SEMrush alternatives have a tough act to follow. SEMrush has unbeatable features that entrepreneurs and marketers love. Their analytics reports, backlink audit reports, and keyword research toolkit are legendary.
This tool offers a plethora of solutions for businesses of all scales and sizes. However, these beneficial features come at a high price.
The heavy price tag of SEMrush is an impediment to freelancers and startups who are looking for an affordable all-in-one marketing solution.
That’s one of the reasons why SEMrush alternatives are gaining popularity in the market. While not exactly free, most of the SEMrush alternatives are priced competitively.
To help you pick the SEMrush alternative that fulfills your requirements and fits your budget, we’ve reviewed 11 of the best tools. You can compare their features and prices side by side and select the best fit for you.
What Are the Top 11 SEMrush Alternatives: Free and Paid?
If you go around scouting for SEMrush alternatives, you’ll be boggled by the options available out there.
It is easy to be swayed by software solutions that boast advanced, albeit gimmicky, features.
Some of these tools offer money-back guarantees while others offer month-long free trial periods.
Which is best?
It’s enough to drive you insane.
To make your life easy, we’ve identified and reviewed 11 of the best SEMrush alternatives. Check them out.
SEMrush Alternative #1: Advanced Web Ranking
AWR or Advanced Web Ranking rules the roost among SEMrush alternatives. This device-agnostic tool offers remarkable features at a pocket-friendly price. You can use AWR seamlessly on any device, browser, or operating system.
- The platform furnishes white-label reports on-demand, or on a daily or weekly basis.
- You can get up-to-date ranking reports covering all SERP features and for all search engines.
- Localization enables drilling down on location-specific data.
- The platform builds custom SEO reports atop templates.
- Their Developer API allows you to integrate your SERP stats into in-house tools.
AWR offers four packages, STARTER, PRO, AGENCY, and ENTERPRISE, which are priced at $44 to $449 per month, (if paid upfront for a year).
SEMrush Alternative #2: Searchmetrics
Searchmetrics is an all-in-one tool that includes keyword analysis, SEM & PPC, site audit, backlink audit, and SEO. They also offer market insights and cloud integration. With such a broad range of capabilities, this SEMrush alternative is a must-have for all smart marketers.
- Their Global SEO feature provides you with historical search data covering five years, 130 domains, and 30 countries.
- Their Local SEO feature lets you monitor SEO trends across 14 countries.
- You can harness the power of backlink analysis to optimize your off-page performance.
- Their deep website evaluation reports help you uncover the flaws in your website architecture. Their Visibility Guard feature protects your high-converting pages 24×7 from loss of traffic.
- They give you undiluted comparisons of PPC and organic activities and intelligent suggestions to optimize both.
You can request a quote or demo from their website.
SEMrush Alternative #3: Serpstat
The next SEMrush alternative is Serpstat, a growth hacking tool for content marketers and entrepreneurs. Their suite of services includes position tracking, site audit, competitor research, and backlink analysis.
- Their keyword search feature identifies top-performing keywords for your pages and ads.
- They analyze keyword trends, give keyword variations, search suggestions, and international SEO data at no additional cost.
- Their SERP analytics pinpoints your domain visibility, relative positioning, and best-performing pages and content.
- Their competitor analysis feature identifies your AdWords competitors, their budgets, and targeted keywords.
- Their content marketing suite bundles content creation suggestions and related keywords databases.
This software solution is available in four pricing plans, Lite, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise, ranging from $69 to $499 monthly. You can also get access to their free edition which includes advanced features such as competitor analysis.
SEMrush Alternative #4: Google Keyword Planner
The first free SEMrush alternative on our list is Google Keyword Planner. This simple-to-use tool is a part and parcel of your Google Ads account.
Though cost-effective, the tool is not as robust as SEMrush. Their curated metrics offer vague ranges rather than precise values, so they might be baffling for your SEO team.
- This tool helps you find keywords by domain, products, or services. They suggest SEO campaign ideas pivoting around keywords.
- You can access historical data such as average monthly searches and competitor analysis for keywords.
- This tool provides forecasts about a keyword’s performance which is calculated on the basis of predicted clicks and probable conversions.
- You get advanced sorting features such as clicks, average CPC, CTR, and impressions to filter your search results.
Available to use for free.
Monitor Backlinks is a formidable competitor for SEMrush, owing to its robust backlink audit and SEO analytics features. Their super-friendly dashboard and intuitive interface give users a panoramic view of all of the data they are seeking.
- You can get backlink audit reports with details such as Top-Level Domain (TLD) Distribution, Top Anchor Text, Followed vs. No Followed, and Top Linked Pages.
- They track keyword details for location, traffic volume, CPC numbers, and competition scores. You can tag keywords for better management.
- They monitor backlinks 24×7 by investigating reports from third-party sources like Moz and Majestic.
- They let you create a disavow list for negative backlinks that can defame your websites.
Their lowest-priced plan is the Start plan which costs $25 per month. At this price, you can monitor one domain, two competitors, 2,500 links, and 50 keywords.
SEMrush Alternative #6: KWFinder
If you’re concerned about keyword research and analysis, KWFinder may be your ideal tool. The platform has a set of tools dedicated to the task of finding keywords with low difficulty scores and high search volumes.
- This keyword research tool allows you to search keywords by domain and location.
