Last Updated On:
Did you know that Google receives over 1.2 trillion searches every year? And in order for your website to stand out on page #1 of Google, you need a strong backlink profile among other things.
However, building links without proper backlink analysis can do more harm than good. Backlink analysis is the cornerstone of SEO, it shows you all the backlinks you have gained and their sources. It also requires that you analyze the backlinks of your top competitors. This will give you an idea of your website’s ability to rank well in search results.
Here are a few strategies that can help you build a strong backlink profile:
- Generate quality content that high-authority websites might want to link to.
- Leverage backlink analysis tools to analyze your own backlinks as well as those of your competitors to identify backlink opportunities.
- Start writing guest posts for high-authority websites and build quality backlinks to your website. Companies with a blog receive 97% more links to their websites.
You can also use backlink analysis tools.
Want to know which tools you should use?
Find out in the next section.
Ready to look at our curation of tools? Here are some awesome backlink analysis tools that you can use to build a strong backlink profile:
Image via SEOJet
If you want to build backlinks like a pro, SEOJet is the backlink analysis tool meant for you.
This end-to-end solution provider relies on a data-backed approach instead of guesswork to help you climb the SERPs.
You get to know what keywords and anchor text your competitors are using, which backlink profiles can work for your brand, and how to build an error-proof backlinking blueprint.
- Instantly build customized backlink plans for each page.
- Fix unnatural backlink profiles.
- Discover unlimited backlink opportunities from competitors backlinks.
- Access to heavily discounted members-only guest posting service.
Image via Ahrefs
Ahrefs can help you grow your search traffic, research your competitors, and monitor your backlinks. It provides you with all the tools you might need to track your backlinks and keywords.
You know what makes it so popular?
Read its features to find out…
- Learn why your competitors are ranking high.
- It provides you with ideas of how to outrank your competitors.
- And it can help you in searching for keywords and uncovering backlink opportunities.
- It can also help you with competitive analysis and web monitoring.
Image via Majestic
Majestic (formerly Majestic SEO) is the largest link index database and it specializes in backlink analysis. It has two link indexes: 1) Historic Index 2) Fresh Index. The historic index gets refreshed monthly while the fresh index gets refreshed daily.
- Majestic provides you with lots of features if you want to improve your backlink profile.
- The Majestic search engine is useful for SEO professionals, entrepreneurs, developers, and media analysts.
- Its Site Explorer tool helps you explore a domain/URL in detail.
- And its Backlinks History Tool helps you determine the number of backlinks to a domain.
Image via Monitor Backlinks
Monitor Backlinks is one of best backlink analysis tools. This is a must-have for SEO experts, marketers, and entrepreneurs.
Monitor Backlinks Features
- It helps you build high-quality links that can help you grow your website traffic.
- Monitor Backlinks can help you recover your valuable lost links.
- It allows you to track keyword rankings over time and analyze the impact of your backlink changes on your rankings.
Image via cognitiveSEO
cognitiveSEO helps SEO professionals and agencies improve rankings of their websites. You can increase the traffic to your website and monitor your site’s backlinks. It also provides you with an effective analysis of your marketing strategies and useful insights into your business.
- cognitiveSEO allows you to audit and improve your link profile.
- It sends you real-time notifications for the new links you have gained.
- cognitiveSEO offers a 14-day free trial.
- It also helps you assess your competitors’ link strategy and identify valuable link opportunities.
Image via SEO SpyGlass
SEO SpyGlass helps you with backlink research, cleanup, and competitive analysis. You can find all links to a domain with their powerful backlink index, SEO PowerSuite Link Explorer.
SEO SpyGlass Features
- It guards you with efficient and advanced safety features.
- You can create clear and catchy backlink reports.
- It runs on multiple platforms.
- You can spot traffic-generating backlinks.
Image via SEMrush
SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing tool that can help you develop an effective content marketing strategy. It includes innovative features like link audits that can give your business a serious edge.
