters.
Email Marketing Tool #22: Sendbloom
Sendbloom is a sales automation platform. It is data-driven and helps create hyper-targeted email campaigns. Its smart crawlers and database help you get valuable contextual information about your prospects.
Sendbloom helps you create consistent sales processes and you can launch email marketing campaigns with ease using it. Marketers can tailor each email to ensure that they are highly relevant for the prospects.
- Segment designer helps you build campaigns of any granularity
- Campaign manager to track and analyze your campaign- and segment-level metrics
- Custom templates
- Integration with Gmail and Outlook
- Automated follow-up workflows for every contact
- Easy to use
- Granular analytics
- Auto-responses are viewed as replies
- No pricing information on the website
You need to contact them to get customized quotes.
It can be used for companies of all sizes.
Pro Tip: The Segment designer is Sendbloom’s unique feature. Use it to drill down into your contact list at prospect-level.
Email Marketing Tool #23: Sendy
Sendy is a self-hosted email and newsletter marketing software solution. It lets you send trackable emails through Amazon SES. You can send bulk emails at a low price with no compromise on deliverability.
- Easy-to-understand, customized reports of your campaigns
- Allows you to retarget segments of subscribers from your report
- List and subscriber management
- Bulk emails and newsletter via Amazon SES
- White-labeling of client accounts
- Cost benefit in bulk emailing
- Third-party integrations
- No list segmentation
- No support for RSS to email
- One-time free of $59
- $1 per 10,000 emails
It’s great for small brands that need bulk emailing to grow their business with minimum investment.
Pro Tip: Use Amazon’s reliable deliverability and affordability and do email campaigns at scale using Sendy.
Email Marketing Tool #24 Slik
Slik is an email prospecting tool that enables you to gather email addresses of the people through their LinkedIn profiles. No more manual prospecting.
This email marketing tool helps you improve your email marketing campaigns by finding email IDs. You can easily send bulk emails using email marketing services such as Mailchimp and Sendinblue after prospecting through Slik.
- Automated prospecting and lead generation
- Provides contextual data about your leads
- Advanced filtering system
- Huge database of verified contacts
- Easy to use
- Limited credits in low-end plans
- $70 per month
- Free trial
You can use it with most major email marketing tools.
Pro Tip: Use the prospecting tool to send transactional emails, not marketing emails so that you don’t get spammed for cold emailing.
Email Marketing Tool #25: Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a cloud-based email management service. You can easily create, execute, analyze, and track email marketing campaigns. Welcome, re-engage, and follow-up with your contacts automatically.
You can easily create integrated campaigns with social media, email, ads, and other modes.
Marketers can also track data and get insights from it to improve the email marketing campaign.
Mailchimp is one of the most widely used email marketing services for small businesses.
Want to know why? Let’s find out.
- Spam filter diagnostics
- Segmentation of contact lists by time zone
- Tools for social networking integration
- Integrated marketing CRM
- Integration with 300+ apps
- Exceptional support team that won 4 Gold Stevie Awards in 2020.
- Scalable pricing plans
- Support only with paid plans
- Phone support only with the top-tier plan
- Free plan with basic templates
- $9.99 per month
- Pay-as-you-go plan for infrequent senders
It can support both small startups as well as large enterprises. If you’re a WordPress user, Mailchimp is the perfect email marketing tool for you.
Pro Tip: Use mailchimp’s reliable analytics to discover insights about your email subscribers. Then, target them with the right message every time.
Mailchimp is one of the best marketing tools for small businesses as the basic plan is free to use. Its premium plans start from $10 per month.
Email Marketing Tool #26: ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is an all-in-one marketing automation platform. It helps you with email marketing and much more.
By using ActiveCampaign, marketers can turn leads into customers and repeat customers.
- Drag-and-drop campaign builder
- Advanced segmentation
- Personalization and dynamic content
- Drip campaigns
- Automated workflows
- Intuitive GUI
- Top-notch customer handling
- Affordable rates
- Restricted reporting options
- Integrating third-party apps can turn out expensive
- $9 per month, payable on a yearly basis
- Free trial
Want to know who should use this tool?
