Managing projects can be chaotic. You need to keep track of deadlines, budgets, work progress, ROI, and more. Even the best project managers can struggle to keep up with the workload. That’s where project management tools can come in handy.
With project management software solutions, you can easily allot tasks, track time, collaborate with other team members, and do much more. They can also help you mitigate risk by helping you discover the shortcomings of any project.
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).
The Best Project Management Tools for Your Business
So, which is the best project management tool out there?
It totally depends on what you’re looking for. To help you out, I’ve compiled a list of the top project management tools for your business:
Dropbox is a cloud-based project management tool that enables you to share files with your team members for better collaboration. It allows you to access your data from anywhere on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- You can recover deleted files (within a limited time period).
- Save and restore various versions of your document.
- Its advanced sharing enables you to grant sharing access to only certain important files within a folder.
- Share large media files easily with anyone with a shared link.
- Protect your shared links with passwords for increased privacy.
- It seamlessly integrates with other popular apps like Slack, Zoom, Okta, and others.
Dropbox has different plans for individuals and businesses, starting from $9.99 and $15 (per user) per month, respectively.
Image via Dropbox
Microsoft Project comes with an intuitive design that helps you manage your daily tasks and organize your projects. It comes with both cloud-based or on-premise options. It is easy-to-use and comes loaded with some powerful features.
- Assign tasks to colleagues and add scheduling when needed.
- Get the flexibility to customize your project view. You can choose between boards, visual timelines, and grids.
- Access pre-built reports to track your progress on multiple projects, portfolios, and resources.
- With timesheets, you can capture the total time you’ve spent on invoicing, payroll, and other purposes.
- Work as a co-author and collaborate easily with your stakeholders.
- Build interactive and visual roadmaps for your projects.
Its cloud-based solutions are priced between $10-$55 per user, per month. Its on-premise project management solutions start from $649.99.
This visual tool by Atlassian has a drag-and-drop dashboard that allows users to move tasks through the production process easily. It is perfect for startups and small organizations that don’t have a big budget for project management.
- Access your data in the Cloud, even on your phone.
- Integration with over 100 popular apps, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and others.
- Add due dates, comments, and attachments directly to your Trello cards for easy collaboration.
- Add labels and tags for better organization.
- Get alerts and notifications when your deadlines are near.
- Automate repetitive tasks with Trello’s Butler.
The basic plan is free. Its Business and Enterprise plans are priced at $9.99 and $20.89 per user, per month.
Image via Trello
Among Atlassian’s suite of project planning products, Jira is a powerful tool designed for agile teams. Particularly popular among software companies, Jira can help you with flexible planning, transparent execution, and more.
- Customize your workflows
- Customizable Scrum boards and Kanban boards
- See the big picture clearly with roadmaps
- Automate certain processes with its robust API
- Create custom filters using Jira Query Language
- Integration with multiple apps
Its basic version is free. Their Standard and Premium versions are priced at $7 and $14 per user per month, respectively.
Image via Atlassian
Asana is an excellent project management tool that is designed to help you manage all aspects of your project. With Asana, you can stay focused on your business goals. It helps you to keep track of your projects and eliminate all the roadblocks along the way.
- Build a Gantt chart in just a few minutes
- Automate your routine tasks and streamline your processes
- Monitor your work progress in real-time
- Integration with apps like Adobe Creative Cloud, Salesforce, and others
- Share your portfolios with stakeholders
- Pre-set rules for popular processes
Asana’s packages start from $10.99 per user, per month.
With Basecamp, you can divide your work into different projects. Each of these projects comes with all the tools that you need to improve collaboration and boost productivity. It includes real-time group chats, to-do lists, schedules, and more.
- Share your docs, images, and spreadsheets easily and organize them in folders
- Create automatic check-in questions for follow-ups
- Identify problems in your project with Hill Charts
- Pause your notifications to minimize interruptions while working
- Subscribe to events in Outlook, iCal, or Google Calendar
- Get control over what your clients can see in your projects
Basecamp Personal, which is great for light use, is free. Basecamp Business is priced at $99 per month.
