- The best time to post on X (formerly Twitter) is from Tuesdays to Thursdays, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST
- You can find the best time to post on X for your account using the Analytics dashboard. Log into your X account > X Analytics.
X (formerly Twitter) has over 541 million users with 500 million posts sent out daily. This massive activity level makes it a powerful platform to promote your brand.
Unlocking the true potential of X as a powerful marketing and communication tool requires more than just posting content randomly. You must understand when to engage your audience effectively.
X recently started its ad revenue-sharing model with creators, which will help you earn money based on user engagement and reach. Getting paid for what you’ve always done for free is not bad, right?
But how can you make the most of this opportunity?
Timing is everything on social media.
Knowing the best times to post on X (formerly Twitter) will help maximize your content’s reach and boost user engagement.
In this article, I’ll dig into industry studies to uncover the best time to post on X (formerly known as Twitter). I’ll also interpret the science behind optimizing your posting schedule to help you grow your X followers.
Read on to unravel the secrets of perfect timing for posting success.
What Are the Best Times to Post on Twitter (now X)?
Guidelines from various analyses of X user behavior suggest that weekdays tend to have higher engagement on the platform than weekends.
Most users are active during business hours, especially from Tuesdays to Thursdays.
The best times to post on X are:
- Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Many people check X during their breaks. So, posting during lunchtime, around 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., is effective. Another peak time is after work hours—5:00 pm to 6:00 pm when users catch up on social media.
Users tend to check X (formerly Twitter) during their leisure time. Therefore, posting in the early evening, around 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, is also a good time.
If you have a global audience, you should post several times at different times of the day to cater to people residing in different time zones.
X engagement is lower during early mornings (before 8:00 a.m.) and late nights (after 10:00 p.m.). Over weekends, especially on Sundays, there’s very little engagement.
Remember: The best times to post on X may vary based on your target audience, location, and the content you're sharing.
Use X Analytics (formerly Twitter Analytics) to track engagement on your account and identify when your followers are most active and responsive. This data will help tailor your posting schedule for maximum impact.
Why Does Posting at the Right Time Matter?
Posting at the right times on social media impacts your content’s reach, engagement, and effectiveness.
There are millions of posts (formerly tweets) being sent out every minute. Just like all social channels, timing your posts on X can help you cut through the noise and ensure your content reaches your target audience when they are most active and receptive.
Here are some reasons why posting at the right time matters on X:
- Audience availability: X (formerly Twitter) has a global user base of over 541 million, and your followers might be in different time zones. Posting at the right time increases the chances of your content being seen.
- Increased engagement: Posting when your audience is online increases your chances of receiving likes, reposts (formerly retweets), comments, and click-throughs.
More engagement boosts the visibility of your posts (formerly tweets) and signals to the X algorithm that your content is valuable and relevant.
- Increased virality potential: X’s algorithm often highlights posts that gain traction quickly. Posting at the right time increases the likelihood of your post catching the attention of others, leading to reposts and increased exposure.
- Time-sensitive content: Some posts are time-sensitive, like event promotions, news updates, or limited-time offers. Posting at the right time ensures that your message is relevant and reaches your audience before the opportunity expires.
X's recommendation algorithm considers your engagement metrics such as likes, reposts, and replies to determine the visibility of your posts. If your posts receive good engagement shortly after publishing, they are more likely to be shown to a broader audience.
How to Find the Best Time to Post on X (formerly Twitter)
Finding the best time to post on X involves understanding your target audience's behavior and analyzing data to identify patterns of high engagement.
You can use X Analytics or other Twitter (X) marketing tools to find out when to post on the platform based on your account activity.
Method 1: Find the Best Time to Post on X Using X Analytics
X Analytics is a built-in tool that provides data about the performance of your posts on the platform. To access it, log in to your X Analytics and click “Get Started.”
X Analytics provides data to help you identify the best days and hours to post your content, including:
- A summary of your impressions, mentions, profile visits, and followers over the last 28 days
- Your posts’ activity, including likes, engagement rate, clicks, and replies
- Your top post, top follower, and top mention
- Video activity, including total minutes viewed and retention
Method 2: Find the Best Time to Post on X Using Third-Party Analytics Tools
Sprout Social is a robust social media management and analytics platform that caters to businesses and digital marketers.