This is one of the best email marketing services for small businesses that features CRM and marketing automation tools. It’s the best email marketing service for those who want to segment their target audience too.
One of their clients, Screencastify, sent beautiful bulk emails informing their contacts about how the brand is helping educators teach remotely during COVID-19.
Pro Tip: If you’re a WooCommerce user, ActiveCampaign allows you to send automatic welcome emails and triggered emails.
Email Marketing Tool #27: Drip
Drip helps with email marketing automation for ecommerce businesses. It helps you send personalized emails to first time buyers, return buyers, customers who abandon their carts, and more.
It helps you build relationships with customers and simplifies your sales funnel. This email marketing tool also lets you send out drip emails to your customers so that you can reach them when the time is right.
This makes it one of the best email marketing services for small businesses.
- Visual workflow builder to design custom email campaigns
- Impressive customer tracking capabilities
- Ecommerce CRM integration
- Behavior-based workflows
- Personalized emails
- Powerful automation
- Integration with leading CRMs and ecommerce platforms
- Not the best templates
- Form builder has limited features
- $49 per month
- Free trial for 14 days
It’s best suited for ecommerce stores.
The Spice House vouches for Drip’s exceptional contact segmentation and customer support. They were able to uplift their promotional emails and broadcasts by using Drip’s powerful automation and personalization capabilities.
Pro Tip: Use their ecommerce-specific workflows like win-back emails and cart abandonment emails.
Email Marketing Tool #28: Sendloop
Sendloop is a smart, full-featured email marketing and marketing automation software solution. It helps you nurture leads, segment them, and then run highly targeted email campaigns. And it provides in-depth analytics.
It’s possible to send bulk emails up to 100k per month and you can easily increase your delivery rates with it too.
Sendloop Classic is the best email marketing service for small businesses and has a user-friendly and simple platform as well.
- 80+ free templates
- Managed Delivery Service for bulk emailing
- Drag-and-drop email builder
- Email slicers for segmentation
- Subscriber import
- Social media sharing
- On-premise option to run it on your own servers
- One-stop email marketing solution
- Responsive customer service
- No mobile-optimized emails
- Limited variety in plans
- $1750 per month
- Includes SNDS and Google Postmaster monitoring
- Includes 24/7 reputation management
It’s best for customers looking for a start-to-finish marketing automation solution. It is a single tool that will meet all of your marketing needs.
Connected Pictures is a film production company in London. They used Sendloop to streamline their email marketing. The tool helped them create always-on email marketing campaigns and get all their subscribers under one roof.
Pro Tip: Use the tool if you have scattered audiences or need targeted messaging for specific audience groups.
Email Marketing Tool #29: Omnisend
Omnisend is an omnichannel marketing automation tool that’s a rising star in the email marketing world.
With email marketing at its core, Omnisend offers powerful automation that not only allows you to automate your emails but improve email marketing results using other channels as well.
With Omnisend, you can add these channels into the same automation workflow: email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, web push notifications, WhatsApp, Viber, and more.
In this way, you can capture insights about subscribers from different touch points and create omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Sign-up forms for collecting email IDs
- Visual email editor
- Advanced segmentation
- A/B testing of critical email elements
- Many click-rate booster tools Product Picker and Gift Box
- Simple to set up
- Helpful tutorials
- Great customer service
- No RSS-to-email feature
- The interface is not very intuitive
- Free plan for 15K emails/day
- Paid plans starting from $16 per month
- All paid plans have a 14-day free trial
B2B, B2C, SaaS, and solo entrepreneurs can use the platform with ease.
One of Omnisend’s clients is The Cake Store. They made $37,000 by using the custom workflows in Omnisend. They have reported 32X more sales conversions since they started using Onmisend.