Image via Basecamp
Wrike lets you stay on top of your progress, project deadlines, resource planning, and more. It comes with a simple drag-and-drop interface, which makes it easy to work on. It is designed to help organizations boost their efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor your progress and resource utilization in real-time
- Customize your workflow
- Get pre-built templates to standardize your processes
- Integration with apps like Salesforce, Tableau, Jira, and others
- Choose between different views, such as Reports, Dashboards, and Calendars
Wrike’s pricing plans start from $9.80 per user per month.
Image via Wrike
Smartsheet is designed to help you eliminate silos, streamline your workflows, and manage your projects effortlessly. Using this project management tool, you can track your budget, manage your resources, allot tasks, and do much more.
- Get reports with real-time updates
- Create customized forms to gather data from users on any device
- Visualize tasks and switch seamlessly between Gantt, calendar, grid, and chart views
- Get automated reminders to keep your teammates on schedule
- Seamless integration with G Suite, Outlook, Workplace Chat, and other apps
- Work on the go with Smartsheet’s mobile app
To get pricing details, get in touch with their sales team.
Project managers spend a lot of time sharing emails and sharing files. With Podio, you can communicate and collaborate with clients and vendors on different projects from a single platform.
- Communicate faster with its built-in chat feature
- Integration with Google Drive, Dropbox, and other apps
- Keep track of your progress and updates with Workspace dashboard
- Add comments to communicate with team members
- Modify the app to suit your needs
- Get instant notifications on your mobile app
Their basic plan is free. Paid plans start from $9 per user per month.
Image via Podio
Workfront gives you a 360-degree view of your projects. Right from the conception phases to completion, this project management tool allows you to manage the complete lifecycle of your projects.
- Get real-time updates
- Automate various processes and project steps
- Integration with Jira, G Suite, Slack, and other apps
- It supports regulatory requirements for data privacy, information security, and compliance.
- Use AI-powered technology to allot work based on skill, priority, and availability
- Seamlessly toggle between Agile and Waterfall views
Contact their sales team for pricing information.
Image via Workfront
Redbook is a web-based, flexible project management tool that helps teams stay organized and collaborate in a better way. It comes with an intuitive design that makes it easy for you to plan your projects.
- Sort, organize and tag your tasks with customizable Kanban boards
- Optimize workflow through visual project tracking
- Conduct team meetings and video conferences in HD
- Get in-depth productivity reports
- Track updates and deadlines at a glance with its dashboard
- Create task dependencies
Pricing plans start from $9 per user, per month.
Image via Redbooth
Notion is an all-in-one solution that can help you write, plan your tasks, as well as collaborate with others. Its drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to arrange your lists and keep your projects and task lists in order.
- Create customizable Kanban boards and calendars based on your needs
- Choose from 50+ templates or design your own workflow
- Make permission groups to give access to your whole team or to send an invitation to a colleague to a particular page
- Embed over 50 apps in Notion, including Twitter and CodePen
- Collaborate in real-time with comments and mentions
- Define your own tags to projects
Their free plan allows file downloads up to 5 MB. Their paid plans start from $4 per month.
Among the suite of Teamwork tools, Teamwork Projects helps you to collaborate with others effectively. From important milestones to tiny details, Teamwork Project is designed to help you plan it all.
- Get more visibility into your projects with Gantt Charts
- Create sub-tasks and milestones for better organization
- Control who gets access to project files with advanced privacy settings
- Collaborate easily and group your messages with their messaging app
- Time-tracking options for each project
- Personalize your dashboards
They have a free plan which is perfect for teams that have a maximum of five members. Their paid plans start from $9 per month.
LiquidPlanner is a project management tool that helps you plan your resources and collaborate effectively with your team. It is designed for the whole team, not just for project managers.