It provides comprehensive features to help you manage your social media presence and make data-driven decisions to improve your performance.
When finding the best time to post on X, Sprout Social offers:
- Reporting and analytics features: Sprout Social provides detailed performance reports and analytics for your X account. You can track engagement metrics, follower growth, and other key performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of your posting strategy. Analyzing the data lets you fine-tune your posting schedule for better results.
- Audience engagement insights: It gives in-depth audience insights, including data on when your followers are most active on X. These insights help you identify peak engagement times and determine the best times to schedule your posts for maximum reach and interaction.
- Time zone optimization: If your X audience is dispersed across different time zones, Sprout Social allows you to schedule your posts based on the time zones of your followers to ensure your content is delivered at the right time, wherever they are.
- Content calendar: Sprout Social offers a content calendar that allows you to plan, schedule, and manage your posts in a visually organized manner. The calendar view helps you see your posting schedule at a glance and identify any gaps or overlaps in your content distribution.
- Team collaboration: Multiple team members can collaborate on social media management using this tool, making it easier to maintain a consistent posting schedule.
You can utilize Sprout Social's analytics and scheduling features to understand your audience's behavior, optimize your posting schedule, and improve your X account performance.
Pro tip: Once you've identified the best posting times, try to maintain a consistent schedule. Consistency helps your audience know when to expect content from you, leading to better engagement and a more loyal following.
SocialPilot is a social media management tool that allows you to schedule and manage posts across various social media platforms, including X.
It provides analytics for your posts’ performance to help you determine the best time to post on X and optimize your posting schedule.
- Scheduling: SocialPilot enables you to schedule posts in advance. This feature allows you to plan and spread your posts throughout the day or week, even when you might not be available to post manually. You can assess which posting times result in higher engagement by scheduling posts at different times.
- Time zone options: SocialPilot allows you to target specific time zones for your scheduled posts. If your audience is dispersed across different regions, this feature allows you to reach them when they are most active.
- Team collaboration: If you are part of a team managing an X account, this platform offers collaboration in scheduling and posting posts. This can help ensure consistent posting throughout the day, enhancing your chances of reaching your audience at the right times.
By analyzing the performance of your posts through SocialPilot, you can identify peak engagement times and schedule your content accordingly.
You can also adjust your posting schedule in SocialPilot based on the data from X Analytics to optimize your content's reach and engagement.
Buffer allows you to schedule and manage posts across various social media platforms.
Buffer doesn't provide its own analytics for determining the best time to post on X. However, it offers features that can help you optimize your posting schedule and work effectively with X Analytics.
You can schedule posts from the Buffer dashboard based on your X Analytics data about audience behavior, such as the days and times when they are most active and engaged.
Create a posting schedule within Buffer that aligns with the peak engagement times.
Buffer allows you to set specific times for your posts and take advantage of their suggested posting times based on industry data.
Remember: The timing of your posts should align with the content you are sharing. Some posts may be time-sensitive, while others might be evergreen. For time-sensitive content, post it when it's most relevant, but for evergreen content, you can schedule it strategically during peak engagement hours.
The Best Times to Post on X (formerly Twitter) by Industry
The best times to post on X vary by industry due to differences in audience behavior, demographics, and time zones.
The table below shows the best times to post on X for specific industries.
|Industry||The Best Time to Post on X|
|Technology||Tuesdays to Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Entertainment||Fridays to Sundays|
|Hospitality and Travel||Tuesdays, 10:00 p.m.|
Wednesdays, 8:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 p.m.
|Healthcare||Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Finance||Weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Fashion||All days, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.|
|Education||Mondays to Thursdays, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
What Do Studies Say About the Best Days to Post on X?
Sprout Social researched the best days to post on X in 2023. The study analyzed over 20,000 Sprout Social customers' X profiles over 12 months to determine engagement patterns.
The study found that posts on Tuesdays and Thursdays had the highest engagement rates, making them the best days to post on X (formerly Twitter).
Saturdays and Sundays saw the lowest engagement rates on X, aligning with the common observation that social media activity tends to dip during the weekends and picks up during the workweek.
