- Instagram Reels Hashtags can increase the discoverability of your Reels and help you gain more followers and leads.
- The right hashtags allow interested Instagrammers to find your brand or business and connect with it.
- Using a mix of popular and niche-specific hashtags can help you reach a wide audience.
- Instead of adding some random hashtags to Reels, use a good hashtag generator tool to find the right tags and track the performance of your Reels.
Are you looking to reach a wider audience on Instagram for better engagement and leads? Sharing Reels with the right hashtags can help!
Instagram Reels hashtags can put your content in front of the right audience and encourage them to interact with your brand or business. If you use Instagram for business, relevant hashtags can help you reach your prospective customers and increase profits.
In this article, I will tell you how to find the right hashtags for your Instagram Reels. I will also share a list of the top 230 hashtags that can boost the discoverability of your content on the platform and benefit your business.
What are Instagram Reels Hashtags?
Instagram Reels Hashtags are some simple words or phrases that help categorize Reels on Instagram, making it easier for users to find content around a specific topic in one place. They are one of the most powerful Instagram marketing tools that you can use to boost the visibility of your brand or business on this social media site.
The following are some Instagram hashtag basics to keep in mind:
- A hashtag always starts with the hash (#) symbol.
- A hashtag does not contain spaces and symbols.
- Short and specific hashtags are best for Instagram Reels and posts.
Why Should You Use Hashtags for Instagram Reels?
Instagram hashtags help you connect with a specific group of people who are likely to engage with you or buy your products, benefiting your brand or business. Using the right hashtags will also make your content easily discoverable on the platform, along with other Instagrammers’ content.
Here are some reasons why you should use hashtags for Instagram Reels:
- To boost the visibility of your Reels: Hashtags can make your Reels appear higher on the Instagram “Explore” Page. Getting your Reels on the “Explore” Page of Instagram can help you reach a wider audience and boost followers and engagement.
- To grow your audience: As more users see your reels, so is your potential to increase your customer or client base.
Instagram allows users to follow hashtags that interest them. So, when a user follows a specific hashtag, Instagram Reels with that particular hashtag will appear in their Feed. Hence, hashtags can help you reach non-followers and give you the opportunity to convert them.
- To make your content discoverable to the target audience: Hashtags categorize content and increase their discoverability on the platform.
For example, if you have a coffee shop, you can use hashtags such as “#coffeeshop”, “#coffeeaddict”, “#coffeetime”, “#coffeelover”, and “#ilovecoffee” to reach your target audience.
You can also use location-specific hashtags, like “#hustoncoffeeshops” or “#dallascoffeeshops”, for better reach and more leads.
Location-based hashtags will make your coffee shop easily discoverable to coffee lovers in the locality. When someone runs a search for coffee shops in Huston or Dallas on Instagram, your Reel is likely to appear higher on their search results.
- To connect with like-minded people: Hashtags help create a community of like-minded people that are open for collaboration, exchange of engagement, and brand boosting. Rather than creating a community of your own, you can use some existing hashtags of other Instagram pages or communities with a good number of posts.
For example, for your coffee shop business, you can use some popular existing hashtags such as “#coffeeshop”, “#coffeeshopvibes”, and “#coffeetime”.
Adding a few popular hashtags to your Reels allows you to join other community conversations, making your business visible to prospective customers.
These are some reasons to use Instagram Reel tags.
Keep in mind that adding some random hashtags to your Reels just to gain more visibility is counterproductive. Irrelevant hashtags can lead to a shadowban and affect your profile’s visibility and engagement. Instead, use hashtag generator tools to find the best Reels hashtags that can boost engagement and benefit your business.
Also, do some research on how to use hashtags to promote the presence of your brand on the platform and achieve your desired results. For example, you must not use too many hashtags as they may appear spammy to users.
Top 230 Hashtags for Instagram Reels
Even if you have a perfect Instagram caption with the right keywords, a set of trend-worthy hashtags is key to make your content visible to the right audience and generate engagement.
I have curated a list of the most popular hashtags for Instagram Reels for some top categories, such as food, fitness, fashion, travel, parenting, funny, cute, technology, and trending. Make sure you use your discretion in using them, adding only what’s relevant to your brand or business.
Best Instagram Hashtags for Food Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Fitness Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Travel Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Fashion Reels
- 100. #kidsfashion
Best Instagram Hashtags for Parenting Reels
- positive parenting
Best Instagram Hashtags for Funny Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Cute Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Technology Reels
Best Instagram Hashtags for Trending Reels
Popular hashtags for Instagram Reels
These are some of the top Instagram Reels tags that you can use to grow your presence on this social media site and gain new followers and leads.
A few tips:
- Use a mix of niche-specific and trending Reels hashtags for your Instagram Reels.
- Choose hashtags that aim to attract real customers rather than spammers. For example, a hashtag like “#followforfollowback” or “#followback” can help you gain followers but not customers or people who would actively engage with your Instagram content.
- Use only 3-5 relevant hashtags within the caption.
- If you want to add more hashtags to your Instagram Reels, add them as a comment.
How to Find the Best Instagram Reels Hashtags for Your Brand
If you really want your Instagram posts to perform well, you may have to put some effort into it. I will share a few tips that can help you find the best hashtags for your Instagram Reels:
1. Check Reels on the Explore Page
Instagram’s “Explore” page primarily shows Reels similar to yours that are garnering lots of engagement on the platform. View some of the top Reels relevant to your niche and check the hashtags that were used.