- Automatically updates your schedules when resources or priorities change
- Keep track of your team’s workload with Resource Workload Report
- Customize and share your dashboards easily
- Use mentions and hashtags for better collaboration
- Integrated timesheets to keep track of your time
- Create project reports easily
You can get a 14-day free trial. Their Professional plan is priced at $45 per user per month. For this plan, it’s compulsory to opt for the package for a minimum of five users.
Procore brings together powerful project planning, scheduling, and collaboration tools. It is easy-to-use and has dedicated solutions for project management, construction, IT, and other teams.
- Customize your dashboard
- Create online project plans with multiple views, including Gantt charts and Kanban boards
- Track time spent on projects
- Integrations with Quickbooks, Dropbox, and other apps
- Plan your resource schedule effectively with their calendars
- Collaborate in real-time with comments
Their pricing plans start from $15 per user, per month.
Image via ProjectManager
Procore is designed keeping in mind the needs of general contractors, sub-contractors, and small business owners. This mobile project management software aims to help them make better decisions and improve their efficiency.
- Real-time communication
- Instant updating of information
- Find out potential problems
- Integrated scheduling
- Time-tracking for projects
- Overlay and realign two drawings to see changes
Procore’s project management software solutions start at $375 per month.
Mavenlink aims to help you improve the way you execute your projects. This project management software can give you the insights that you need to make smarter business decisions.
- Use Gantt Charts for real-time visibility
- Make templates based on your most successful project plans
- Check the real-time health of your projects
- Get actionable data and forecast future trends
- Integration with tools like Jira, Sage Intacct, and others.
Their paid packages start from $19 per month (for 5 users).
Image via Mavenlink
18. Clarizen One
Clarizen One is designed to help you accelerate your team performance and get the most out of your projects. Using this tool, you can collaborate with your teammates effectively and improve your efficiency.
- Configurable UI and customizable workflow processes
- Share files, discussions, and emails with stakeholders
- Create up-to-date status reports automatically
- Create automated alerts, workflows, and processes
- Retrieve project data easily with Clarizen Bot
- Integration with Jira, Salesforce, Google Drive, and other apps
You can get a 30-day free trial. For pricing details, get in touch with their sales team.
This software solution enables you to plan and organize your tasks, and to collaborate with your teammate with ease in real-time. It makes it easy for you to keep track of deadlines and finish your projects on time.
- Visualize your resource planning to get a bird’s-eye view of your projects
- Built-in time-tracking tool
- Create invoices from billable records
- Add an unlimited number of clients
- Share real-time progress with clients
- Integration with Trello, Google Drive, Slack, and other apps
Their paid pricing plans begin from $4 per user per month.
Scoro is a business management software solution that also has features to help you plan your projects and work on scheduling. With this software solution, you can manage your entire project from a single dashboard.
- Schedule tasks and meetings
- Track billable and actual time for your projects
- Automate reminders for invoices
- Add multi-currency custom rates
- Get detailed financial reports
- Check project progress in real-time
Their paid pricing plans start from $26 per user, per month.
Image via Scoro
Planio is a web-based project management tool that enables project managers to manage their workflows effectively. It is designed to handle projects of all sizes.
- Track issues, bugs, and tasks with ease
- Plan sprints using Agile Kanban boards
- Automatically sync all your files across devices
- Discuss ideas with your team in forums or comments
Their plans start range from 19 € (approximately $21) to 149 € (approximately $166) per month.
Paymo is a platform that brings together scheduling, billing, time tracking, and task management capabilities in one platform. It is designed to help you streamline your work processes.
- Organize tasks with Kanban modules
- Make adjustments easily with Gantt Charts
- Automatic time tracker
- Customizable report builder
- See a visual timeline of your team’s work
- Integration with Adobe Creative Cloud, G Suite, Zapier, and other tools
Their free plan is perfect for freelancers. Their paid plans start from $9.56 per user, per month.
This project management software solution is best suited for managing client relationships, billing, customer care, sales, and marketing. It works well with all company sizes too.