Pro Tip: If you own or promote an ecommerce store, Onmisend can take your store’s conversions to the next level. The tool is compatible with leading ecommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
Email Marketing Tool #30: Exponea
Exponea is a powerful platform to understand and communicate with your customers through emails and other customer touchpoints. Their full suite of email marketing tools will help you deliver the right messages to the right customers.
As a Customer Data & Experience Platform (CDXP), Exponea ingests, analyzes, and stitches together customer data to build 360-degree profiles of each of your customers.
Then it activates that data through omnichannel campaigns, helping you increase customer loyalty, increase revenue, and save time.
Want to know more? Read on.
- WYSIWYG and HTML editor
- Pre-built templates
- Optimal time prediction
- Built-in frequency policy to improve email open rates and deliverability
- Hyper-granular segmentations and customer filters
- Detailed analytics reports
- Sleek interface
- All-in-one marketing tool
- Responsive mobile version
- No free trial
Contact their sales representative to get a quote.
Medium and large companies in the B2C domain will find this tool handy.
Missguided, a leading fashion brand from the UK, is a client of Exponea. The tool helped them to segment their contact database and create more targeted campaigns. Their initial test mails received an open rate of 18% in the UK and 20% in the USA. They were also able to reduce their spam scoring and improve their sender reputation.
Pro Tip: Leverage the tool’s top-notch analytics to discover new insights about your contact. Use this business intelligence to create emails with the optimal message.
Email Marketing Tool #31: SendX
SendX is an intuitive, feature-packed, and affordable tool that can help you launch and execute unlimited email marketing campaigns.
This software enables you to design, schedule, and track multiple email campaigns, all in one place. You can easily broadcast email campaigns to your list and measure clicks and open rates. In case you are looking for one, this software also happens to be a great alternative to Mailchimp.
You can also automate your email sequences to ensure that you send the right messages to the right users at the right times.
- High-converting pop-ups, forms, and landing pages
- Real-time analytics to measure your campaign’s performance
- Drip sequences
- Contact segmentation
- Ready-to-use email templates
- Countdown timer
- Reliable customer care
- Continuous updates based on user feedback
- It doesn’t allow editing of settings once a campaign is rolled out
- No white labeling of sign-up forms and reports
- $7.49 per month
- Free trial
- No credit card required
With a pocket-friendly price point, SendX is a good email marketing tool for small- and mid-sized businesses with tight marketing budgets.
Pro Tip: Integrate SendX with your in-house CRM to fine tune its contact segmentation.
Bonus Tool: Zoho Mail
Zoho is an ad-free email hosting platform for businesses. It comes in the Office suite with Zoho Docs.
Zoho is an email marketing software service that lets you retain your emails across the organization. It also lets marketers create a domain for their businesses and set up custom email addresses.
You will be able to manage all incoming/outgoing emails, set individual quotas, and block unwanted emails. It comes with an.
- Powerful admin control panel
- Control over functions like domain management, group management, and email restriction policies
- Allows blocking unwanted emails
- Enterprise email
- Easy migration
- Robust eDiscovery portal for compliance with email retention rules
- 99.99% uptime
- Neat interface
- Easy integration with email clients using SMTP
- Faulty copy/paste functionality
- Pricing per user is steep
- $59 per month per user
- 5 GB space free
- 15-day free trial for the MAIL PREMIUM plan
- No credit card required
It’s a great tool if you manage your email marketing on the move. The Android app version is very efficient.
Rambal Limited is a client of Zoho. While signing up for Zoho, they were worried about migrating their mammoth contact database and securing their inbox. But they were in for a surprise. Zoho not only made their inbox impregnable but also ensured no productivity loss during the transition period.
Pro Tip: Use the powerful admin control panel to manage user access and permissions and simplify your delegation task.
Have You Decided Which Email Marketing Tool You Want?
Email marketing tools are a must-have for an effective email marketing strategy for your business.
Among other things, these email marketing tools ensure your carefully drafted messages don’t get blocked and reach your recipients at the right times. They can help keep your targeted group of customers engaged and involved.
Have you used any other email marketing tool that you’ve found helpful? We would love to hear about it. Please tell us about it in the comments.