For example, if you are posting travel-related Reels on Instagram, the “Explore” page will show some of the top and trending travel content which will include both photos and Reels. Tap on a couple of Reels and view the hashtags to get a fair idea of the ones that will put your content in front of your target audience to boost engagement.
2. Use Instagram’s Search Function
Tap the magnifying glass icon at the end of your Instagram page and you will see a Search box at the top of the screen. You can use this Search box to find the right hashtags for a specific topic.
For example, to find hashtags for Travel Reels, type “Travel Reels” in the Search box and then tap the “Tags” option at the top of the screen. This will generate a list of the best hashtags for travel Reels.
3. Use Hashtag Research Tools
Hashtag research tools can generate the right hashtags for your Instagram Reels and save you from manually finding the relevant ones. Some of these tools can also help you track how your hashtags are performing.
The following are some popular hashtags generator tools that you can use for your Instagram content:
Tailwind’s Hashtag Finder:
Tailwind’s Hashtag Finder helps you find the best hashtags for your Instagram content. Simply type a relevant Caption for your content and the app will generate a list of the best hashtags you can use.
Key features of Tailwind’s Hashtag Finder:
- The app displays color-coded tag options for Niche, Good, Best, and Competitive hashtags that makes the entire process a breeze. You can easily choose the right combination of hashtags for your Instagram Reels to reach your target audience.
- With the Tailwind Hashtag Finder tool, you can also choose to auto-post hashtags in the first comment.
- You can save your favorite hashtag lists and use them for your future posts.
- Tailwind allows users to schedule content for the entire week.
- The tool has a “forever-free plan” that you can use for 1 Instagram account, 1 Facebook account, and 1 Pinterest account. This plan allows you to schedule up to 20 posts/month for free across different social media sites.
Inflact is yet another AI-based Instagram hashtag generator tool that you can use for the right hashtag suggestions. This smart tool can analyze keywords, photos, or post URLs and generate the best hashtags for your content.
Key features of Inflact:
- You can enter up to five key phrases to generate hashtags by keyword. This can help expedite the hashtag research process.
- Based on the popularity of hashtags, Inflact segregates them into Frequent, Average, and Rare. Adding more frequently-used hashtags will limit the discoverability of your IG Reels in searches. Rarely-used hashtags are good to boost the visibility of your content.
- The tool has a readymade trending hashtags list for different niches, such as travel, food, fitness, fashion, and photography.
- The tool can analyze Instagram profiles for free.
- Inflact is also a good hashtag tracking tool. It can measure the performance of hashtags so you can make changes to your Instagram marketing strategy accordingly.
Aside from these, you can also use some other popular Instagram hashtag generator tools like HashTagsForLikes, Flick, Kicksta, and All Hashtag to find relevant hashtags for Instagram Reels in a jiffy.
How Do Hashtags Work on Instagram Reels
If you are still wondering how hashtags work on Instagram Reels, I’ll explain it with a few examples:
- Helps categorize content: When you use a hashtag for your Reel, Instagram adds the Reel to that hashtag page. Instagrammers following the hashtag page can see your Reel, and this can help boost engagement and generate new leads. Hashtags also help other users find the product or service they are looking for in one place.
For example, suppose you have a coffee shop in Orlando. You create a Reel on Instagram and use some relevant hashtags for it, such as “#coffeeshop”, “#orlandocoffeeshops”, and “#orlandocoffee”.
If a prospective customer runs a search for coffee shops in Orlando or follows any of the hashtags you have used, they can see your Reel there. This increases your odds of connecting with new people and gaining more customers.
- Boosts visibility: Hashtags can make your content visible on the “Explore” page of users who use the same hashtags or engage with content containing the same hashtags.
For example, you have a travel page on Instagram and you use hashtags like “#travel”, “#travelmore” and “#traveladdict” for the photos and Reels you share with your audience. If you visit the “Explore” page of your Instagram account, you will find content containing one or more of the same hashtags.
Similarly, you have an Instagram travel page and you watch health and fitness Reels often. So, along with travel content, you will also see content related to health and fitness on the “Explore” page.
- Grows business organically: Hashtags make your Reels discoverable to the right audience, the ones who will be interested in your products or services. Hence, relevant hashtags for Instagram Reels can help you gain organic followers and prospective customers.
Suppose you have an online clothing store for kids. The right hashtags, such as “#kidsclothing” and “#kidsclothes” will make your brand visible to Instagrammers who are looking for the kind of products you sell. This can help generate new leads and increase your sales and profits.
These are some top ways how hashtags work on Instagram Reels. The right # for Instagram Reels can step up your Instagram game and benefit your brand or business.
Use the Best Instagram Reels Hashtags to Maximize Engagement
Instagram Reels hashtags label or categorize content and help both content creators and other users. Relevant hashtags can make your Reels visible to people who are likely to engage with your content and buy your products/services.
To get an idea about the best # for Instagram Reels, you can check the hashtags used in some of the top-performing posts on the “Explore” page. Hashtag generator tools can also help you with a quick hashtag search.
So, if you want your Reels to reach the right audience, make sure you put in some effort to find the best hashtags.