- Get complete customer history and manage custom sales processes
- Has iOS, Android, and web apps
- Ability to get overviews of projects and apply dependencies
- Manage timesheets and send out invoices
- Communicate effectively with your team
- Handle customer support requests through live chat, web forms, and more
The Starter pack costs $78/month while the Team pack is priced at $195/month. Lastly, the Foundations package costs $395/month.
Image via WORKetc
This project management platform lets you color-code all your tasks so that you can get an overview of everything in a single glance. You can edit and reorganize your tasks with ease using this tool as well.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface
- iOS and Android apps available
- A special Icebox feature to help you save ideas
- Access either project view or team view depending on what you want to check
- Integrate it with Slack for quick communication with the team
- Sync to Toggl for time tracking
Free for up to 5 users. For more than 5 users, it costs $8 per user/month.
OpenProject is an open-source project management tool that helps project managers and teams collaborate seamlessly. It is designed to optimize productivity and comes with a host of amazing features.
- Create Gantt charts to manage processes
- Agile and Scrum project management
- Project planning and scheduling features
- Task management and team collaboration
- Bug tracking
- Time tracking, cost reports, and budgeting
Free Community Edition. The Cloud package comes for $5.51 per user/month, while the Enterprise version costs $6.67 per user/month.
Image via OpenProject
This software solution helps you plan, organize, and track your projects with ease. Manage the entire lifecycle of your projects with this feature-rich, easy-to-use tool.
- Intuitive boards for Kanban, Scrum, and other project types
- Time and task tracking
- Task and team management features
- iOS and Android apps
- Invoicing, reports, and analytics tools
- Integrations like PayPal, GitHub, and Stripe
Free trial available. Prices start at $6 per user/month.
Image via Nutcache
Project management doesn’t have to be complicated, and with MindGenius, it becomes simple too. From mind mapping to tracking, this tool has everything you need to manage your projects.
- Mind mapping tool
- Gantt view to help you manage timelines
- Special Kanban views to view and edit key information
- Manage resources with ease
- Monitor important information
- Manage and schedule tasks
A yearly subscription costs $188.80 for the first year and $66.08 from 2nd year. A perpetual subscription costs $302.08 and takes $54.96 from the second year for renewal.
Image via MindGenius
Kissflow is a platform that helps you manage, track, and optimize all your work from one place. From time tracking to project management, you can do it all on this tool.
- Collaborate with your teams
- Multiple ready-made project templates
- Kanban view to help you manage your projects
- Time tracking features
- Access via mobile (Android or iOS)
The Starter pack is available for free. The Growing package costs $200/month, while the Enterprise version costs $500/month.
This project management software solution is a goal-oriented tool for businesses and organizations looking to optimize their project management processes.
- Kanban boards
- View Gantt charts to figure out the progress of your project
- Create personal to-do lists
- Document management in a secure and structured manner
- Mobile apps for ease of access
- Online meetings to help you coordinate better with your teams
Projectplace is priced at $29 per user/month.
Image via Projectplace
Workzone is an all-in-one project management platform. It makes things easier for you by offering powerful visuals to help you keep track of everything.
- Ready-made and customizable templates
- Get an overview of all projects from your dashboard
- Auto-generated Gantt charts
- Personalized to-do lists to help you keep up with your tasks
- Create custom forms for people outside your team for project requests
- Easy collaboration with your team through comments
For pricing information and demo, you’ll have to get in touch with Workzone’s sales team.
Image via Workzone
ProofHub is a scalable cloud-hosted project management tool that can help you streamline all of your efforts. It offers a wide variety of tools and brings them all under a single roof.
- Discussion threads and messaging for easy collaboration
- Assign and prioritize tasks to get work done with Kanban boards
- Timesheets to help you track billable hours
- Assign custom roles to your team
- Detailed reports to help you track your project
- Ability to take down notes
The Essential plan costs $45/month while the Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89/month.
Image via ProofHub
ClickUp is a project management tool that can help you throughout the lifecycle of your projects. With its wide range of process and task management features, you can streamline all your work.
- Collaborate easily with real-time editing, commenting, mentions, and more
- Available on desktops, mobiles, smart speakers, and more
- Ability to customize fields, assignees, statuses, etc.