Another study by Hootsuite found that the best day and time to post on X is Friday, 9:00 a.m. PST.
HubSpot surveyed marketers and asked about the best time to post on X. The study found that Friday and Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., are the best times to post on X.
Most studies emphasized consistency in posting times is more important than posting at specific “best” times. Maintaining a consistent posting schedule ensures that your content reaches your audience regularly, increasing the likelihood of engagement.
9 Factors to Consider When Picking the Best Time to Post on X
When trying to identify the best time to post on your X account, consider factors that go beyond the standard data from X Analytics or social media management tools.
Some of these factors include:
- Target audience: Understand your target audience's demographics, behaviors, and interests. Different audiences have distinct habits when it comes to using X. For instance, posting during business hours might be more effective if your audience consists of professionals.
- Content type: Some content types may perform better at specific times. For instance, visually appealing content, like images or videos, may perform well during evening hours.
- Engagement goals: Align your posting schedule with your engagement goals. If you aim for more reposts (formerly retweets) or replies, posting when your audience is most active and attentive is crucial.
- Industry and niche: Consider the industry you are operating in. As discussed, different industries have specific peak hours for X activity.
- Geographic location: Take into account the geographic location of your audience. If your followers are in one time zone or region, adjust your posting schedule to align with their local time.
- International audience: If you have a global audience, consider using different posting schedules for different time zones to maximize engagement across various regions.
- Event timing: Factor in significant events, holidays, or conferences related to your industry that may impact X activity. Posting relevant content during such events can boost engagement.
- Competitor analysis: Analyze your competitors' posting patterns. Identify when they receive the most engagement and consider aligning your schedule with those times.
- Seasonal changes: Be aware of any seasonal changes that might affect your audience's behavior on X. Different times of the year may see varying levels of engagement.
Don't be afraid to experiment with posting times and content types. Track the performance of your posts over time and iterate your posting strategy based on the results.
Watch Your X (formerly Twitter) Presence Flourish
Determining the best times to post on X is important for the success of your social media strategy.
There are several guidelines based on industry studies. However, it's important to remember that your audience is unique, and their behaviors may differ from trends.
Analyzing your X Analytics and understanding your audience is the key to finding an optimal posting schedule for your account. As you experiment with different posting times and strategies, keep a close eye on your engagement metrics and be willing to adapt.
Finding the best times to post on Twitter (now X) is not a one-time task but an ongoing process of refining your approach based on feedback and real-time data.
What is the best time to post art on X (formerly Twitter)?
The best time to post art on X is Tuesday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. As said, ensure you experiment with posting times and check your Analytics to find the best time to post on X.
What is the best time of the day to post on social media?
The best time of the day to post on social media varies based on the platform and your target audience. The table below shows the best times to post on different social media platforms according to HubSpot’s study.
|Platform||The Best Time to Post|
|Monday, 10:00 a.m. PST|
|Monday, 9:00 a.m. PST|
|X (formerly Twitter)||Friday, 9:00 a.m. PST|
|Monday, 1:00 p.m. PST|
|TikTok||Sunday, 1:00 p.m. PST|
How to get more views on X (formerly Twitter):
To get more views on X, follow these tips:
- Create compelling and valuable content that resonates with your target audience.
- Include eye-catching images, videos, and GIFs to make your posts stand out.
- Use industry and trending hashtags to increase the reach of your posts.
- Tag relevant influencers or brands and mention them in your posts to increase visibility and engagement.
- Interact with your followers and others in your industry through replies, reposts, and likes.
- Publish your posts (formerly tweets) when your audience is most active and likely to engage with your content.
- Share valuable content from others and they might reciprocate, exposing your profile to new audiences.
- Join trending discussions and relevant conversations to increase your visibility.
How many posts (formerly tweets) should I publish per day?
Posting too frequently may overwhelm your X followers while posting too infrequently might cause you to miss engagement opportunities.
Aim for quality over quantity.
It's better to publish fewer posts with valuable content rather than flooding your followers' timelines. Start with a few well-timed posts per day, monitor your engagement, and adjust your posting frequency based on the response you receive.