- SEMrush analytics report will give you insights into your competitors’ strategies.
- It helps you conduct a deep link analysis and shows the types of backlinks you have.
- You can check the Domain Authority of links to your website and your competitors.
- It allows you to track the geo-location of your backlinks.
Image via Backlink Watch
Backlink Watch is one of the best backlink analysis tools to help you stand out prominently in SERPs.
Backlink Watch Features
- It shows you anchor texts of all your backlinks.
- Backlink Watch also provides pagerank and shows you all your outbound links.
- It has an available nofollow flag for inbound links.
- And it lets you know the total outbound links on a page.
Image via Moz Link Explorer
Link Explorer is one of the best backlink analysis tools used by many marketing professionals. With the help of Link Explorer, you can build a strong backlink profile.
Want to know more? Let’s look at some of its key features.
Link Explorer Features
- Discover domains that link to your website.
- Uncover link building opportunities by comparing the backlink profile of your competitors.
- Check the Domain Authority of websites that link to you and your competitors.
Image via LinkResearchTools
LinkResearchTools has a set of SEO reporting and analysis features. This tool helps you build low-risk links, protect your rankings, and learn from your competitors’ link strategy.
- It helps you identify toxic links and protect your rankings.
- LinkResearchTools helps you build more backlinks to grow your organic traffic.
- You can use this tool to identify valuable link opportunities.
- It enables you to learn from your competitors’ link strategies and mistakes.
- You can save yourself from a Google Penalty.
Image via Serpstat
Serpstat is a growth hacking tool for PPC, SEO, and content marketing. This is an exceptional tool for those who want to make money from their website.
Want to know more? Read its features to find out.
- This backlink analysis tool gives you access to your complete backlink data in one place.
- You can keep track of your competitors’ backlink strategies.
- And it can help you identify pages that attract maximum backlinks.
Image via OpenLinkProfiler
OpenLinkProfiler is one of the most useful backlink analysis tools that can help you build a strong backlink profile.
- It helps you identify potentially harmful links to your site.
- OpenLinkProfiler is a free link research tool that helps you analyze the backlinks of a website.
- It allows you to find pages that drive the maximum number of links.
- This tool sends you email notifications for every newly discovered link.
Image via Linkody
Linkody is a reliable link management and monitoring tool. It is the easiest way to track your link building campaigns for your clients or for your website.
- It gives you insights into your competitors’ link building strategies.
- Linkody easily identifies low-quality or spammy links.
- It analyzes your link profile using a large number of metrics.
- And it tracks and monitors your backlinks 24/7.
Image via Kerboo
Kerboo is one of the most efficient backlink analysis tools available today. This tool is used by many brands, agencies, and SEO professionals to improve their link profiles.
- Kerboo removes all spammy links from your website and ensures that they don’t reappear in the future.
- You can combine multiple link data sources into one true view of the links.
- This tool helps you get a grip of any link related issues or opportunities.
Image via Traffic Travis
Traffic Travis is a feature-packed tool that helps SEO professionals to improve their link profile and search rankings. This tool allows you to identify high-quality sites and build quality links.
Traffic Travis Features
- It helps you identify valuable link opportunities and build a strong backlink profile.
- Traffic Travis allows you to analyze your competitors’ link building activities.
- You can learn from your competitors’ link behavior, mistakes and successes.
Bonus Tool: Rank Signals
Image via Rank Signals
Rank Signals is a useful backlink checker tool. It helps you discover your competitors’ backlinks, identify new link opportunities, and improve your link profile.
Rank Signals Features
- It helps you with competitor analysis so you can identify your competitors’ best links.
- This tool helps you identify spammy and bad links.
- Rank Signals link explorer identifies and tags nofollow links.
Ready to Start Using These Tools?
Backlink analysis tools are extremely useful in helping you build a strong backlink profile. They can help you analyze your competitors’ backlinks so you can devise strategies to outrank them. Use the backlink analysis tools mentioned above to increase your website’s credibility and traffic.