- Integration with Outlook, Zapier, Dropbox, Bitbucket, etc.
- Time tracking and estimation capabilities
- Checklist templates to simplify your project
Free for up to 100 MB storage. The Unlimited plan starts at $5 per user/month, while the Business plan costs $9 per user/month.
Image via ClickUp
33. NetSuite OpenAir
This project management tool is a professional service automation tool facilitating quick access to tools and information. It is the perfect match for on-the-go teams.
- Integrates with Microsoft Projects
- In-depth project management library
- Ability to create revenue and cost estimates
- Detailed Gantt charts
- Exceptions reports and project status summaries for clients
- Manage resources and timesheets
For pricing information, you need to get in touch with their team.
Image via NetSuite OpenAir
This project management platform is extremely easy to use, and this makes it one of the best ones out there. It’s best suited to manage PMO, workflows, and resources. It is also popular for considerably improving client – team collaboration.
- A completely customizable dashboard with pre-created widgets
- Drill-down charts to help you get a detailed overview of your project
- Multiple dashboards per user, including role-specific dashboards
- Optimized interface to use from Android, iOS, Tizen, and Windows
- Timesheets, multi-level workflows, and reminder emails
- Share files and updates with your colleagues and clients
Free trial available. The Cloud version costs $25 per user/month, while the On-Premise version costs $450/user.
This project management tool can help you achieve your project goals with ease. You can easily track your days, assign tasks to your team, and more using this tool.
- Collaborate with your team and assign tasks as well
- Ability to add sketches and other annotations to feedback
- Custom presentations for client approvals
- The version history of files and a centralized asset management solution
- Can add comments and due dates on tasks
- Groups feature to help you organize your employees into groups
Free for a single user. Price starts at $8 per user/month.
Image via Cage App
10,000ft is a project management tool that can help you plan your resources and projects right from the beginning to the end. Whether you have a small business or a full-fledged conglomerate, this tool is designed for all.
- Plan and manage your resources
- Schedule your projects and keep everyone informed as well
- Time tracking features such as predictive timesheets
- Budget and expense planning
- Ability to build custom reports
- Forecast staffing requirements using the utilization of heat maps
Contact their team for pricing information. Free trial available.
Image via 10,000ft
This project management platform is designed to enhance productivity, simplify all procedures, and allow the users to learn and grow faster.
- Allows you to plan multiple projects at a time
- Can create Gantt charts, WBS, etc.
- Seamless task management using milestones and split tasks
- Ability to manage portfolios by creating project structures and dependencies
- Easy integration with Microsoft Project
- Track costs easily and estimate budgets
For pricing information, reach out to their sales team.
Image via RationalPlan
ProWorkflow allows you to take complete control of your projects by helping you plan and manage them with ease. Whether you want to track time, reschedule projects, or assign tasks, you can do it all using this tool.
- Manage timeline to review your projects
- Mobile apps to help you work on the move
- Collaborate with your staff, clients, and contractors with ease
- Handle quoting and invoicing
- Templates for projects, invoices, quotes, and more
- File sharing and messaging capabilities
Free trial available. Prices start at $10 per user/month.
Image via ProWorkflow
Avaza is an all-in-one project management platform that provides you with every essential feature needed to run your business smoothly. Managing your tasks can be a breeze using this tool.
- List and Kanban views to track your tasks
- Gantt charts to plan and monitor your timelines
- Ability to comment on tasks and integrate emails as well
- Simple time-based billing and role-based security
- Customer collaboration to improve your transparency
- Automate recurring tasks and create project templates
Free for a single user. Paid plans start from $9.95 per user/month.
Copper simplifies project resource management for you by offering the latest technology and tools to help you streamline everything. It also offers communication tools to help you collaborate better with your team.
- Centralize everything under Copper for simplicity and efficiency
- Integrate it with Xerox and Microsoft Project
- iOS app for project management on-the-go
- Add tasks and track time manually
- Project calendar to help you get an overview of your day, week, or month
- Quoting and invoicing feature
Copper offers a 30-day free trial. Paid plans start at $49 per month.