- The platform curates hidden and niche-specific long-tail keywords within three minutes.
- They can even identify the keywords that your competitors are targeting using their domain/URL.
- You can get SERP reports for more than 50K locations.
- Using a single request, you can import reports of hundreds of keywords.
Their Mangools Basic plan costs just $29.90 monthly and allows 100 keyword searches in a day.
For a higher number of keyword searches, you can buy their Mangools Premium plan (for 500 searches) for $39.90 per month or their Mangools Agency plan (for 1200 searches) for $79.90 per month.
SEMrush Alternative #7: Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a leading SEMrush alternative, owing to its deep data analytics and frequent updates. Apart from impressive features, Ahrefs boasts of an expert SEO community on Facebook and beneficial marketing tutorials.
- Organic search reports give granular information about your competitors’ traffic, keywords, and backlinks, covering 150+ countries and 150 million keywords.
- Their Content Gap feature highlights the keywords for which your competitors outrank you.
- Their Keyword Explorer feature houses a database of 3 billion keywords with their search volumes, traffic, and CPC numbers.
- They have a mammoth index of live backlinks, attained from 54 billion web pages crawled every 15 minutes.
You can buy their most popular Standard plan for $179 per month which lets you manage up to 10 projects. With a yearly subscription, you get the first two months free.
SEMrush Alternative #8: Raven Tools
Raven Tools is a full-featured SEMrush alternative that bundles up seven SEO and reporting tools in one platform.
They offer pocket-friendly solutions for in-house marketing teams, freelancing professionals, SMBs, and large enterprises. Their SEO Dictionary and Help Center are handy resources for beginners.
- You can pull up branded reports from 30+ data modules and add your notes and observations.
- Their website audit feature identifies discrepancies in your site structure and HTML code. They tag issues based on their criticality and generate a site health score.
- Raven’s Link Manager uncovers toxic backlinks and competitor links. They partner with Majestic to reveal up to 50,000 backlinks for any given URL.
- Their Rank Tracker feature delivers daily, weekly, and monthly rank reports for all top search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo, Baidu, and Yandex.
Their most popular pricing plan is the Grow plan which is priced at $139 per month. This package allows eight users, 80 domains, and 20,000 position checks.
SEMrush Alternative #9: Moz
Moz has earned a place among SEMrush alternatives for its comprehensive Keyword Explorer feature. You can leverage Moz’s capabilities to uplift your web content and outperform your competitors.
- Their Keyword Explorer feature compiles keyword lists, sorted by difficulty score and search volume. They let you categorize and prioritize key phrases according to your content strategy.
- They help you measure the SEO impact of your keywords by tracking their SERP performance.
- The premium MozBar included in all Moz Pro packages plugs live page metrics into your Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Their site audit feature uncovers broken links, absent title tags, and poor architecture issues in websites.
- You can build an impressive link profile by using Moz’s link research service. They help you build quality backlinks and remove spammy ones.
Moz Pro subscriptions cost between $79 and $479 per month when paid yearly. With every plan, you get access to the MozBar, 1-on-1 walkthroughs, 24×7 online support, and a Q&A forum made up of Moz associates and SEO gurus.
SEMrush Alternative #10: SEO PowerSuite
The next SEMrush alternative, SEO PowerSuite, combines compelling features, customer support, search engine compatibility, and white-label reports. Their free version offers unlimited site crawls and keyword searches.
- You get 19 different keyword suggestion tools that outline traffic and bounce rate of every keyword on your radar.
- They weigh backlinks for 50+ factors to create profound reports and give intelligent link building recommendations.
- A site audit reveals dead links and missing HTML snippets. You also get optimization suggestions to improve page indexing and ranking.
- Their competitive analysis feature helps you crack your competitors’ backlinks, keywords, and content strategy.
Apart from the free plan, you can get access to the SEO PowerSuite Professional plan for $299 or the SEO PowerSuite Enterprise plan for $699.
SEMrush Alternative #11: cognitiveSEO
The last SEMrush alternative in our lineup is cognitiveSEO. This power-packed platform has all of the regular SEO features plus add-on features such as Google penalty prevention recommendations and social visibility tracker.
- Their rigorous site analysis feature digs into duplicate content, indexing flaws, missing meta titles, and poor navigation.
- Their backlink research feature generates fresh data on authority websites and performs a link audit of your webpages.
- Their Link Navigator feature compiles spammy links for you to review and disavow so that you can avoid flagging by search engines.
- Their Google Penguin Penalty Recovery tool highlights the key issues in your website and links that can result in penalties. You can set up alerts for low-quality links pointing to your profile.
After a free 7-day trial, you can opt for their Starter plan that costs $129.99/month or their Business plan (custom pricing available on request). With all packages, you get free onboarding and 24-hour online support.
That’s a Wrap
SEO, website, and link audits can be game-changers for your business.
They help you uncover why your pages rank low or don’t command authority in the industry.
By ironing out the kinks, you can rank better and get more visibility. This can have a positive impact on your site traffic and conversion rates.
The SEMrush alternatives mentioned in this listicle can help you meet your SEO targets. Their modest prices and commendable features make these tools a great bargain.
Over to you…
You should shortlist a few tools and register for their free trials. After the trials, you can invest in the tools that best match your expectations.
Do you know of any other tools that could be a good addition to this post? Please share them with us in the comments below.