Image via Copper
Glasscubes offers a secure workspace from where you can control your projects with ease. With seamless collaboration and communication, you can streamline your projects.
- Post and comment in the workspace to improve communication
- Share files with your team and get version history too
- Manage and assign tasks along with deadlines
- Plan projects through Gantt charts
- Online project workspace to get an overview of the tasks assigned
- Secure data center to ensure your data is always safe
Free trial available. Prices start at $35/month for 5 users.
Brightpod is a web-based project management and time tracking software solution. It’s specially designed for creative and digital marketing teams to help manage projects better.
- Create tasks and assign them to team members
- Set priority levels for your tasks
- Create to-do lists for yourself
- iOS and Android apps
- Editorial and blogging calendars
- Deep insights and reports for your projects
The platform offers a 14-day free trial. Paid plans start at $29/month.
This project management platform is extremely useful for teams looking to simplify their projects. From Kanban boards to timelines, this tool has it all.
- Manage timelines for each task
- Create task lists to organize your work and get a detailed overview of all tasks
- Sprint boards to help you improve your project
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Value/Effort chart to help you find important tasks
- Time tracking with reports to get a detailed performance overview
Free for up to 100 MB storage. Paid plans start at $7 per user/month.
ProjeQtOr is an open-source project management tool that offers a multitude of features to help you plan and manage your projects. It’s particularly built for IT projects. However, it can be used by all industries.
- Plan workload and constraints between tasks and resources
- Bug Tracker to help you monitor incidents
- Cost management solutions to help you track expenses and invoices
- Quality management to help you easily get ready for Quality Systems like ISO
- Detailed management for risks and opportunities
- Ability to monitor and record every event in your projects
ProjeQtOr is completely free to use.
This software solution helps you manage your timesheets and projects. It reduces your admin time and improves workflows as well, which allows you to concentrate on other tasks.
- Time and expense tracking in real-time
- Easy access to budgets and estimates
- Project scheduling using interactive Gantt charts
- Internal communication boards to help you coordinate with your team
- Task assignments and overview
- Advanced reporting capabilities
A free demo of the software solution is available. Paid plans start from $5 per user/month.
Image via FunctionFox
nTask is a project management solution for companies of all sizes and freelancers as well. It comes with all the important tools for organization along with team collaboration features.
- Interactive Gantt charts to visualize your projects
- Calendar planner to automate your schedule
- Integration with Zapier
- Track and manage time through an automated task timer
- Set priorities for issues
- Risk matrix to help you figure out the risks associated with each project
nTask is free to use for freelancers and individuals. Plans for SMEs and Startups cost $2.99 per user/month. For larger companies, the platform costs $7.99 per user/month.
Breeze is a simple project management tool that facilitates collaboration, planning, tracking, and the execution of projects. It helps you efficiently complete your projects.
- See overall progress of your projects from the dashboard
- Get reports related to tasks due, tasks completed, time tracking, and more
- Sync built-in calendar with Google Calendar, Outlook, and other calendars
- Assign tasks with ease along with due dates and colors
- Automate actions related to assigning tasks, tags, and colors
- Create to-do lists to organize your work better
A free trial is available. Price starts at $29 user/month for up to 5 users.
Advantage’s project management tool helps you manage your projects throughout their lifecycle. From scheduling to calendar views, this tool can do it all for you.
- Agile boards for visual project management
- Desktop, Scrum, and Kanban boards
- Project Schedule Multi View to help you check project status
- Gantt chart, calendar, timeline, and availability for analyzing your project
- Risk analysis, burn rate charts, and more
- Create estimates with ease
For pricing information, you need to get in touch with their team.
Image via Advantage Software
This project management software solution helps you manage projects of all sizes and durations. Right from planning to the execution of your projects, this tool can help you get your work done.
- Access your project plans from your mobile devices
- Board and list views for managing your tasks
- Integrate with G-Suite, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Calendar
- Plan V’s Actual feature to compare where your project stands against your plan
- Track your project’s budget
- Integrates with Jira
Free for up to 3 users. Paid plans start from $75/month.
Image via Proggio
50. Easy Project
Easy Project is a GDPR compliant platform, and that makes it a great one when working with teams and clients from within the EU. It’s based on some of the best project management practices and can help you track and manage your projects with ease.
- Kanban, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Gantt, Scrum, and more
- Manage your projects and tasks from mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Get an overview of your project through Project Roadmap
- Detailed overview of all the attachments for a project along with their tasks
- View the critical path of the project to find tasks that can’t be delayed
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Slack, and other popular software solutions
Cloud plans start at $6.72 per user/month. For Server solutions, you need to contact their team.
Image via Easy Project
Monday is an all-in-one solution for managing all your projects. It provides a variety of charts and tools to help you organize your projects right from the beginning to the end.
- Multiple customizable project templates to get you started
- Track tasks and time
- Collaborate with your team and share files, checklists, sheets, and more
- Detailed timelines, calendar views, Kanban, and more to help you track your project
- Apps for iOS and Android
- Integrate with Dropbox, Excel, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and more
Plans start from $39/month.
Q1. What are project management tools?
A. Project management tools help managers streamline projects, tasks, and resources by automating workflows.
Simplistic tools are little more than checklists that check project status against set parameters. The more sophisticated tools allow users to set deadlines, assign roles and tasks, send status alerts, generate productivity reports, and compute project budgets and costs.
Q2. What are the top features in project management tools?
A. Most project management tools possess these features:
- Project scheduling and planning
- Time tracking
- Team collaboration
- Billing and quote building
- Project budgeting
Q3. What is the best project management tool for 2021?
A. Dropbox is one of the best project management tools available today. The cloud-powered software allows you to recover deleted files, share selective access to files, and save and restore document versions with ease.
Q4. How much does a project management tool cost?
A. The cost of project management tools varies widely. There are many free tools like ClickUp (free for up to 100 MB storage) and Proggio (free for 3 users).
Most advanced tools fall in the price range of $9 to $15, per month. The cost varies based on the number of users, storage space, and deployment type.
Q5. Does Google have a project management tool?
A. Google doesn’t have a dedicated tool for project management. But, Google Sheets can be used to create project plans and generate Gantt charts. It requires no coding or design experience and is available free of charge with G-Suite.
Q6. Does Microsoft have a project management tool?
A. Microsoft Project is a powerful project management tool that can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud. It can be used to assign tasks, schedule projects, generate custom reports, and share document access with colleagues.
Q7. How to use Excel as a project management tool?
A. Although Excel is rarely marketed as a project management tool, it possesses some remarkable project tracking features. It is especially useful when you need a free tool for light use. Plus, it is free with MS-Office, which again makes it perfect for individuals and small businesses.
Here are some of its project management features:
- Visual timeline chart
- Project budget chart
- Task list
- Project review
- Project tracker
Q8. Why should you use project management tools?
A. Project management tools offer many advantages, such as:
- Better planning and scheduling
- Efficient task delegation
- Better team collaboration
- Easier document sharing and access
- Budget planning, forecast, and tracking
- Improved risk mitigation
Q9. Is Jira a good project management tool?
A. Though Jira is primarily meant for software development, its Kanban workflows make it a great platform for project management as well.
If your development teams are already using Jira, it makes sense to use it to track your projects. You won’t have to worry about additional software license costs and data migration. Moreover, Jira is agile, which makes it scalable and ideal for growing teams.
The Bottom Line
Managing projects requires tremendous planning and oversight. You need to track and measure your project’s progress at all times, assign tasks, and collaborate with your team as well. Project management tools like the ones mentioned above can help you achieve it all with ease. They can be especially handy when you’re working on multiple projects at a time.
Advanced visualization methods like Kanban, WBS, Gantt charts, and timelines can further help your cause.
Do you know of any other tools which deserve to be a part of this list? Let me know in the comments.
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).